The Pacific will air in Sept

Thread: The Pacific will air in Sept

The Pacific will air in Sept

I really wanted to see this and I am not going to miss it this time, the wife just caught a promo for the Pacific (the follow-up to The Band of Brothers) the movie done by Spieberg and Hanks about the battle in the Pacific. Everything I have heard about it was excellent so I will be recording it this time.

I didn't see the promo but the Mrs said History Television Sept 9th is the first part, I will check the guide on my system tomorrow and see if I can confirm that.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Hmph, I don't have cable anymore. Oh well...

its available from netflix, not streaming though

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Hmph, I don't have cable anymore. Oh well...
    The wife said it would be on History Television on Sept 9th, I do not see it listed on their website yet, but my cable guide should have it listed this week, I will be watching and post as soon as I have the exact time and other details.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Gig, you won't be disappointed. I've been watching The Pacific on DVD via Netflix, alternating the series episodes with my regular selection of movies. It's not like Band of Brothers in that only the three main characters - John Basilone, Eugene Sledge, and Robert Leckie - are developed in the series to where you really get to know them. Everybody else just kinda comes and goes. Overall it's been good viewing and the combat scenes are hard core, graphic to the point where I'm not sure I'd want my dad or grandpa to see them if they were Pacific War vets. If you weren't shell-shocked in the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan you'll be OK.

Hi guys, we were lucky enough to have it aired on free-to-air a while back over here in Oz. Excellent combat footage which doesn't pull punches, so not for the squeamish at times. I enjoyed it as much as Band of Brothers (bought the dvd box set for both) and would definitely recommend it if you're into combat movies.

Im 4 episodes in and while the combat scenes are really good its not BOB by any means. Having a hard time connecting with the main characters, episodes 1 and 2 were good, episode 3 is basically a chick flick and episode 4 just left me wondering what that was about. Seems they skim over the top while alluding to being deep.

Things start to get nasty with the Peleliu invasion in episode 5. Max ordnance and blood spatter. No more Australian girlfriends but plenty of tenacious Japanese soldiers. I just watched the final two episodes earlier this week. Very nice series but unlike Band of Brothers it didn't leave me wanting to watch it again.

Ok Tarps, you nailed it, disc 3 "Peleliu Landing" and "Peleliu Airfield." is great, disc 4 episode "Peleliu Hills" had two, actually three of the best scenes in any movie Ive seen.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Not a bad series, but no Band of Brothers!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.