MiG-29 For FSX?

Thread: MiG-29 For FSX?

MiG-29 For FSX?

Does anybody know of a good freeware or payware MiG-29 for FSX? It's my favorite fighter jet. Period. :mixedsmi:

Many thanks,

Walter

Not yet, Mike from Lotussim is working on one though:
    http://www.lotussim.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=445
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Take a look at http://www.afs-design.de/. I have the Mig29 and it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Not yet, Mike from Lotussim is working on one though:
    http://www.lotussim.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=445
    That project is on hold, could be a permanent hold. So I wouldn't hold your breath...

Blog Entries
    I don't know about the AFS Mig - but the former payware (now freeware) Iris model is in my view, the one to go with. Danny Garnier did a great FSX upgrade for it - search on Simviation. Some fantastic repaints, highly detailed - lovely model. There is a really nice USMC Aggressor livery for it, I believe on Flightsim.

It's on my "list" of models to do a gauge update on - I don't like the American gauges that Danny Garnier used, and plan to substitute at least the core flying gauges to Cyrillic gauges - that'll be a few months away, I'd say.

Thread on this model is here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...hlight=fulcrum

A few unresolved issues, but nothing major. This is the one I'd go with.

dl

Thanks people! I have the IRIS one, but I was hoping for a different one. I'll have to look at the Lotus one... Now registering...

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    This is the one I have and the MiG I fly the most by a long shot. It really gives a sense of acceleration, more so than any other of the dozens and dozens of other jets I have.
    Mike Mann

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    Default gauges in the cockpit, fuzzy and weird aligned textures, wheel bays not even modelled in 3D from the look of the screenshots..? (Not to mention that the ockpit is way too wide!)

Looks like the upgraded FREE Iris MiG-29 is a much better choice for now!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

In the SOH library there is some fresh repaints by L'iguane for the Iris Mig-29. He's very talented! Here's a sample he posted in the FS9 forum:

L'iguane uses the old Iris FS9 Mig-29A model, now freeware, but with little or no changes, his repaints work fine with the P3DV4 conversion made in 2018 by IS4G Design Workshop.

The virtual cockpit is a bit disapointing thou. Iris released its Mig way back in 2005, and back then this VC was quite ok. But since the IS4G P3D version is actually a regular FSX native model, you can try to merge the exterior Mig-29 with another VC of your choice (Mark Harper's Su-27 VC could be an option...). This will keep you busy, in case you're suffering from cabin fever...

There is of course the Freestylestd MiG-29. Native FSX/P3D and has a more than decent VC!

https://secure.simmarket.com/flyfree...tion-fsx.phtml

And very reasonably priced!

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    There is of course the Freestylestd MiG-29. Native FSX/P3D and has a more than decent VC!

Priller
    I have their SU-33 and it is a decent sim.

Some FlyFreeStd aircrafts are currently on sale at Simmarket, listed around 12 Euros only. Then I'm hesitating.

The only Russian payware planes I had were the various Sukhoi made by BearStudios. The models were nice but unfortunately their HUD is not collimated, which is very disturbing in VR.
    Now I see that the recent models by FlyFreeStd seem to have:
    - quite nice exterior models
    - frankly impressive virtual cockpits (unlike their earlier productions, the recents ones look REALLY good inside)
    - collimated HUDs

So I'm wondering about their realism ? I understood I shouldn't expect any working weapon (they don't use TacPack), but at least a weapon loader is available.
    What about the avionics and flight model realism ?

The repaints made by L'Iguane are absolute work of art. But that plane by IRIS is an FS9 model, it cannot be used in P3D (and anyways it wouldn't work).

Sorry, many questions at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Some FlyFreeStd aircrafts are currently on sale at Simmarket, listed around 12 Euros only. Then I'm hesitating.

The only Russian payware planes I had were the various Sukhoi made by BearStudios. The models were nice but unfortunately their HUD is not collimated, which is very disturbing in VR.
    Now I see that the recent models by FlyFreeStd seem to have:
    - quite nice exterior models
    - frankly impressive virtual cockpits (unlike their earlier productions, the recents ones look REALLY good inside)
    - collimated HUDs

So I'm wondering about their realism ? I understood I shouldn't expect any working weapon (they don't use TacPack), but at least a weapon loader is available.
    What about the avionics and flight model realism ?

The repaints made by L'Iguane are absolute work of art. But that plane by IRIS is an FS9 model, it cannot be used in P3D (and anyways it wouldn't work).

Sorry, many questions at once...
    I own these and realism wise, the flight model could use some work. It isn't nearly as agile as the real thing. Some FDE guru could with help that. And no, no working weapons, although there are people here who could "Tacpack" it. Avionics are quite nice.

And there are quite a few nice repaints available for it on VGAF.

Cheers,

Priller

Thanks Priller !
    I will buy the Mig-29 early variant and the Su-33. I needed some new jets to enjoy low altitude flights in VR. I cannot resist the VC screenshots and the price.

https://secure.simmarket.com/flyfree...ion-p3d4.phtml
    https://secure.simmarket.com/flyfree...ers-p3d4.phtml

25 euros in total. I had sworn I wouldn't buy any addons for P3D anymore until MSFS would be available...
    I mean, look at that:

Su33:

Mig29:

So, as I wrote earlier in this topic, I couldn't resist buying the Mig29 first generation and the Su-33 Flanker for P3Dv4 from FlyFreeStd, both currently at 12,5 euros thanks to sales at SimMarket.

As Priller stated, the flight model of the Su-33 is definitely low quality. The plane can't even perform a cobra correctly.
    Additionnaly, despite the very high quality 3D modeling of the virtual cockpit, 80% of the switches are pure eye-candy and not clickable at all.
    The aircraft system are close to nothing. Batteries, lights, and that's it.
    Ah well, at least it looks good.

I haven't tried the Mig-29 yet but surely it's the same level.
    12 euros for this planes is still too expensive to be honest. I do not recommend buying this, excepted for the simmers who do not care about realism, like the CTRL+E fans for example. If you just want screenshot material, you can buy these.
    If you're looking for anything serious, just ignore these.

(before anybody comes and tell how much DCS is the best choice for military planes => I do not care about DCS. That sim cannot provide what I'm looking for).

So, as I wrote earlier in this topic, I couldn't resist buying the Mig29 first generation and the Su-33 Flanker for P3Dv4 from FlyFreeStd, both currently at 12,5 euros thanks to sales at SimMarket.

As Priller stated, the flight model of the Su-33 is definitely low quality. The plane can't even perform a cobra correctly.
    Additionnaly, despite the very high quality 3D modeling of the virtual cockpit, 80% of the switches are pure eye-candy and not clickable at all.

12 euros for this planes is still too expensive to be honest. I do not recommend buying this, excepted for the simmers who do not care about realism, like the CTRL+E fans for example. If you just want screenshot material, you can buy these.

(before anybody comes and tell how much DCS is the best choice for military planes => I do not care about DCS. That sim cannot provide what I'm looking for).
    well the mig 25 first gen is exactly the same and with a 2 seater model, however its a native thats what its going for it.

Hey Daube,

Sorry, I wasn't clear: I was talking about the MiG-29 (early model, two seater and the naval K model)

And I beg to differ about the pricing for these models. They are not study level models, but they are nice and only need an updated FDE.

But I do agree with you on DCS!!

Priller

Now if some of the resident FDE guru's would take a look at the MiG's, that would be brilliant!

Priller

If anyone is still interested, the FlyFreeStd aircraft mentioned above are on sale at 60% off through the 20th.

https://secure.simmarket.com/flyfreestd.mhtml

Yes! Freestylestd MiG-29!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    If anyone is still interested, the FlyFreeStd aircraft mentioned above are on sale at 60% off through the 20th.

https://secure.simmarket.com/flyfreestd.mhtml

thanks for the HU I have completed my Mig 29 Collection with Next Generations yesterday but could not resist do get their General Atomics "Predator B" MQ-9 Reaper drone

Members who have read this thread: 3