Hint from PC Piilot.

Thread: Hint from PC Piilot.

Lightbulb Hint from PC Piilot.

I have a 64 bit windows 7 and I could not get cfs2 to work on my computer. I found a suggestion in PC Pilot latest issue that you install all ms flight simulators directly onto the hard drive and don't go through program file, ect. I'm not going to reinstall anything already working, but this is solving a lot of problems for me.

Banned
    When I install CFS3 (for example) directly to my hard drive, the updates 3.1 and 3.1a will only search out any default installation and the update fails. . . Windows 7 64bit.
    Moreover, if I copy and paste a defaulted installation to another location, Firepower also searches out a default installation and fails. Updates and patches have no install location option and can't find anything other than a default installation to (Program Files x86). So I always must install CFS3 (for example) to the default Program Files x86 only and then move it when I am satisfied and finished updating. This also applies to expansions to CFS3, i.e. ETO for CFS3. Maybe CFS2 is different. I don't have CFS2 yet!

I really don't know either. I tried to install Cfs2 in the default location several times and kept getting "hinky" little problems. Textures didn't load one time and it kept crashing to desktop another. Could be my computer. So this is in the "whatever its worth" category. The only other ms simulator i have installed is FS9; its in the default location and is working fine.

Hern07, Dirtman installed CFS2 on his new pc with win7 and it is doing fine.You can contact him at simavation CFS2 forums. He may be able to give you some more info.
    BOB EDWARDS

You have to understand the CFS2 AI inorder to command them.

Why walk when you can ride

It is not what CFS2 is doing but what it looks like it is doing that counts

thanks, but everything is working now. I have three installs, ETO, POA (Pacific Ocean Area) and MTO plus a "Pure" Default Install. I've set up individual Mission Builder for each one.

Hern07, what did you have to do to correct yor problem? The reason I am asking is i am going to do a complete rebuild of one of my commputers using win7 64 bit ,but I want to make sure before I spend the money, that I can use CFS2 with no problems.
    BOB EDWARDS

You have to understand the CFS2 AI inorder to command them.

Why walk when you can ride

It is not what CFS2 is doing but what it looks like it is doing that counts

Members who have read this thread: 0