KCFS Seabee update

Thread: KCFS Seabee update

KCFS Seabee update

Just wanted to show some renders of the recent cockpit work on the Seabee. Enough with the chit-chat! Lets get onto the eye candy!

Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Almost smell the new interior... *sniff*

Blog Entries
    inyl seats with cloth center insets.. its says a lot when you can see that right off from a raw untextured render..

Oh Baby!! Lookin' great Gibbage.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

After you have done a hard days fishin and just took a swim, leather seats tend to skick to your bare legs, so the cloth inserts helps that
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

looks good!
    It's funny, but that last shot somehow feels like you're looking at a VW beetle..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

honestly, it was built like a vw bug! They used stamped and corigated metal to keep the rivit count to a minimum. Even the parts catalog is only 12 pages long! Its mind blowing how simple this aircraft is. It was made as an aircraft for the masses.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

These renders look excellent, Kevin! Interesting little plane, I'm looking forward to it!

Cheers,
    Mark

With that opening front door it reminds me of a BMW Isetta.
    http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/3-kl...202913865.html

Great work, Kevin!
    Mathias

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Wow....
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    I always thought the small German cars from this era were fascinating. Besides the Isetta I remember the Messerschmitt KR200 and the NSU Prinz (my father owned a Prinz back in the day).

Great looking Seabee, Kevin!
    Mike Mann

A great technical work. Greetings.

I can't say it's a beauty and i think never will fall in love with it.

My brother bought a BMW Isetta in the late 60's. The law in the UK is such that people who only have a motorcycle driving licence can drive three-wheeled vehicles as they are classed in the same group as a motorcycle and sidecar (hence the popularity of the Reliant and Bond three-wheelers). Most of the 'bubble cars' of that period had three wheels (two at the front and one at the back) however the Isetta had twin wheels at the back which put them into the car class. Unfortunately my brother didn't realize this until after he'd bought the car and then found out he couldn't drive it on his motorcycle licence! It sat on our driveway for about a year until he sold it on again. They were certainly an interesting vehicle with some unique features.
    Larry

Great work, Kevin!
    Just to make things clear, the Isetta was of italian origin: the first producer was an italian company called ISOTERMOS (hence the name ISETTA)
    I know that for sure since in the 60's I used an Isetta to get to an airport at the outskirt of Milan, to attend sailplane flying lesson with a friend !!!
    Italo

Your modeling skills show well Kevin. The more I see your progress on the Seabee, the more it reminds me of the day I went to see, and take pictures of one that was getting restored. I crawled all over it and got shots from almost every angle. For a simple aircraft, the Seabee is built like a tank for what it is.

It's real neat to see the progress your making on this unique amphibian.

Thats actually really nice, I've saw one of these flown by a dentist @ Seawings one year!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Your modeling skills show well Kevin. The more I see your progress on the Seabee, the more it reminds me of the day I went to see, and take pictures of one that was getting restored. I crawled all over it and got shots from almost every angle. For a simple aircraft, the Seabee is built like a tank for what it is.

It's real neat to see the progress your making on this unique amphibian.
    Thanks. I have a lot of help from local owners out here. Seems that there are a LOT of Seabee's flying around Seattle!!!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Looks fantastic...and looking fowqrd to flying the Sea Bee around the PNW and New Zealand. Pity there are no Sea Bees in NZ but I do recall seeing a Spencer Air Car once in Auckland which is similar - same designer I think.

Kevin, I sent you a private message. I figured it was better than asking you here in the forum

Members who have read this thread: 1