Sibwings bird dog

Thread: Sibwings bird dog

Sibwings bird dog

Anyone flying this model? they also updated it I see.

Yes..great model and one my favourites. The update was a while ago wasnt it? There was one update updating the FDE and another adding the amphibian

Great plane, love their Safir too!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    ... yes, one of the most impressive ( visually ) V.C.'s ever...IMHO!

I have the Safir and Birddog. Both vc's make you feel like you are "there." Highly recommended. :d

Darrell

There is a wide variety of opinions about this plane.
    This aircraft in the latest version V 1.2 (FDE modification done by Alexander Metzger) is well done so far.
    A bit tricky here and there but generally no problem to fly her. Although there are still some technical problems one can use her for backcountry flying under VFR conditions.
    Problems not solved:
    You cannot fly an ILS approach (F-model):
    During ILS approaches the aircraft is always positioned to the right of the LOC when the needle iscentered (different airports).
    There is no "TO/FROM" indication on the instrument.

Fuel Select Valve problem:
    Fuel Selector Valve in position MAIN TANK should allow fuel flow from the left tank and in position AUX Tank from the right tank.
    Fact is that fuel is taken contrariwise i.e., position "MAIN" empties right tank, "AUX" empties left tank.

(But these "problems" doesn't seem to be so for every user i.e., it depends if you are just a "ctrl+F4/ctrl+E user" or if you are more interested in realistic flying)

Conclusion: For 25 Euros you get 6 different models useable for bushflying, excellent VC, great textures
    - A, -E, -F
    - ski, - float, - amphibian
    Many different paintings are offered.

You get help in the SibWing forum for installation problems, but both planes (Bird Dog and Safir) doesn't seem to be subject of improvement any longer. Questions about this are not answered anymore in the forum:

Bird Dog Posting:
    http://forum.sibwings.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=955
    Never answered

Safir posting:
    http://forum.sibwings.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=905
    Wrong rudder effectiveness never corrected
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

It is a very realistic and pleasant model to fly. If you love GA, and especially taildraggers, it's a must have
    Philippe
    Student Pilot

Charter Member 2012
    Yes - i liked it but prefer to fly something form the Fight Replica's cub range of aircraft. I can't really explain why I dont fly the bird dog more.

Haven't got the Bird Dog, it looks like a nice airplane, but I just seem to already have a hanger full of airplanes that already satisfy that genre of tandem seat high wing taildraggers. The A2A Cub and RA Scout 'do it' for me. Everyone's got their own, thats the beauty of this hobby, so many choices for everyone's tastes.
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 1