CFS2 ETO, MTO, CBI, PTO, plus CFS2 Crimson Skies project - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: CFS2 ETO, MTO, CBI, PTO, plus CFS2 Crimson Skies project

@ Seagull V

I see so they need work too ;p I always did like what if's type scenarios makes ya wonder of what could of been

@ codeseven

so far I'm not a AI expert I guess they might work like the AI use in CFS2 but if could I'd make them work as close to the pilots who used them if I knew how to do that. I would try and study other games for other AI tactics so really I'm not sure yet

almost there yet still far

ok a side form form the facts just now

here is another update I have to note i just set the LODs just need to position them as well
    but yet animate or rotate it for the sim forgot to do that just now

also just fond out how the plane is is texuerd the blue areas are actaully where
    the makering, insignia or decals go (what ever you choose to call it)

also for got to rename it for cfs2 set up

I think this will be done in one or two more days at the max

edit; maybe a bit longer I rotating it messed up the alinement

new plans for my projects

ok I've been thinking it over and I decided to create my own line of planes I just don't feel like making that few set of planes
    I now that's a lot work but even I think can do this thing as long term hobby and this dose mean a life time work but I think I'm nee deep in work form other hobbies i do that I'd like to take my time just building what I think would make a grate set of open source planes form Il-2 still I'm gonna address the planes that need fixing then recreate other the rest as my own version of a plane that's my two cents of how i think how should do things seeing I'm just one of those guys who likes to create things for fun in the end.

you guys can just call me the Howard Hughes of sim modeling i just like create things even just a wast of my time XP

so any way buffalo mkI here I come ;p

Hello Jed

If you are creating a brand new set of planes for CFS2 then I suggest that a modellers group is set up here so that those who have the experience and the talent can pass on knowledge, skills, help etc.

I am interested in building a number of aircraft/ships/ground objects but have had trouble in the past with what was very interesting times between jobs, family, and friends - and which resulted in some serious health issues for myself.

With the exception of a good graphics computer - my desktop is in storage and was sounding very ill and would not start when I packed her up - I have the basics for modelling in Gmax and FSDS, along with a number of other programs.

If we can get enough people involved there should be quite a few aircraft/ships/ground objects modelled, there is a lot that still can be done with CFS2, one of the main reasons why I have stayed, if Il-2/46 had the same modding capability with a world wide environment I would have changed sides - but have remained with CFS2.

Would have also been good if CFS2 had a missile capability similar to the Strike Fighters series of programs. But given the age of the senior sim it is still very capable, and can give excellent results with the aircraft that can be flown within it.

Regards, Seagull V

I see I could use some help for this we do need to make something for modelers of this group to work with
    it might help the commnity with probulmes with modeling in gmax :P

CFS2 dose have alot of potential seeing they have the carrire elamant one guy made a crimson skies plane
    and it had a hook he was trying to use that hook to hook up with a zepplin style plane i thion FS2002 or FS2004
    he said it didn't work out too well I'm guessing it might in CFS2 seeing they have carrire set up I wonder
    if that works with a zepplin crimson skies is a WW2 like series only with pirites, zipplines as carrirers,
    and the air battle takes place in a alteante 1930s world it makes a good alteantenative set up for CFS2

LOL I think I'd like to try out making planes form shows like tale spin and swat cats
    no ones thought of really making those at all XD

BTW some one made some 3D models of the crimson skies planes
    on this site so far i can't get them i need permission to view attachments?

http://combatace.com/topic/46611-cri...kies-aircraft/

I just registered and but need the registration email :P I hope i can get them even if it's just two planes

TurboKat,Seaduck,star wars, and crimson sikes Ideas :P

I've been thinking making these set of planes in near feature :P

note this not my work but I aiming to make these planes as well too after I'm done with converting all the Il-2 planes

SwatKats
    TurboKat
    http://swatkats.info/3d/

tale spin
    Seaduck
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...hmentid=901301

crimson sikes
    planes
    http://www.microsoft.com/games/crims...s/default.aspx

and star wars it's kind of obvious what i aircraft I intend to make :P

but here are some blueprints

http://mitglied.multimania.de/STARWARS_Blueprints/

finaly got the Crimson skies models

i got the model (well it would of been two but one of the planes is doesn't work well) I wish it did but oh well anyway here it is

yeah funny that the most famous plane works XP I wish the other one did I guess I need 3ds max :P

P21-J MkIII Devastator

if any one want to skin it let me know I'll get picks for the schemes if you need any
    I'm thinking this model will be my first project seeing it will take a wail for the others to be built

if you want to make the skin like as one file and the internals as another one set I'll get data soon as possible

Nevermind i seem to have found a way to import the Fury as the call it

I'll try and get data tomorrow then it's late now to be looking for it cya guys

Crimson skies paint schemes

ok so i did some more research fund a page with PDF files of the skins well sort of it might help a bit

http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/crimsonskies.html

Exclamation JEDDragon is Back

well for a little wail :P

so far I've been out for to long time... I've even noticed that you made Crimson skies planes as well. XP

(funny as soon as I saw and DL-ed them I made some High Road to Revenge skins of the devastator )

also I found something out about CFS3 it's been a secret of main but time to let the cat out of the bag.

you see so far I tried out converting CFS2 stuff and so far I'm no good at it like you guys are. so far I gotten into an engine called Unreal
    there latest engine has made more possible for to make a game to my liking and I intend to sell it. I'm planing to raise money for it selling triple A FS quality models though everything will be made by me form scratch and so far
    I don't got any time to mod like I use too so on to my point. I have found out I can rip CFS3 models with ninja ripper and so far I have ripped them all Cockpits and everything (through the 3d viewer the only plane I had to get in game was the spitfire the camera views where bad :P )

here is a pic if you don't believe me

know I got them ripped in .RIP format but you could use program called Noesis and covert them to whatever you want.

note there are junk files of the scenery and like the image this dose not rip as a hole object it's in parts even so this my way I've keep up with what I promised somewhat. XP

http://www.mediafire.com/file/47061r...FS3_Planes.rar

if wanna know what ripper I got with ninja ripper 1.5.1 so far it it works in nvidea geforce cards and to get the model viewer to be opened with it use Arg box and type the same url that use to run it with the same command line in the old exe.
    also use the F1 key. By default it uses the F9 key and it crashes the game and you'll get nothing doing so use the F1 key.

so all well c'ya PS. you want the High Road to Revenge skins of the devastator I post them here as soon as possible. (need to finish the bottom wings :P)

Edit looks like I upped the wrong files and it's to big to attach here BRB
    edit2 fixed there got them all now
    Last edited by JEDDRAGON; November 18th, 2017 at 00:02.

Wow some one broke CFS3 even if partly!!!

I downloaded them and Noesis but all I get is "This file can not be previewed" What am I doing wrong?

It would help if they were in a format that ModelConverterX 1.3 could read like .DAE or .OBJ or .3ds that gMax can read. ModelConverterX is able to read most CFS2 to FSX .mdl files and convert them to 3ds that gMax can read so thye can be rebuilt and exported as a .MDL using the FS02,04 or FSX SDK.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Lightbulb

Crap sorry about that you need to get the latest version of that seeing I can't find it on the net but I got it.

Also I think Ninja ripper 1.5.1 might have a max script some where :P

but here it is a more up to date Noesis
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/zs99rz8d17tymdx/Noesis.rar

Now working. Sucks that models are cut up so badly. gMax is been left behind so it seem unlikely that a max script would work now like it did back than. It could be tried.

Lightbulb BTW

Note other games I noted to be rippable in ninja ripper 1.5.1

Crimsons skies:
    yeah but it potato chips the models (you probably have to inflate them if now what mean XP ) non the less it get everything you screen shoot somewhat at least the textures like the HUD and stuff could used to beef up your guys models :P

Warthunder:
    seems all right but the proportions get somewhat messed up in the model viewer

Warbirds dogfights:
    probably the only other game with a good rips and and models Il-2

Mechwarrior 4 vengeance and mercenaries:
    (note the orginal not the mektek version ) yeah I know but just putting it out there XP
    same prob Crimsons skies

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Now working. Sucks that models are cut up so badly. gMax is been left behind so it seem unlikely that a max script would work now like it did back than. It could be tried.
    well there is another program that can rip as a hole but it disproportions it a bit 3d ripper I could get you those

I have an gmax script of a OBJ importer it still it imports it into gmax so far.

it all files I could send them to you in gmax format instead :P

Some of the Crimsons skies models would be good just as template to build around. The Brigand and Balmoral are planes I want to do but never got around to. Brigand tur looks no fun to make and the whole Balmoral as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDDRAGON View Post
    well there is another program that can rip as a hole but it disproportions it a bit 3d ripper I could get you those

I have an gmax script of a OBJ importer it still it imports it into gmax so far.

it all files I could send them to you in gmax format instead :P
    Is the disproportions only a X,Y or Z disproportion? As long the model no bend, twist or tapper the disproportions may be able to be fixed. Also have the OBJ importer script. A OBJ importer/export script and Blender.

disproportions you could say it gets squished out of it's shape but fixable need to look at them seeing that was the old computer not sure about this one

BTW if you'r still willing to work with other files note all the parts are there it's just chop up and some what hard to see :P unless you mess with noesis a bit

it was the same joke with IL-2 and that ripped directly from a mesh viewer ether way I'll get this version then BRB

Looked at Noesis real quick. The squish could be unsquished the P-47D-25 or Ju88 would be a good test as we the gMax for them from the CFS3 SDK. If the squish is found uniform on the P-47D-25 and Ju88 that would lead me to believe the all CFS3 models would be squished the same percentage.

The gMax select and uniform scale than could be used to fix all CFS3 models before rebuild for CFS2,FS02/04 and FSX or export to another game.

EDIT:

While the spitfire is in gosh knows how many parts, each part has location saved. This means all you need to do is convert all of the .rip to .obj than import. It would take a train load of time but it is now possible to get CFS3 model!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CFS3 Spit.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	55798

well this could save time I looked in to them they seem can't tell if it the plane or me only thing is the junk scenery but it centers the plan in max so gmax might not have a prob just worn ya the files are heavy there also another format the can inmported as well but at least you get a more complete plane :P note if this are too messed up could use the first one then and ref these :P

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yjr252..._3d_ripper.rar

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Some of the Crimsons skies models would be good just as template to build around. The Brigand and Balmoral are planes I want to do but never got around to. Brigand tur looks no fun to make and the whole Balmoral as well.
    BTW I see I can get these. wail ninja ripper flattens and chops it these I have noted 3d ripper seems to get them hole but disproportion it is somewhat heavy is that all the planes or should get them all. though I noted not all of the plane is complete not sure now I also can get you cockpit instruments and I have screenshots of the blueprints :P

You can start CFS3 using -m3dview This will let you load models with out the scenery and pilot models. This in the line in my CFS3 shortcut. "C:\Combat Flight Simulator 3\cfs3.exe" -m3dview

It would help if I didn't have to deal with the CFS3 pilots with the old set up of having planes in many parts.

Looking at the new planes now....

Edit:
    The whole planes look to be useless as they are not placed in any uniform place or shape....

Edit2:
    Adding -m3dview to the Arg box will start CFS3 in m3d model view. I downloaded Ninja Ripper 1.6.4 and all I get is d3dcompiler_X3.dll load error install last DirectX error but it starts to load CFS3 in m3d model view.

Question

I did do that infarct I turned on the terrine to make easier to find it should be near the center
    of the grid it's at end of the trees seen there :P you sure you can't adjust that or is to mach like that I could cut in my 3ds max 9 send it to ya with zero junk might take me a bit

edit yeah I see now probably better off using the first batch and the second ones as reference any way :P let me know if you need anything more :P

sadly I can't get CS in them 3d ripper but so got all of them in the other ninja ripper I'll worn ya this are flat and shrapnel in nature.

PS: any sawtkat fans can use this I fund it at turbosquid get it in the attachment add the 3ds and max file plus textures

turbokat.zip

it says it's Royalty Free License- All Extended Uses

site
    https://www.turbosquid.com/FullPrevi....cfm/ID/380260

but at least you get something XP
    CrimsonSkies
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/phqb1u4dusmis4e/CrimsonSkies_Planes.rar

Last edited by JEDDRAGON; November 18th, 2017 at 16:48.

Will see what I can do. Think I will be AFI (Away from Internet) for all of the week but for phone. From CFS3 I think the only thing needed is really the B-26 unless some one wants objects.

Exclamation

I see I kinda was hoping to seem all converted maybe I'll someday i'd like to at least help in that but got other projects in mind right now :P at least if come back you give me some pointers on how make them for CFS2 XP

only prob I had with most was just getting the VCs to show up :P I got that buffalo mkI I was babbling about in MDL format any cya then :salute:

edit!!!:
    first let me Say Holy Crap if any one wants to complete the set to the Crimson skies with Crimson skies (Xbox) Crimson Skies High Road to Revenge

check this out
    https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17118

shoot xentax has done it again. XP

BTW if can't fire out quickbms stuff I could I have an iso of the game somewhere shoot good thing do come to all those who wait XD
    Last edited by JEDDRAGON; November 18th, 2017 at 20:38.

Lightbulb

well so far my work here is done then like I said above I'm off to make a game for sale and so far
    I don't got time only wanted to share that secret.

note as for the XBox game I did check it out it's in a format that only that guy can read.
    sadly I think xentax it's the kind of guys that like to keep secrets to them selves (still wouldn't hurt if guys asked him) but that quickbms file can extract the files form the iso
    just read the page it gives clues for any of guys who are good at this stuff how to do it.

so I done my good deed for today. cya!! :salute:

I like your enthusiasm. What like about this Sim most is that it represents world war two on its totality. Do not forget the Pacific Theater and Asia. Its a greats Sim on its own right.More power to you. I cannot help you much since I am sick right now.But I wish you the best.