Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
VS-24, sister squadron to VS-27 on the same cruises together aboard USS Yorktown, 1965 - 1969. Upload tomorrow night.

Attachment 63500Attachment 63501
Hey Duckie!...not so fast - just wanna say thanks!

I originally wanted to post these pics of gratitude on Monday, alas issues with my internet.

Okay, I'll come clean;

It's been months since last flying these awesome birds - its just a result of trying to keep ahead of other project schedules.
Most of my Grummans were original 'Milton Blues' the untextured dev. models used for building the soundsets.
(yes Gentlemen, so far, you only have half the story - the turbo birds are yet to be released).

Anyway, I've kept my 'aiming eye' on the texture developments of all you talented texture artists and have every intention of savouring this impressive array of paint-schemes.

Attachment 63620

So Steve 'Duckie' has imaginatively put us on the Yorktown circa 1969.
Sometime during that year, USS Yorktown made a tour of the 'Med'
with primetime spent participating in exercises in the Aegean.

Here are some pics of one of the events which follows;

A pair of HAF regulars are sent to sniff out a contact near the Mt Athos peninsular.
The SLUFS were the nearest available aibornes and radar had already concluded that the intruder was a slow flying multi-engined aircraft.

Attachment 63621

"Hey Matt look at that cheeky flyer just showing up here, unannounced!"

"Yeah...looks like a U.S Navy bird...what's he doing so far North - thought they were on exercises down near Crete!"

Attachment 63622

"Think I'll take a closer look at this guy - hey they do really nice paint jobs on their ships"

Attachment 63623

"'Afternoon' Navy Bird...need any assistance"...
"Hey! wait a minute...'Duckie!...Steve buddy, is that really you?"

Attachment 63625

"Sure looking good, if I may say so!"

Attachment 63624

"Yeah! You guessed! That's 'you-know-who' checkin you out inverted!"

Time for an ouzo and a breeze?...

"Good - just follow us down."

Attachment 63626Attachment 63627

"Choose your parking Duckie - just make sure its where we get plenty of eye-candy buddy!"