Uninstall/Reinstall woes

Thread: Uninstall/Reinstall woes

Uninstall/Reinstall woes

I began the tedious process of uninstalling all of my FSX files so I could do a clean reinstall.

The problem is I uninstalled Acceleration, saw there was still 1.6gb of data on the HDD, so formatted the drive without realizing it first uninstalls Acceleration, then you must repeat the proces for FSX. I deleted all other files associated with FSX but cannot find it in my registry so as to delete it out.

Here's a copy of the Error message:

Error Number 0x80040702
    Description failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallhelper

Anyway, I couldn't get the Flight1 tool to help me and am looking for anyone to help me thoroughly root out the remaining FSX registry so I can re-install.

Thanks,
    Matt

Well, just conducted a repair and uninstalled the reinstalled files. What a pain in the arse.......

Anyway, now onto installing on my new and bigger Velociraptor HDD.

Matt

Same situation I think. I would love to know how you resolved this. You mentioned that you performed a "repair", you mean the repair via FSX disk? Tried that. No such luck.

Blog Entries
    Even though its a pain in the ARSE......
    The only way I have found is to do your repair and repair acceleration as well....
    I have had the problem where I could not do this, and had to do a clean install of both FSX and Acceleration....
    What I found is that if I keep a copy of my scenery files ( Addon scenery file, scenery file and texture file.) as well as Effects, gauges, SIM-OBJECTS, as well as anything that goes with your addons....DONT FORGET YOUR APPLICATIONS.....ALL the crap that's not in a folder.....
    With a little time, its the best way I found.....
    Make sure you DO NOT DELETE saved flights etc....This will help keep FSX where you had it before doing the clean up, Repair or reinstall.......( For some reason, when you say yes to deleting the saved flights, it also will deletes the scenery list. of your addon scenery....) Saying NO keeps the list intact....

NOTE:...When you do your scenery, move everything in stages ( 20 or 25 files at a time..)....this way everything will reload.....And activate each time you load files.....

I found that when I do this and then defrag and do a disc cleanup, it speeds up the system as well....

What a pain this is, but it works.....For me anyways....