MDL File Viewer

Thread: MDL File Viewer

Question MDL File Viewer

FSX MDL File Viewer
    Version 1.0.2 - September 2010

There is an updated version?

150°

Try out Arno's marvelous ModelConverterX:
    ModelConverterX is a tool that allows you to convert objects between different formats. For example from SCASM API or COLLADA DAE to FSX MDL object. The tool can also be used as a model viewer and to do simple editing on objects.
    http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/dow...?do=file&id=83

Arno is continuously updating this veritable Swiss Army Knife utility. It is now capable of reading FS2002, FS2004 and FSX models, displaying liveries in hi-res, convert to multiple formats, etc.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Try out Arno's marvelous ModelConverterX:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/dow...?do=file&id=83

Arno is continuously updating this veritable Swiss Army Knife utility. It is now capable of reading FS2002, FS2004 and FSX models, displaying liveries in hi-res, convert to multiple formats, etc.
    +100

I could not make any of the few things I've made for FSX without this marvellous tool. Btw I have to go check for any recent updates.

Is there anything like a support forum for ModelConverterX ?

I looked for one but didn't see it.

My development computer got hit with a virus a few months back. The local computer repair shop wiped the HD clean and re-installed WindowsXP with SP2. I've tried to run ModelConverterX, and all I get is an error window saying "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click OK to terminate the application"

I can run ModelConverterX on my Win7 laptop, but when I load a MDL file, the model is displayed as a jumbled mass of parts.

I'm sure it's just a misplaced file or unchecked box in some option setting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X_eidos2 View Post
    Is there anything like a support forum for ModelConverterX ?

I looked for one but didn't see it.

My development computer got hit with a virus a few months back. The local computer repair shop wiped the HD clean and re-installed WindowsXP with SP2. I've tried to run ModelConverterX, and all I get is an error window saying "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click OK to terminate the application"

I can run ModelConverterX on my Win7 laptop, but when I load a MDL file, the model is displayed as a jumbled mass of parts.

I'm sure it's just a misplaced file or unchecked box in some option setting.

Thanks
    The main reasons for MCX not running are not having the proper .NET framework installed and / or misconfigurations in the setup (but that only impacts certain functions, the program should start nevertheless).
    You might want to check this thread:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18940

Cheers,
    Mark

I went to the link supplied by DaveWG and the first thing I saw was the "prerequisites" section and I saw the NET framework. Since the hard drive had been wiped clean during the restoration process, I figured there was a good chance the files had been removed. Fortunately a handy link to the NET framework file was provided. Once installed, ModelConverterX worked fine, just like roger-wilco-66 suggested

The Swiss Amy Knife comparison for MCX is very appropriate, it does a lotta stuff. In lieu of a FSX update to the old Aircraft Container Manager, it's nice to have a program that allows you to see wireframes, part colors and applied textures and also have a grid for measuring.