CFS3 CD problem

Thread: CFS3 CD problem

Charter Member 2015

CFS3 CD problem

Hello,
    I know this can the wrong place to ask these question, but I know that there are many "gurus" on this site.

I had to reinstall from scratch me Win7 X64 system and now when I place my CFS3 CD in the reader
    1/ there is not popup to start the setup , only to see what is available on the CD . I have checked the "autoplay" , it seams correct to me.
    2/ When I request the "see" what is on the CD , all seams OK except that my CD DVD reader runs all the time
    3/ When I select the "setup.exe" nothing happens except the CD equipment runs ..
    4/ I cannot copy the files from the CD to a HD..

Any suggestions

BTW I can read other CDs on the equipment.
    Thanks in advance.
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

I'm not a guru by any stretch....

And I could be wrong on this, but I had a similar problem when I upgraded from FS2002 to FS2004. While my first 3 CDs were fine, disk 4 was corrupt, so I couldn't finish the install, nor copy the files onto my hard drive. I don't know if that is your problem, but it could be. I'll have to take a look at my CD1, and get back to you.

I just checked, and I can copy files off of disk 1 just fine. Have you tried cleaning CD1 to see if that improves anything?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by P51FAN View Post
    I just checked, and I can copy files off of disk 1 just fine. Have you tried cleaning CD1 to see if that improves anything?

You do have clean em every once and awhile, same thing with DVDs, thought I lost a good movie, cleaned er up, plays like new now.:salute:
    CHEERS

"Molon Labe"
    An Obama-nation of what used to be the USA
    Emile,
    Just a few very basic ideas:

Make sure that you are logged-in as Administrator, or your User-account has Full-Admin Rights/Privileges.

Also, under the 'User Accounts' tab in Control Panel, I have set my User Accounts Control Settings slider set to "Never Notify". Beware, however, this may leave you vulnerable to malicious code and requires a good anti-virus/firewall product.

Best regards,

Barnstorm
    "Here I stand. I can do no other. God help Me. Amen".

Martin Luther, Diet of Worms, 1521.

System:
    i7 Intel Core 860 Quad 2.8 GHz
    ASUS P7P55D MOBO

ATI Radeon 5850 1GB Video Card
    8 GB DDR3 System RAM PC3-10666 (1333 MHZ) 2x4 GB Mushkin modules
    Corsair 750W ATX PS, 140 mm Fan
    Seagate 1 TB HD x3, RAID 5
    Windows 7-64bit Professional
    24" ASUS HDMI monitor @ 1920x1080

Charter Member 2015

Unhappy

Hello, After cleaning the CD it's the same problem. I cannot read the CD.
    I have ordered a new one on eBay...waiting for delivery..
    While waiting I will try to reload from my backups copies and see.
    Thanks for your help
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

Charter Member 2015

SOLVED

Hi,
    Using my backups all are solved and "flying" : Cfs3, BoB, MAW, Korea, PTO and ETO.

there it is...........QED...backup, backup, backup.....glad you got it sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Hello, After cleaning the CD it's the same problem. I cannot read the CD.
    I have ordered a new one on eBay...waiting for delivery..
    While waiting I will try to reload from my backups copies and see.
    Thanks for your help
    If you like CFS3 I suggest you get the UbiSoft DVD version. It is a multi language version that has no copy protection at all. So you can just backup your language bit from the DVD anywhere and it will install.

It is really worth the trouble to find.

Regards Markl

Members who have read this thread: 0