EE Canberra: Master of Tasks pack WIP
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EE Canberra: Master of Tasks pack WIP

Blog Entries

EE Canberra: Master of Tasks pack WIP

Hello all,

Following the release of the B-57A pack, I'm now moving on to the final (yes, I promise) pack of the bubble canopy series, known at the mo as 'Master of Tasks'. This will give you an indication of the types to be seen - think test beds, one-off specials and other odd nose job variants. The Royal Navy trainer T.22 will feature in this pack as well. Quite cool stuff in my opinion, and this will be the pack that at long last features WT333, from which the sounds were recorded for all the packs.

So, here are a few snaps to show you progress so far:

B.6 clear air turbulence mod XH568 (I've been dying to make this one):

B.6 (mod) WT333:

B.6 (mod) with ECM 'dustbin' WT305 (This has special duties written all over it, so I can't tell you too much I'm afraid!):

More details to follow 'soon' (just for you, War Horse!!)

Steven Beeny, FS repainter and modeller.

New EE/BAC Canberra series for FS2004 starting October 2010. See www.flyingstations.com for details.
    Watch the new Canberra promo video here: http://youtu.be/m3rWTivCupg

--WH

Blog Entries

T.22 trial flight from Yeovilton

First air test of the T.22 Royal Navy Trainer- goes quite nicely with our Flying Stations FSX Buccaneer release you might say...

prep for takeoff:

into the clag:

quick show of the goods (breaking all SOPs by opening the flare bay on this one!!):

Heading home for a dressing down:

Tucked up nice and safe:

New EE/BAC Canberra series for FS2004 starting October 2010. See www.flyingstations.com for details.

......finally...the "333" !!!!

Thanks mate,
    Hank

Lppking very nice Steve, definitely going to ve picking this one up (the B-57 wasn't for me, sorry).

Just two questions; the T22 was based on the PR7, does this hint at the possibility of PR Canberras to come?; and you hinted once that there might, possibly, maybe, alos be a FS9 version of the Flying Stations Bucc - is that still a possibility?
    Andy

Blog Entries
    Good morning chaps,

yes indeed, 333 is on its way in this pack, at long last. And yes, Andy, good eye, this does indeed imply there could be PR Canberras made, as having done the fuselage of the PR.7 for the T.22, well why not? It's possible I might just do the 3 and 7 as freeware, as I never really planned for a pack of them, and I'm not sure there is substantial interest in them to warrant a payware pack.

I know of no plans for an FS9 version of the Bucc, heck we're tying hard enough to get an FSX release this millennium! I think that's going to be X only I'm afraid.

My next project after the Canberras will hopefully be built to go native easily on either platform.

Blog Entries

De Havilland Spectre Canberra

Hello all,

Your resident Canberra nut here. As part of the upcoming pack, I'm working on the one-off test bed for the DH Spectre rocket motor. DH selected one of the original B.1 prototypes for the task, which rather unfortunately for them was the Nene-powered VN813, which due to its enlarged engine nacelles had a lower mach rating than its counterparts. Subsequently, it was not able to achieve the same level of success as the Napier Scorpion rocket motor, despite some design advantages.

Regardless, VN813 was displayed at the 1957 SBAC show in a natty dark blue scheme, along with stable-mate WF909 using the Gyron Junior engine (not to be included, sorry). So far I have not worked out the rocket flame fx yet but will do in the days to come. The extra 8,000lb thrust was quite scary in action in tonight's test flight and will require a bit of tweaking yet. The good thing is the Spectre was throttleable, so you will be able to ease it back if things get hairy. So, until the fx are in, here are some doctored shots of what it will (hopefully) look like:

Blog Entries
    Fantastic models, Steve!

I was going to wait to see if a B(I)8 materialized before jumping on the Canberra bandwagon ... but that T22 has done it! I'm getting that pack, for sure!

Looks great - I'm sure they'll be superb in the sim.

dl

"ring ring ringa ring of fighter canopies in my ears after this pack....? "

Non the less, awesome work!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Even more..? Just how many were there..?!? :isadizzy:

Once again looking great!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Blog Entries
    Lol, yes I know, this has to be the longest running release of all time, but there were so many versions and they were all so good! At least to me. Sorry chaps you'll have to endure this last bubble canopy pack then I will leave them well alone and move to pastures new. Could be fighter canopies, could be something totally different. So many good projects and never enough time to work on them.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, will keep you in the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Even more..? Just how many were there..?!? :isadizzy:
    Loads and loads and loads.....

http://www.bywat.co.uk/canframes.html

The Canberra served with more than 60 units of the RAF and Royal Navy, with 16 overseas nations (in one form or another) and with a number of British aerospace companies (back in the day when we had aerospace companies) for testing purposes; engine wise she flew with Nene, Avon, Sapphire, Gyron Junior (already mentioned by Steve, and the engine used in the Mk 1 Bucc & the Bristol B188) and Olympus, as well as a number of rocket engines; Canberras were used by Ferranti for avionics development, by Shorts for Re Top missile development, with Martin Baker, as a water spray tanker for icing trials (that one is a Newark - she's a B2, with a B8 nose, Buccaneer radar and she used to have a variety of strange pipes and contraptions hanging out behind) and as one of the chase aircraft for the TSR2 programme; and, of course, in a much modified WB-57 form, still flies with NASA. Versatile is not the word!

delta_lima, sadly Steve had said he is unlikely to do the fighter canopy Canberras; personally I'm a trifle disappointed, but the man has to have a life - apparently.
    Andy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Loads and loads and loads.....

delta_lima, sadly Steve had said he is unlikely to do the fighter canopy Canberras; personally I'm a trifle disappointed, but the man has to have a life - apparently.
    Yes, that's what I figured. Life? Personally, I find his sense of priority very disappointing ...

Seriously - the amount of work he's done is extraordinary. Having only "niche" interest in the Canberra, I left only to imagine just how massive it is. I'm in no way upset regarding the fighter canopy models - I completely understand. His efforts in whatever he redirects them to will doubtlessly produce something lovely. Bucc S2, Sea Fury, Tempest II, Victor, navalised Vampires, updated Sea Hawks ... so many ideas out there!

Anyway - put me down for one T22 - eagerly looking to join the Canberra club, even at this late hour ...

dl

ps: I trust you've planned yourself a nice break following this release!

Like Steve, I'm a dedicated Canberra nut, and I've appreciated all the hard work that have been put into these releases - mind you, I agree that he needs to reassess his priorities!!

Actually, I still use the Holker and Foster Canberras alongside Steve's own masterpieces, so can live with not having the Mk 8s and Mk 9s; but it would have been nice to see that Newark B2/8 hybrid.

As for what's next? Well, I've also loved Steve's Seahawks, and he knows what I would love to see!!
    Andy

Blog Entries
    Heheh, nice to see a good bit of consternation of the fighter canopy versions. Let's face it, they are too good to get left out, its just they are not top of the pecking order right now. There's a real chance they will get made, it's just the idea of doing the VC on them right now is putting me off.

WV787 - complete classic, glad you brought that one up, Andy. As for having a life...well, I have to recharge my batteries even if for 24hrs occasionally!

Someone mentioned Sea Hawks...might well have to revisit that for the Dark Side soon. Just one of the many ideas...but don't worry, I am not giving up on FS9 yet!

Delta Lima, welcome to the Canberra club soon I hope - better late than never I say! Andy gave you a brilliant summary there of her long and useful career yet the old girl just does not get the loving she deserves - hence my homage in this massive endless project

Ahh, it sounds like there is a Master Plan for future Canberries... I love them all. Guess I can join the nut group as well.

VN813 looks fantastic. Aways something exciting to look forward to on the next release.

Thanks for all your efforts, Steve and team.

:ernae:
    --WH

Blog Entries

Bristol Olympus Canberra

Started work on air-testing the B.2 fitted with Bristol Olympus 102 engines tonight. This one's going to take some tweaking. The engines packed a mighty 12,000lbs thrust each, which is almost double the thrust of the Avon. WD952 broke two altitude records in the early 50s, the latter being 68,000 ft. On a relatively quick test I had her in the low 50,000ft mark tonight, but running out of airspeed rapidly. One thing I've found in FS9 is that FDEs do not handle low and high altitude performance well. In the early beta test days we spent ages tweaking the FDE to try and get a low, mid and high alt performance worthy of the real Canberra, but in the end could not achieve this for high alt.

This B.2 here suffers from the Overspeed problem a lot, so I have a lot of work to do. Goes like a bat out of hell on take off and climb, and has plenty of juice at mid alt, but I have yet to see how she really handles, especially on landings. Anyway, here are some screens:

Dark up here:

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    Awesome work
    GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

Dammit Steve, that is amazing - and I never thought I'd see that one in a sim.
    Andy

Blog Entries
    Cheers fellas, I think it may well be a sim first. I don't think I ever imagined I'd seriously end up doing this one either, but those big nacelles were too tempting!

Hi, Steve.

Any updates to report on the Master of Tasks? Been a little quiet of late.

Thanks

--WH

Blog Entries
    Well, there has been some re-shuffling of the line-up which is going to delay the release for a while. Re-modelling some things, adding some new things too. Will keep you posted as soon as there is progress to show.

Could you put up a few more pics of the VC, please? I don't have the Canberra model, but I would like to take a look at the VC. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    Could you put up a few more pics of the VC, please? I don't have the Canberra model, but I would like to take a look at the VC. Thanks.
    I've got a couple to share..

The top one is from the EE Canberra, whereas the bottom one is from the Martin B-57.

I believe Steve has more on the Flying Stations website.

--WH

Blog Entries
    Cheers WH, here are a few more of my own:

B-57A:

T.4:

B.16 (other strike/interdictor models with gunsight as well):

Looking back:

B.1 with auxillary windscreen:

Members who have read this thread: 0