Two new Tim Piglet Conrad's OV-1b repaints done
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two new Tim Piglet Conrad's OV-1b repaints done

Two new Tim Piglet Conrad's OV-1b repaints done

Hi all,

I'm new to this form so forgive me if I'm not posting on the right thread or if I'm breaching forum protocols in some way. I've repainted Tim 'Piglet' Conrad's OV-1b Bronco in both a Canadian SAR and an Australian Customs version which I use in flying ORBX PNW and Australia sceneries as a border security aircraft....attached are screenshots that I use for my thumbnails.

I'd like to get in touch with Tim if I can for two reasons; one so that I can pass on these repaints to his for distribution if he's interested and the other reason relates to a virtual panel question I can't sort out....

Tim, if you're reading this can you get in touch with me please?

Many thanks

Wrench

Attachment 49620Attachment 49621

Hi Wrench,
    Welcome to the SOH! Tim has given permission for all SOH members to repaint his aircraft and regarding distribution, we'd like to host them here. Just obtain an upload password and then follow the scripts.

Roger.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Welcome, and nice entrance!. I'll be lining up for those!

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    :salute:for the RCAF one and most welcomed in my hanger.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

How do I upload?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hi Wrench,
    Welcome the SOH! Tim has given permission for all SOH members to repaint his aircraft and regarding distribution, we'd like to host them here. Just obtain an upload password and then follow the scripts.

Roger.
    Thanks Roger...I'm happy to get a password and upload these files; can you send me the link to where I can start all of this and also please can some direct me to Tim regarding the VC questions I have?

Many thanks
    Wrench

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Wrench, would you consider a Req for a USCG paint please?

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Reply...

Wrench,

Howdy, I'm the head librarian for SOH. To upload, please make sure the package is in .zip format. Also, please include a description text file of its contents. Because it is clear that permissions have been given, no other work is needed in that regard. A picture of the skin (a jpeg will be more than sufficient) would also be nice, but is not absolutely necessary.

When you are ready, you can access the Warbirds Library by starting on the home page and clicking on "Upload add-ons" and following the prompts on the page. The first box should be the name of the file, (Please refrain from using your username or real name, the software will tell me whose file package it is) while the large box allowed you to provide a description of the upload. (The information in your description text file would suffice)

Under "upload file"...this is where you would identify the package that you wish to upload, followed by "image upload." (This is where you would identify the snapshot that you are using to identify your product)

You'll then want to choose the target directory. (In this case, since these are repaints, you would want to choose "FSX Skins")

Then finally, click "submit" and it will be uploaded to the library, waiting for my examination and (almost always) rapid approval, so it will be ready for downloading.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Welcome the SOH! Tim has given permission for all SOH members to repaint his aircraft and regarding distribution
    You heard the man! I preapprove SOH members to release repaints of my planes.
    With a name like Wrench, you an A&P?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    You heard the man! I preapprove SOH members to release repaints of my planes.
    With a name like Wrench, you an A&P?
    Not sure what an A&P is but I got the nickname when I was in the CDN army reserve many years ago; a bit of a play on my surname....anyway I'm putting the readme and texture files together now and should have the zip ready over the weekend.....

Tim; I need your help. I use my VC exclusively with a Matrox TH2Go....two questions....when I click on the + or -within the radio stack I can't get the NAV1 radio to change frequencies..... can you help me here please. A second request if I can ask is there a way that the default GPS can be embedded into that red screen on the right side of the VC panel? so when you click on the GPS button it pops up in that screen...I don't know how to alter panel cfg's or do panel design so I was hoping perhaps you could have a bit of a look at that if it's not too much to ask.

I'm grateful for your work

Best regards

Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Not sure what an A&P is .....
    An Airframe & Powerplant mechanic.

Just wanted to pass on my thanks to Tim for the awesome plane and Wrench for the skins.

I was an avionics tech on a USArmy OV-1 Mohawk unit during Desert Storm, and this FSX plane lets me revisit some memories and experiences that started my aircraft interest long ago, and this time from the pilot seat instead of watching it from the flight line.

Very much a favourite in my virtual hangar.

As we used to say in that unit MOHAWK!

Hello all!

I have radios problems in this model...
    Has someone solved?

The paintkit is available?

Thanks in advance.

Charter Member 2015
    Helo,
    Thanks for these repaints.

This aircraft is very difficult to fly and to land.
    It seams very "sensitive" and I cannot land it.
    Does someone knows how to reduce the "sensitivity" ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

Quote Originally Posted by merida72 View Post
    Hello all!

I have radios problems in this model...
    Has someone solved?

The paintkit is available?

Thanks in advance.

I've got radio problems too and these have been pointed out to Tim 'Piglet' Conrad who created this plane. Hopefully he can fix the problem for us; as far as the paint kit is concerned; no to my knowledge there is no paintkit...I painted it the hard way slow but sure...

Hope that answers your questions.

Regards
    Wrench

Love these new Mohawk "cuts", much appreciated!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

I've got radio problems too and these have been pointed out to Tim 'Piglet' Conrad who created this plane. Hopefully he can fix the problem for us; as far as the paint kit is concerned; no to my knowledge there is no paintkit...I painted it the hard way slow but sure...

Hope that answers your questions.

Regards
    Wrench
    yes, everything is clear, thanks for the reply

:ernae:

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Wrench:

Many thanks for these! The Aussie job will come-in very handy, but the Canay-jun rascal will get lots and lots of screenplay here!

One of the endearing characteristics of this aerodyne is the nifty "glow" that emanates from the engine tailpipes. For some reason, that never fails to rev my starter!

Thanks again, Wrench.
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

Radio Issue

Hi Tim,

Have you had a chance to take a look at the radio problems that both another member and myself have commented on?

All the best
    Wrench

Hi Tim,
    Have you had a chance to take a look at the radio problems that both another member and myself have commented on?
    All the best
    Wrench
    I seem to remember that being address after the initial release about 4 years ago, but I don't remember there being any easy solution. I know some of us who have FSPanel Studio just swapped out some other radios that worked and went on. I also checked flightsim.com and the archives here for a paint kit and the Mohawk appears to be one of the few that Tim designed that didn't have a paint kit released after the initial release of the aircraft.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

OV-1b VC Panel Dilema

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I seem to remember that being address after the initial release about 4 years ago, but I don't remember there being any easy solution. I know some of us who have FSPanel Studio just swapped out some other radios that worked and went on. I also checked flightsim.com and the archives here for a paint kit and the Mohawk appears to be one of the few that Tim designed that didn't have a paint kit released after the initial release of the aircraft.:salute:
    Thanks mate...background info was helpful. Is there someone out there who has a file or link to an updated air or mdl file that contains changes that make the radios work? My workaround at the moment is changing aircraft in midflight then changing the radio frequencies then switching back to the OV-1b and carrying on with the flight...not exactly the best solution.

I'm using a Matrox TH2GO so I fly exclusively on a VC and from what I can tell panel editors like FSPanel Studio ( that I don't even have a clue about on how to begin to use ) are more for the 2d panels.

Appreciate any and all help to resolve this issue.

Many thanks, cheers
    Wrench

. . . . . . .I'm using a Matrox TH2GO so I fly exclusively on a VC and from what I can tell panel editors like FSPanel Studio (that I don't even have a clue about on how to begin to use) are more for the 2d panels.
    Appreciate any and all help to resolve this issue.

Many thanks, cheers
    Wrench
    Actually, while the 2d panel is usually what FSPS defaults to when you first open it, it will, if there is a VC, allow you many times to move, re-size, swap-out, re-position or simply delete gauges. It will also let you design Pop-up windows and more. It would be well worth your time to just play around with it a bit. I can tell you from experience that once you get the basics down, and feel comfortable with it. . .it get's extremely addictive.

Current System Specs:

More on radios

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Actually, while the 2d panel is usually what FSPS defaults to when you first open it, it will, if there is a VC, allow you many times to move, re-size, swap-out, re-position or simply delete gauges. It will also let you design Pop-up windows and more. It would be well worth your time to just play around with it a bit. I can tell you from experience that once you get the basics down, and feel comfortable with it. . .it get's extremely addictive.
    Thanks once again for the info...I downloaded a demo copy of FSPS to give it a go but to cut a long story short I'm afraid that panel design is just not something I'm going to engage in.

What I need and want is for someone who is up on this stuff like Piglet who designed the original planes vc panel to have a look at the VC and update and upload whatever files are necessary to get the radios to work. I hoping that since as you've pointed out this aircraft has been around for about four years or so someone would have taken that on by now.

I am however grateful for your advice thus far.

again, best regards
    Wrench

Age being what it is, I tend to remember things differently after 4 or 5 years so I had another look at the Mohawk (haven't flown it in years really). Because of the way the gauges are setup, there aren't any other gauges that will fit the allotted space. I looked at swapping out several different radio packages, but the way they're arranged in FSPanel Studio, there isn't anything else that fits. So from my viewpoint the only other option is to make a pop-up with new radios that work and use that to set your frequencies. If anyone else has a better solution or knows if there was ever a fix that worked, let's jump in here and get the problem fixed.

Current System Specs:

Which version of Tim's Mohawk are you guys having trouble with? The radios in mine are all default KingAir or Bendix radios and when I click the round tune button they tune in the VC.

Also this aircraft was very difficult to fly according to the real life pilots. The real one is very sensitive also. Someone once told me if you lost an engine under power the plane would flip over and go out of control.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    Which version of Tim's Mohawk are you guys having trouble with? The radios in mine are all default KingAir or Bendix radios and when I click the round tune button they tune in the VC.
    Also this aircraft was very difficult to fly according to the real life pilots. The real one is very sensitive also. Someone once told me if you lost an engine under power the plane would flip over and go out of control.
    Dave
    This is the only FSX version there is. It also has the default KingAir and Bendix radios and they appear to be clickable (hand icon appears with a +- showing) but it has no effect on the dials.

Current System Specs: