Ultralight hits Ferris wheel ...

Thread: Ultralight hits Ferris wheel ...

Ultralight hits Ferris wheel ...

At least no one was seriously injured or killed.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I'm still wondering about the pilot's statement that he didn't see the ferris wheel. How the heck could he not miss seeing it?
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I'm still wondering about the pilot's statement that he didn't see the ferris wheel. How the heck could he not miss seeing it?
    The ferris wheel was moving?

The article stated that the Ultralight, with two people on board, failed to gain sufficient altitude after take off. Maybe it was over loaded and/or the pilot was pulling back on the stick, trying to get it to climb, but succeeded only in putting the aircraft into a nose high attitude? That's pure speculation on my part, but in my early experiences with flight sims I'd often haul back on the stick in an effort to climb. The end result was usually no gain in altitude or a stall.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.