KC Flight Shop SportStar Livery Contest! All enteries welcome!

Thread: KC Flight Shop SportStar Livery Contest! All enteries welcome!

KC Flight Shop SportStar Livery Contest! All enteries welcome!

So, I am planning to make a KCFS Livery pack free to all of our customers as a "Thank You" for there support. So far I have made a few great livery's, but i NEED MORE!!! This is were you, the community, can help pitch in!!!! Also, get a little somethin in return.

Here is how it works. Im going to make this contest as simple as possible, so that ANYONE can enter it, with or without any artistic skills! Posted below will be a livery kit for the SportStar.

In it is a layered PSD file for people who have Photoshop, and a JPG for people who dont. So if you have other programs like Gimp or even Windows Paint, you can use it!

Also, if you dont have any digital painting skills, thats fine! You can find a interesting photo of an aircraft livery and POST IT! Thats right! Find a photo of an aircraft that you think has a really cool and or unique aircraft livery that you would like to see on the SportStar and post it on this forum!!! ANYONE CAN ENTER!!!

Also, for those skilled livery painters, the full SportStar paint kit is also available!

So, what do you get? Simple. The winner(s) will get a free copy of the SportStar! If they already have the SportStar, they can opt to give there license to 1 friend, or save there license and use it on a free copy of our NEXT (un-announced) product!

Here are the rules.

#1, all entries must be posted by Thursday, 8/11/2011 Midnight PST. I will announce the winners Friday.
    #2, ALL entries agree to let me use there concept in a free livery regardless</SPAN> of if they win or not. Credit will be given if your livery concept is used.
    #3, You can only submit a maximum 5 (five) concepts, so make them count! Dont flood the thread!
    #4, Entries must be in the form of A: JPG of the livery template, or B: A clear JPG of a real aircraft. Please post them in this thread.
    #5, Judging will be based on creativity, uniqueness, and style. I will pick the winners that I like. I will also critique entries to help people zero in on what I like, and let them re-submit if they wish.
    #6, Since I will be painting these livery's, please dont make them too complex, see example below

Really cool livery, but would take me YEARS to paint with all the tiger stripes! Yikes!

Here are the files.

Livery Kit

Lets see what sort of creativity this community has! Contest starts NOW!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Icon5

Hi Kevin,

That's a very nice competition! I don't know if I'm the first to respond or that your email box is bursting but I thought I react here and now

I really like to see a silver/metal color SportStar with some flowing stripes. Something along the lines of these two:

or

I hope you like them too
    Anneke

Good choice! That sort of reminds me of the tribal designs you see much of recently, and painting the silver would not be all that hard in FSX! The new 2009+ SportStar looks really sleek with the re-designed canopy. Thanks for the submission!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Hi Kevin,

And if you don't mind I'd like to propose another livery. I always am a great fan of these kind of liveries. This one is sporty, playfull and a lot of nationalities are covered as well due to colors, striping and stars and it suits the Evektor very well don't you think :salute:

Anneke

Come on guys I'm sure there are other great liveries too. Post them quickly, I don't wanna win all the prizes
    Anneke

An adaption of this Sukhoi Su-26 scheme might be nice

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untit...dbee8877c1c589

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE='JavaScript' SRC='http://www.airliners.net/photoLink.inc?id=1962328' TYPE='text/javascript'></SCRIPT>

Actually this more subtle silver on silver scheme on a Su-31 would be really cool

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Sukhoi-Su-31/1120150/L/

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE='JavaScript' SRC='http://www.airliners.net/photoLink.inc?id=1120150' TYPE='text/javascript'></SCRIPT>

Good post's Jetstreamsky!

Just to let everyone know, I posted a preview of some of the work already done in the free livery pack for the SportStar.

What do ya think? Personally I like the red with the matching tan interior!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

It's a good solid red that, but I like the bumble bee better I think, not sure about a white interior though with all that canopy to reflect in.

I can do yellow leather patches, or match the tan that the red one has. If you noticed, the bumble bee has a red interior from the old red livery so I havent gotten into the interior yet. Maybe even do a fabric interior?
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Yes a fabric interior would be cool, toning the inside down without making it all dark and gloomy. I did notice the red flashes, but the percentage of surface area seems too small to be significant in terms of reflective material.

Just a reminder, and a bump! Tomorrow is the last day to sumbit a livery design!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

And the winner is Anneke who submitted this paint job!

Anneke, please PM me with your choice of another license to give to a friend, or a license to out next product. I cant say much about the next aircraft other then it will be a single engine GA aircraft, but it will be a LOT of fun with almost 3x the HP of the SportStar I will announce the next KCFS product once we release Service Pack 1 for the SportStar late August/early September!

Kevin "Gibbage" Miller
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Darn! Thanks Kevin! much appreciated :isadizzy: I'll PM you!

I'd like to donate the free licence to Anthony Lynch (anthony31) (If that's possible) in honor of all the lovely sceneries he's releasing for the community for free!

I love to see 'my :redf:' paint on the Evektor!

I'm gonna buy your next airplane anyway!

Thank you!
    Anneke

Hi Kevin,

What's the use of entering into a contest, 'winning' it and never hear anything again...?

If contest are designed to stir up interest for the Evekor and things didn't turn out as one hoped it would, at least wrap things up neatly...:salute:

Otherwise it will only back fire against you...
    Anneke

Sorry about that. Been very busy over here. I will get you that license asap so you can give it too your friend!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Roger that, thanks for the feedback.
    Anneke

Check your PM's. I need to verify the E-mail addy you want the license sent too.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Hi Kevin,

I'm waiting for current emailadres of Anthony. I've send him an email. Let you know okay?
    Anneke