luthier

Hi everyone,

Sorry for making you wait for an update. Here it is!

We’ve been working very hard on multiple aspects of the game. We are pushing with all our might to have the beta version of the upcoming patch ready… Well, sooner than you might think! If nothing goes wrong, it might even be out this very Friday.

As stated earlier, it’ll contain a beta version of the completely new sound (fewer individual engine models, sparse ambience), revamped color processing algorithms, transparent shorelines, and numerous fixes and improvements. It’ll also contain the Bf-109E-4 and E-4/B and at least one new mid-size online map.

Following that, we have other things in the works. We are finally ready to start knocking out SDKs, with the map making SDK being the first one you’ll see – quite soon, too! We’ll release more details on that, and on the plane-making SDK, after the upcoming beta patch is fully tested and goes live.

We also have a rather cool new major feature almost ready. It’s not going to make this patch. In order to keep the competitors squirming, we won’t say what it is until we’re ready to release it.

With that, here’s a short video showcasing the new WIP sound. It’s recorded on a deprecated version of the patch, after which we’ve toned down the ocean colors and filled in the sounds. The biggest omission is the turbine whine of the Daimler-Benz. Don’t worry, you’ll hear it in the actual patch.

(I didn’t want to make an update without the video, and by the time I finally captured and spliced it together, the game version advanced way ahead. And by the time I make a new video of the sound as it is today, you’ll all be playing it yourselves!)