Looking for people with older browser versions

Thread: Looking for people with older browser versions

Looking for people with older browser versions

Not sure if this is the right place to put this. I hope it's OK.

I'm looking for people with older versions of browsers, specifically internet explorer, to go onto:

http://www.optica.co.uk

and look through all the pages and report back if they work on their browser or not and that the layout works OK on most sized screens.

If anyone can lend a hand that'd be great.

Cheers
    M
    All modern aircraft have four dimensions: Length, Width, Height and Polotics. The TSR.2 simply got the first three right

It take a little investigating but there are some site that preserve and offer old browser versions. You could grab any version that your system will stomach and see what happens.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

I did have a look at that but a bit of a google seemed to tell me that my system reacts poorly with multiple versions of IE on it (especially) I've tested with IE9, IE8 (but not since I finished) and the latest versions of Safari (for Windows), Chrome, Firefox and Opera.

Cheers,
    M
    All modern aircraft have four dimensions: Length, Width, Height and Polotics. The TSR.2 simply got the first three right

You cannot install multiple versions of IE on one computer, but you can create multiple virtual machines with a version of IE on each. I dont have any, otherwise I'd help out.

There was a website called NetRenderer that would show you pictures of your site in different browsers, but they seem to have stopped

In fact I just googled & found this: http://browsershots.org

Looks OK in IE6 (work PC!)

Myles

Wow, that is spooky, I reinstalled the Optica back into my FS2004 install on the weekend!!

Always had a soft spot for the Optica; nice to see one is airworthy again, and I hope the project has more success this time around.
    Andy

Sorry I forgot to add that. That is correct that you can have only one install at a time and the older ones tent to pester you to update to the latest with annoying frequency, as well as dire warnings about using older versions. I don't think there are serious consequences to doing this, however, and might still be worth the time to get first hand information. Create a restore point first just as a back-up.

That website was a bit useful, cheers for that darklight .

Andy, John Edgley bought the Optica project back a few years ago, along with the design rights for what was the FLS Sprint (designed by SA Holloway). The Optica has been around at various air-shows in the UK in an attempt to drum up some support for re-entry into production. Is that the Optica model that was originally for Fs2002 (I think).

Ta for an IE6 OK Myles.

Hmm you have a point about installing sequentially aeromed. Anyone ever tried installing IE onto a flash drive or does anyone know if different versions would work separated onto flash drives?

Cheers,
    M

Hmm, things might smoke if you pushed a flash drive in, version X vs version Y. I would bet that a box would come up saying you have a newer version of IE or some other incompatability issue. I meant what I have done before is to use Revo Uninstaller (great utility) to remove all remnants of IE whatever, ignoring the warnings. I then installed an older one which usually worked, but recall once I did get a box saying I was doing something ill advised. It could get dicey because of the unique nature of IE, a program that integrates with others.

Tried it in Firefox 2.0.0.20 and I.E. 6.0.2800.1106, works 10/10 on both. All links are active, all images are showing. Pages are clear and well lined-up.

Only one question; why so many "destroyed in fire"?

P.S.-
    The factory, with several flyable examples, was destroyed by an arson fire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgley_Optica

-James
    Thanks for the info, jhefner
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post
    Only one question; why so many "destroyed in fire"?
    The factory, with several flyable examples, was destroyed by an arson fire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgley_Optica

-James

Cheers for that Hubbabubba

As the Wiki site says the factory hangar at Old Sarum Airfield in Wiltshire was destroyed in the arson attack. From what I gather one of the indicators of arson was all the aircraft fuel drains being found in the wreckage, locked in the open position. It was one of the original, I think WWI era, hangars (Old Sarum is one of the oldest still active Airfields in England if not the world). If you had a look at the gallery page the photo with the Rapide in the foreground is from shortly before the fire.

Cheers
    M

Quote Originally Posted by Firebar View Post
    Cheers for that Hubbabubba

As the Wiki site says the factory hangar at Old Sarum Airfield in Wiltshire was destroyed in the arson attack. From what I gather one of the indicators of arson was all the aircraft fuel drains being found in the wreckage, locked in the open position. It was one of the original, I think WWI era, hangars (Old Sarum is one of the oldest still active Airfields in England if not the world). If you had a look at the gallery page the photo with the Rapide in the foreground is from shortly before the fire.

Cheers
    M
    Were the culprits ever found? Arson is a crime. When it destroys historical treasures, it should be a capital crime.

Funny to see how history repeats itself; HERE
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.