Thrustmaster MFD's ?

Thread: Thrustmaster MFD's ?

Thrustmaster MFD's ?

Does any one use these, and if so how do you like them? I am seriously thinking of getting them. I know they are more for combat planes, but the do have a FSX use as well. Thanks for any input.

I am curious myself, the reviews I have read have been mixed some loved them some well not so much. The only real negitive I have been able to find was the software would not allow you to reassign the keys, you were stuck with the provided profiles - there are FS9 & FSX profiles included. Personally my thought is they look like a very good buy, I am not too concerened by the profile editing, I would expect it will be customizable via software update - if it has not been already.

I am building a console now and I have left space for a set, it is just a matter of time before I take the plunge, my spending on Flight Sim gagets always goes up in the fall...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

I have looked at many reviews about them. The one thing that seems to be a con is there is no direct programming of the buttons through Thrustmaster software. It seems that the program you are using must except inputs for the buttons to work. That is not a problem with most flight sims, as they will allow you to program buttons presses. They do look nice, and for most modern combat sims they should work great. Price is not to bad, within reason.

I have both the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog and the MFDs and have no problem in programming any key combination I wish using the latest Thrustmaster Target GUI sw.

So for FSX, basically what you get with the MFDs are 48 sw-programmable keys.

Cheers.

Videre Vincere Est

Icon5

They are just a frame with programmable buttons and a static image of a screen, right?
    In that case i might advise the Saitek LCD-MFD's described here:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...533#post616533

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA