A-1 Skyraider Wright R-3350 engine sounds

Thread: A-1 Skyraider Wright R-3350 engine sounds

A-1 Skyraider Wright R-3350 engine sounds

Can someone point me in the right direction to better sounds for the A-1 Skyraider Wright R-3350 engine sounds. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmechanic View Post
    Can someone point me in the right direction to better sounds for the A-1 Skyraider Wright R-3350 engine sounds. Thanks
    One option is the Curtiss-Wright R-3350 four-engine soundset by Friedrich Trachsel. Since there is only one engine on the Skyraider the extra 3 don't come into play. You can find it over at Avsim

I'm using one from Cliff Presley but can't find it in the usual places.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Thanks for the help. I wonder how a bearcat sound file will work. I think te engines were not the same but close to it. I am thinking about getting the RAZBAM skyraider series again.

I have a few R-3350 sound packs....B-29, Connie, and such...and really don't like the way any of them sound. I actually use Lawdog's F8F sound pack for my Skyraiders and a modified version of Lawdog's P-47 sound pack for my Connies. I like the deeper, throatier sounds of these sound packs over the quieter, muffled sounds of the R-3350 packs. It's not accurate, but I like rich, raw sounds in my sim.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    I have a few R-3350 sound packs....B-29, Connie, and such...and really don't like the way any of them sound. I actually use Lawdog's F8F sound pack for my Skyraiders and a modified version of Lawdog's P-47 sound pack for my Connies. I like the deeper, throatier sounds of these sound packs over the quieter, muffled sounds of the R-3350 packs. It's not accurate, but I like rich, raw sounds in my sim.

OBIO
    And here I was trying to be "accurate. If ya want some real bone jarring radial sounds, there are many awesome packages out there, ranging from the great sounds by Gary Jones over at Britsim to AOH's own great packs from Nigel and Lawdog. Beauty is oft in the ears of the listner.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Members who have read this thread: 0