I'd love to see a nice Beech Starship
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'd love to see a nice Beech Starship

members+
    Fighter Fanatic

I'd love to see a nice Beech Starship

One of my favorite planes... ever... :d Such a cool ship, that just didn't make it. Fast, easy to control engine out, and just sexy as hell.

Has there been anything out there for FSX in this regard? Thanks
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10
    Dedicated SSD for FSX:SE

Not that I'm aware of. I've been looking for one for as long as I've had FSX. I would love to see a Carenado/Eaglesoft/Piglet/Lionheart-quality Starship!
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

I would settle even for just a native FSX B200 King Air - which is what all Starship owners were given by Raytheon when the FAA withdrew its certifcation.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

ISDT has a native Beech 200 although it's just the exterior model so I have the default 350 VC aliased to it. <s>The annoying part is their website is being rebuilt so you will have to try elsewhere if you want it now. http://isdt-israel.com/</s>

http://isdt-israel.com/projects/projects.htm

I know of two different versions in the "WIP" stage, but both must've died the "lost interest" death.

Blog Entries
    They did.. Unfortunately..
    I've also been wanting a starship since i first got fs9 back in 2004. There have been a couple of things that were done for fs9 but neither of them were of usable quality. I've personally given up looking. Its really kinda sad..

I'm not so certain about the FAA having withdrawn its certification though, as after Beech stopped producing them one gentleman in southern california bought up all remaining starships and replacement parts ( 14 truck loads worth ) and went on to become the chase plane for Dick Rutans Starship-1. He still flys it to this day..

Dave Nunez of FSDSXTweak fame has been working on a native Starship since before time. He reports on it once in a while in the FFDS forum. It looks good but probably will be one of those projects that is never finished. (I should talk, I have about 7 of those hanging around).

Paul

Slightly OT but still Beechcraft, has there ever been a Duchess or Queen for MSFS? I don't recall ever seeing them, and there being a profusion of Barons, Kings and Dukes, then logic would attest to the fact we are a very sexist bunch. lol
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Slightly OT but still Beechcraft, has there ever been a Duchess or Queen for MSFS? I don't recall ever seeing them, and there being a profusion of Barons, Kings and Dukes, then logic would attest to the fact we are a very sexist bunch. lol
    http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=388

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    On sale
    http://www.pcaviator.com/store/produ...cat=652&page=1

This is the Flying Club 2 which includes the Dutchess for $9.95

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    They did.. Unfortunately..
    I've also been wanting a starship since i first got fs9 back in 2004. There have been a couple of things that were done for fs9 but neither of them were of usable quality. I've personally given up looking. Its really kinda sad..

I'm not so certain about the FAA having withdrawn its certification though, as after Beech stopped producing them one gentleman in southern california bought up all remaining starships and replacement parts ( 14 truck loads worth ) and went on to become the chase plane for Dick Rutans Starship-1. He still flys it to this day..
    As detailed in the History Channel's "Boneyard" special. A 2-hour program that was both interesting and depressing at the same time....still enjoy watching it though.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Hmmm, never been much enamoured by JF a/c, I could of course be wrong as I invariably am according to she who must be obeyed. I'd love for Carenado or RealAir to try these though or a talented f/w artiste Piglet maybe.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

The JF Duchess is a very nice rendition, but overlooked by the community.
    Anneke

I just saw a nice Starship at the Gary-Chicago airport. I was there to watch the planes come and go for the Chicago Air & Water Show. It was the highlight of the show for me, as that's the only time I've seen one flying. My friends there were asking, "What the hell is that?"

I was wondering if it was Rutan making a refueling stop on a cross country. It was a refueling stop, as it landed, fueled up then departed about half an hour to 45 minutes later, I just don't know whose Starship it is; But I thought the Rutan one was the only one left.

It would be nice to have one for FSX.

Mike Stone put one together way back in the day. I don't know if it'd work in FSX, but I'm sure someone would be willing to give it a try. www.pmstone.com

The idea of a Tim Conrad Starship does sound very appetizing and right up his alley.

Once had to repair a Dutchess that folded up its left gear on landing.
    Couldn't stop singing to myself "Crash the Dutchess on the Left Hand Side"..
    Yeah, A Piglet Starship MAY be had one day. You know, that "list" thing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

I'm not so certain about the FAA having withdrawn its certification
    You are right and I stand corrected. Beech apparently withdrew support due to poor sales in a difficult economy and offered the owners a new B200 as a ($5m) goodwill gesture. Considering the $300m development costs, Beech is lucky to still be around, albeit in the ownership of Raytheon. Have read further that as of Jan 2010 there were nine a/c with active FAA registrations.

Some stuff on Dave Nunez's (seemingly stalled) WIP

http://davenunez.wordpress.com/category/starship/
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    You are right and I stand corrected. Beech apparently withdrew support due to poor sales in a difficult economy and offered the owners a new B200 as a ($5m) goodwill gesture. Considering the $300m development costs, Beech is lucky to still be around, albeit in the ownership of Raytheon. Have read further that as of Jan 2010 there were nine a/c with active FAA registrations.

Some stuff on Dave Nunez's (seemingly stalled) WIP

http://davenunez.wordpress.com/category/starship/
    OK, thanks, now I know there are nine. I wish I would have got the number of the one I saw at the airport. I was too busy enjoying it and my camera broke about three weeks ago, so I didn't get any pics either.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    You are right and I stand corrected. Beech apparently withdrew support due to poor sales in a difficult economy and offered the owners a new B200 as a ($5m) goodwill gesture. Considering the $300m development costs, Beech is lucky to still be around, albeit in the ownership of Raytheon.
    You're not kidding. I used to work for a Beech distributor. I'm amazed that you can have such a screwed up company and still be in business. At one point, I had a meeting with a VP for Beech. I gave him a 13 page report of how bad their support of us was. Of course, he looked at it, kissed my posterior and I'm sure he threw it in the trash on his way out the door.

We maintained one Starship. It was the coolest airplane and always attracted an audience when it landed.

Blog Entries
    Well, ok.. Here's the deal. i really want this plane, like three years ago, so heres what i'm willing to do. For any developer willing to build or finish a starship for fsx, i will build a custom, detailed ( as in as thorough as the P-61s fde ) Flight model for it. i mean really. C'mon.. The Convair 201, the A-7s, The F-22, A-10, F-14 ( Iris ), Pasped, Goose : i mean, how many of these things do you have to buy before i figure out you like my work??.. If someone who knows mr nunez could contact him and extend my offer to him I'd be grateful ( as i cant find a way to contact him myself )..

Pam

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Well, ok.. Here's the deal. i really want this plane, like three years ago, so heres what i'm willing to do. For any developer willing to build or finish a starship for fsx, i will build a custom, detailed ( as in as thorough as the P-61s fde ) Flight model for it. i mean really. C'mon.. The Convair 201, the A-7s, The F-22, A-10, F-14 ( Iris ), Pasped, Goose : i mean, how many of these things do you have to buy before i figure out you like my work??.. If someone who knows mr nunez could contact him and extend my offer to him I'd be grateful ( as i cant find a way to contact him myself )..
    If you want to do a good deed, you could flight model up my Do-328. It looks cool, too! :P

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    Oh, Piglet... What would I have to do for you to skip the Starship to the top of the list?? I'd love a Piglet quality Starship.

Just sayin' :ernae:
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10
    Dedicated SSD for FSX:SE

Maybe if we all asked him REALLLLLY nice he would consider that request. Still one of my all time favorites.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Scrofa & B200

Quote Originally Posted by simkid22 View Post
    ISDT has a native Beech 200 although it's just the exterior model so I have the default 350 VC aliased to it
    Yes indeed the ISDT King Air B200 is very nice! Thanks for the tip...

Attachment 47464 Attachment 47465 Attachment 47513

Tim Conrad's Scrofa SS-4P is FSX native and just wonderful...

Attachment 47466 Attachment 47467

Yes I know this is not what you're looking for... Here is some pictures for those like me who didn't know what a Starship is...

Attachment 47468
    Attachment 47469

So a Starship is a just a B200 flying in the wrong direction...

Quote Originally Posted by PilatusTurbo View Post
    Oh, Piglet... What would I have to do for you to skip the Starship to the top of the list??
    Quote Originally Posted by dharris View Post
    Maybe if we all asked him REALLLLLY nice he would consider that request. Still one of my all time favorites.
    A donation in the "several thousand Dollar" range might do, I guess.

Members who have read this thread: 0