Virtavia Phantom Paint Kits

Thread: Virtavia Phantom Paint Kits

Virtavia Phantom Paint Kits

Hello. I recently downloaded all three Phantom packs and their respective paint kits from Virtavia's freeware pages. The first kit is in PSD format, the second in PSD and PSP, and the third is in PSP only. Ouch. Before I bought the new computer with Windows 7 64-bit, GIMP would open PSP files. It's not working anymore, at least with these files, no matter the compatibility setting. Is there any way to convert the PSP files to PSD or another layered format? Paint.net still works with PSD's. Thanks.

Pat

I have PSP, and can resave the files as .psd ones; it will take me a while to do it though but, unless anybody else has another solution, I'm happy to crack on.
    Andy

Thanks, Andy. That was my first thought, and I searched around to see if anyone had converted them already. But I really hate asking anyone to convert them just for my awful attempts at painting, and am also a little concerned about copyright issues with that solution.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by patful View Post
    But I really hate asking anyone to convert them just for my awful attempts at painting, and am also a little concerned about copyright issues with that solution.
    Don't bother at all!
    Thanks to Paint Shop Pro's great batch conversion tool, it was just a matter of a few clicks to turn the pack 3 RF psp-files to psd. Can't see any legal issues with it.
    You have a PM, mate!

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The "Gimp" will open the PSD files.
    but i never have been able to open PSP files with it.
    JohnH_049

Thanks again for your generous offer, Andy, and thanks Markus for my new paint kit. I can't wait to get started!

John, I just assumed GIMP wouldn't work with the PSD's on the 64-bit machine, but you're right, it does. I'm glad you told me, I was ready to remove the program from my hard drive.

Pat

And thanks Markus for the pointer to the batch conversion tool; I prefer to use Photoshop, but also had PSP for work purposes - I've now converted the kit to .psd for my own uses as well.:salute:
    Andy

Unhappy

Just a humorous note on my wonderful new Windows 7 experience: I walked away from the computer for an hour, came back, and many of my most-used desktop icons were gone. It seems that Task Scheduler ran a diagnosis while I was away, and it decided that I no longer needed them. Missing my old reliable XP already. Thanks again, all.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    And thanks Markus for the pointer to the batch conversion tool;
    Glad I could help, mate!
    Since PSP has developed to such a great graphic editor, it's quite easy to forget it once started as a pure conversion tool for various graphic formats.

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 3