invisible aircraft

Thread: invisible aircraft

invisible aircraft

Hi again,
    just a small problem...
    I have attempted to create a standalone repaint b-17, the only problem is when I start CFS3, and select the aircraft, it’s invisible.
    I can fly it and drop bombs from it but cannot see it at all, the other problem with it is that all the stations are mixed up, for example when I press F6 for the pilots view, it takes me to the front gunners view.

I have double checked all the M3D files and made sure all the file names are correct, I just have no idea what is causing this and would appreciate any help!
    Attachment 45121Attachment 45122

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Rats, its that Elvish magic again!!

I have gone through every step and i either end up with a disapearing aircraft or the old texture. I can make the texture work by overrighting existing files, but I just can't get the standalone right!

... i blame the elves!

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    ...when one of my thousands of stand-alones messes up I go back and make sure EVERYTHING is named the same...(lol)

-also check to be sure your 'R' and 'S' as well as your 'T' 'dds' textures are all available to the 'm3d' file and that they show up normally in Martin's ''DXT to BMP''.

are your sure you've used the correct m3d file? There are 3d models that are volontary invisible such as the dummy bulding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Guys,

Also check that you have edited the mos file to call for the new texture as well as the M3D files.

the incorrect sequence of stations (ie F6 taking you to gunners station) sounds like you may have accidentally given some of the M3D files the wrong name.

I would go back to the stock B17 and attempt to remake the standalone. just change the name by one character. dont worry about textures etc. just get the plane flying in game, make sure the various stations are working etc.

Then go back and edit the M3d files and mos files etc to get your new texture in game.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

If you want send me the textures files and let me know which B-17 you are using and I will make a stand alone for you!

Thanks guys, I think that I’ve kind of sorted it;
    I didn't notice that I had put a capital 'B' instead of a 'b' in the mos file and
    the aircraft works beautifully in CFS3 now, but for some reason causes ETO to crash.
    I'll continue fiddling with it and I’m sure something will click eventually!

In case anyone’s interested, I downloaded the texture from the warbirds archive 1
    CC_B-17E.zip
    and it uses the firepower B-17f

one last question: can notepad be used to edit text strings in M3d files instead of a hex editor, because it makes it look far less daunting!

Blog Entries

Wink

I know Wonder woman flew one.:salute:

Attachment 45264Attachment 45263
    CHEERS

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcz7 View Post
    Thanks guys, I think that I’ve kind of sorted it;
    I didn't notice that I had put a capital 'B' instead of a 'b' in the mos file and
    the aircraft works beautifully in CFS3 now, but for some reason causes ETO to crash.
    I'll continue fiddling with it and I’m sure something will click eventually!

In case anyone’s interested, I downloaded the texture from the warbirds archive 1
    CC_B-17E.zip
    and it uses the firepower B-17f

one last question: can notepad be used to edit text strings in M3d files instead of a hex editor, because it makes it look far less daunting!
    no no and uh uh.... text editors corrupt .m3d and .mos files

I use PSpad, it is a text and hex editor. It is a very usefull tool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

If your hex editor is too complicated here is a link to a very simple freeware hex editor.

http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Members who have read this thread: 0