Aerocrate - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aerocrate

Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Blondi View Post
    OK,Great but did anyone get permision from Peter Russell to download his plane. His readme inside was pretty plain about who could download it plus also a Spad I believe.BLONDI:cost1:
    Blondi,

I removed those files for now...would you be able to contact him and obtain said permission? I kept all the readme files in the download packages.

If you PM me, I can provide you with the e-mail.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Chesaning-The middle of the Mitten. Go Blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Blondi,

I removed those files for now...would you be able to contact him and obtain said permission? I kept all the readme files in the download packages.

If you PM me, I can provide you with the e-mail.
    I have the E-mail.I tried long ago. No Luck.Others tried also. Fred Green was contacted but he had no right to give permision even though some of the work on these aircraft was his. He said Russell was the maker and he could no longer contact him.SOH at that time said they could not download the AC because of the readme.Gary Augmenter would not either.That is why he was going to make his own 0/400.Idon't know if he ever started it though.My guess is Russell has died or is no longer interested. If you want to try the E-Mail adress again Good Luck.It might not even be valid anymore..Blondi:cost1:

Copy of the licence-
    This grants Fred Green license to use the files
    contained in this package on the AERODROME
    site, and to offer the package for download without
    charge from this web site.
    License to end users
    This model and associated files should not be uploaded separately or as
    part of any package to any web site or included on any CD collection, whether
    distributed for consideration or otherwise, without the authors'
    written permission.
    Breach of this license in respect of any of these files issued for consideration
    will be charged at the rate of
    US$2 for each copy of the model made in breach of the license
    US$5 for each copy of the model sold in breach of the license
    Any other distribution in breach of this license may be charged at
    a flat rate of up to US$100.
    All copyright which belongs to the authors is retained.

Unhappy Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Blondi View Post
    I have the E-mail.I tried long ago. No Luck.Others tried also. Fred Green was contacted but he had no right to give permision even though some of the work on these aircraft was his. He said Russell was the maker and he could no longer contact him.SOH at that time said they could not download the AC because of the readme.Gary Augmenter would not either.That is why he was going to make his own 0/400.Idon't know if he ever started it though.My guess is Russell has died or is no longer interested. If you want to try the E-Mail adress again Good Luck.It might not even be valid anymore..Blondi:cost1:

Copy of the licence-
    This grants Fred Green license to use the files
    contained in this package on the AERODROME
    site, and to offer the package for download without
    charge from this web site.
    License to end users
    This model and associated files should not be uploaded separately or as
    part of any package to any web site or included on any CD collection, whether
    distributed for consideration or otherwise, without the authors'
    written permission.
    Breach of this license in respect of any of these files issued for consideration
    will be charged at the rate of
    US$2 for each copy of the model made in breach of the license
    US$5 for each copy of the model sold in breach of the license
    Any other distribution in breach of this license may be charged at
    a flat rate of up to US$100.
    All copyright which belongs to the authors is retained.
    Blondi,

The e-mails were not valid. The following e-mail was sent, though...

Sirs Peter and Robert,

My name is Andrew Talbot, and I am the head librarian at www.sim-outhouse.com. Over the past several months, there has been a push to save certain files for posterity, especially for the SCW (Spanish Civil War) and World War I. This is a freeware site, and we wish to upload the following files....

aer2alb3_a
    aer2alb5
    aer2camel
    aer2dh2
    aer2dh4
    aer2dr1
    aer2ein3
    aer2ein4
    aer2f2b
    aer2gotha
    aer2halb
    aer2hp
    aer2jnkrscl1
    aer2pup
    aer2aoptripe
    aer2spad7
    aer2spad12
    aer2spad13

It was quite clear by your readme, however, that written permission must be obtained from you before proceeding further. If these e-mails are still valid, it would be greatly appreciated if you could respond either affirming or denying said request.

Sincerely,

Andrew Talbot
    "Rami"

Though it is always good to respect copyright and restrictions, it is too bad that resources that a maker may have abandoned due to loss of interest are lost to a community. In publishing of books, the statute of limitations is 75 years and then works become free use. I suppose it might be possible to gain some sort of collective agreement about this for digital free for use resources, ie mods made for fun and not for profit. It would be nice. Some of the planes needed may be available in out of print commercial products that the makers would release to public domain, it happens at times.

It looks like Peter has allowed use of his models by others...there are several conversions and updates including:

CFS Gloster Gladiator MkII - Finland 1940. During the Winter War, the Finnish Air Force obtained 30 Mk II fighters from the UK. Ten of the aircraft were donated while the other twenty were bought by the FAF; all were delivered between 18 January and 16 February 1940. The Finnish Gladiators served until 1945, but they were outclassed by the more modern Soviet fighters during the Continuation War (WWII). This virtual model represent the Gloster Gladiator MkII # GL-256, Finland 1940 (Winter War). Original model by Peter Russell. All reworked to CFS1 with new textures, panel, damage profile and moving parts by Edmundo Abad.
    you might try contacting Edumndo Abad to see if he can help us get in touch with Peter or what happened to him.

And in closing I don't see any restriction in his READ ME that limits use or sharing between people interested in the era and flying the planes digitlall for free and not for profit. I am sure files shared with respect and with that intent would not be limited ....otherwise he would not have shared them in the first place. His restrictions apply only to uploaded content on the net, and packages for "consideration or otherwise" meaning payware or freeware packages. I do not see any limit on sharing peer to peer and this is a method that has allowed many other sims and games to be modded legallly and with full respect for the integrity of the original source and the expansions.
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Chesaning-The middle of the Mitten. Go Blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Blondi,

The e-mails were not valid. The following e-mail was sent, though...

Sirs Peter and Robert,

My name is Andrew Talbot, and I am the head librarian at www.sim-outhouse.com. Over the past several months, there has been a push to save certain files for posterity, especially for the SCW (Spanish Civil War) and World War I. This is a freeware site, and we wish to upload the following files....

aer2alb3_a
    aer2alb5
    aer2camel
    aer2dh2
    aer2dh4
    aer2dr1
    aer2ein3
    aer2ein4
    aer2f2b
    aer2gotha
    aer2halb
    aer2hp
    aer2jnkrscl1
    aer2pup
    aer2aoptripe
    aer2spad7
    aer2spad12
    aer2spad13

It was quite clear by your readme, however, that written permission must be obtained from you before proceeding further. If these e-mails are still valid, it would be greatly appreciated if you could respond either affirming or denying said request.

Sincerely,

Andrew Talbot

Yep,see, your request sounds alot better than mine would have.I was pretty sure the E-mails were no good.I think they were no good back when I tried.Its a real shame these Aircraft have to go to waste.After looking at your list I realized that I don't have all of them either.CrisGer's Idea would work but you have to have soemone willing to send all these AC to everyone by E-mail .Someone at SOH perhaps?Blondi:cost1:

Peer to peer sharing is generally acceptable if both parties are trusted, it works pretty well and shows respect for the source and the purpose. Hopefully it is a way to get past this rather unique situation as many makers craft Read Mes to cover such eventualities. I hope it may help out as it is great to see people interested in expanding the WWI aspect of CFS2, some good people put a lot of effort in to Areocrates and other efforts. We were very kindly given permission to share the complete file set for the Zepplin for this era which was a model of how such older files can be shared out. That is an extensive list that Peter made, certainly covers most of the major machines.
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Has anyone looked at Stuart Green's site ://homepages.domicilium.com/peveril/hangar/hangar.htm? He has a Straaken that's available, but it's in FS9 I'd convert it, but I have Windows 7 64 bit and cac't seem to get it to work.

I have the converted Staaken RVI.

Also, Rami that isn't supposed to be a complete list of aer WWI aircraft is it? I ask because I have some you don't show such as the Fe2b and the HP 400 series.

Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Coyote View Post
    I have the converted Staaken RVI.

Also, Rami that isn't supposed to be a complete list of AER WWI aircraft is it? I ask because I have some you don't show such as the Fe2b and the HP 400 series.
    I had to take those down because of strict restrictions in the readme file. Please see the posts on page two of this thread, I believe.
    "Rami"

WWI info

All I fly now is WWI Aerocrate because of the challenge involved. I joined this site to try and get more info on the 1917 campaign and any other further WWI developments. I have learned more here in a very short time than I learned after hours of searching the web. I would love to see more WWI development in the future. Thank you all for the education, and if I can do anything to help, I would be glad too.

I like to fly QG at dawn with heavy clouds. I don't get shot down very often, but I DO run into things a lot.

Hello All,

Maybe I can help a bit, regarding the old AERodrome Sqn planes. First of all, please do not confuse the old AERodrome Sqn planes with the outstanding work of Mr. Aumaugher at his AEROCRATE sight. IMO, Gary is one of the best modelers out there, and the time and genius he put into his project is nothing short of phenomenal. I would be overjoyed, if I had half of his talent and ability. The AERodrome Sqn was formed around 1998 as an online CFS1 group out of the UK, flying multiplayer WWI mods on the "Zone". When CFS2 was released, the group changed over to the new CFS2 format, modded a set of new planes, and setup a basic websight. It was all multiplayer and there was no real intent regarding offline Missions or Campaigns. As such, the old AERodrome Sqn planes were made specifically for online Multiplayer flying, during the early days of the old MS/CFS2 "Zone", and the airfiles may not be the best for AI in Missions/Campaigns and other offline uses. AERodrome member Fred Green had gotten license to upload Peter Russell's models only on the old AERodrome sight, which has been defunct for several years now. When the MS Zone withdrew CFS2 support, the AERodrome Sqn boys had no where left to fly online, so the group disbanded, the old AERodrome download sight went bye bye, and there was/is no more license to use Peter Russell's models. Mr. Russell dropped off the radar many years ago, so attempts of renewing any sort of license on his work will be pointless at best. Please do not attempt to upload any of the old AERodrome Sqn planes containing Peter Russell's models, here, or at any other sight... sadly, there simply is no license to do so. At this juncture, let me add that as part of the AERodrome Sqn modding team, I was the airfile maker: all of those old AERodrome Sqn planes have my airfiles on them, so I'll have to take the blame for the way they flew. The airfiles are based on the stock CFS2 Zero, and were made according to the wishes/input of my online AERodrome Sqn mates, at the time. Hopefully, I have managed to clear up a few things, and if I can be of any assistance to the WWI prophead community at SOH, let me know.

AER_DaddyO

AERodrome Sqn

I used to fly AERodrome online every night for hours, starting with CFS1, then CFS2. I was really disappointed when it went offline. My passion for flying WWI planes started with that over a decade ago. After all this time, its interesting to hear what happened. I still have those planes, but have honored the no distribution request. I welcome any new developments in the WWI arena, and have years worth of missions and campaigns developed for WWI. I don't design aircraft, so I have had to rely on the talents of others for that. Joining this site has renewed my enthusiasm, and it is great to hear firsthand from the people that have given me so many hours of enjoyment Thanks!

WWI addons

If you are interested in WWI and if you haven't checked the SOH addons be sure and do so. Rami has added a WWi listing in both Aircraft and skins and there are some good ones. Also, Aerocrates WIi scenery is at the top of the list in the scenery addons. Download and enjoy.

Thanks for the heads up I will take a look.

T.

I was wondering if there had been any further thoughts on the WWI Campaigns or Missions of late? Just wondering.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    I think about it frequently, unfortunately I also have a number of other simultaneous 'glue-sniffs'. I would like to know what the mysterious missing bomber in Blondi's campaign happens to be.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    I was wondering if there had been any further thoughts on the WWI Campaigns or Missions of late? Just wondering.
    I have no plans to do WW1 missions or Campaigns. For WW1 I fly OFF.

Talon

Members who have read this thread: 1