Sanicole Airshow

Thread: Sanicole Airshow

Sanicole Airshow

This sunday the Sanicole airshow takes place in Belgium, it´s just about 50miles from my new home in Aachen, so I´m thinking about going there, could be pretty interesting, not to many Warbirds listed, but some interesting jets and military shows as well as helicopter shows and aerobatics. But it´s 25€ for one day, so I´m not yet sure (started studying this month, so money is tight). Has anyone been there in the past years? Or does anybody from here plan to go there? Allready was at Hahnweide early this month, was great there, if anyone is interested I could share some pics... It´s not everyday that you see a Me262 / Me109 formation....

Here is a link to the page of the show at Sanicole
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

I attended last year's edition: the Sanicole Airshow is always a rather good one, even though it has its own drawbacks. The organising venue is the Beverlo airstrip (EBLE) which is only large enough to host some of the smaller types (AN-2, Boeing Stearman, etc...) - most of the types displaying at the airshow take-off out of the nearby Kleine Brogel airbase, so there's no real static line to speak of.

That said, the display usually more than makes up for this. Included are some of my pictures of last year (I missed the Hunter display... )

Sea King - did a most impressive simulated Search and Rescue. The poor volunteer 'rescuée' was wearing swimming shorts, while most of the public had their coats out - bit chilly, and he had to cope with propwash too...!! ;p

The Breitling Jet Team, which did an impressive display...

The Skyhawks had to cope with some strong gusts, which rather unfortunately threw their display into disarray...

At least Sally B brought along the sun...

Also a very impressive Yak display...

Not to mention the display by the Red Bull Cobra...

... Or the Breitling Wing-walkers displaying the new Ryanair seating arrangement. ;p

Of course, this year has a different line-up. But at least this gives you an idea of what to expect...

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.