SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 14
Page 14 of 119 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222464114 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Yes Milton! PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASE. (almost on my knees)

Cheers,
    Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Hiya Milton,

May i kindly request on behalf of all the dutch here, also make a S-2F-1 version? The one with the radar on top of the cockpit?

Marcel
    Marcel, I have lots of pictures of that one as well. I will certainly try to get that done for all of our Dutch family here and do it happily. You bet!

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    Yes Milton! PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASE. (almost on my knees)

Cheers,
    Maarten
    Okay Maarten, are you guys ganging up on me here with the "arm twisting"?

The -1 and -2 have the shorter fuselage as does the C1A so it will not be much more to accommodate your request after the C1A.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Milton, you are the BEST!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Milton, you are the BEST!

Cheers,
    Maarten
    And beter then the rest!!

Nice impression of the crew flying the birds back then :-)

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    And better then the rest!!
    Nice impression of the crew flying the birds back then :-)
    Marcel
    They look like a hardy lot don't they? Geeze, look at the weather they're flying in.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

That's no unusual weather for our part of the world, right Marcel? Much of this year's Summer has been like that.

Cheers,
    Maarten

That's no unusual weather for our part of the world, right Marcel? Much of this year's Summer has been like that.
    Cheers,
    Maarten
    Right about now Maarten, most of us in Texas and Oklahoma would kill to have weather like that, lol.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Right about now Maarten, most of us in Texas and Oklahoma would kill to have weather like that, lol.:salute:
    ... And SE New Mexico with our .3" of rain so far this year in the high desert plains.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    My contributions to the project.......

70% converted to FSX native, still have some more materials and animations to convert. Having an issue with the tailhook not responding to animations using the stock tags, anyone have any ideas?

Standing by to convert the remainder of the models and VC when they become available.

*EDIT* I need new clothes for her:ernae: *END EDIT*

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks for the kudos, and for dropping in.
    Well, thank YOU, Milton ! I am really very exited about your new project, here's a small token of my affection for the Stoef, from the days *before* i changed my aircraft modeling ambition from paper/wood/plastic to digital...

Attachment 48057

This may also show that, like my fellow countrymen, i am of course fairly biased towards a dutch MLD S2F-1 version..

If there's still a slot open it would be my pleasure to help out on variant conversion in any way needed. ( i still run a Gmax/FS9 exporter too next to my Gmax/FSX setup ) It would have to be work 'on the side' of course but i am so exited about this project and would love to lend a hand where ever i can.

Say, Milton, haven't seen any pilot figures in the WIP screenies sofar, if you haven't accounted for these already, i'd be happy to start with those.

Probabely maybe superfluous but here's some stuff i found in my internet fav's re the Tracker,Trader,Tracer.

Although a bit 'glassy' still a good all around view of a Tracker cockpit, some nice views on the seats too:

http://svsm.org/gallery/tracker

A dutch site with good Stoef cockpit panels/instruments diagrams in English :

http://www.vlaggeschipsmaldeel5.nl/h...n_tracker.html

Tracker,Trader,Tracer survivors all around the world :

http://www.s2ftracker.com/index.htm

Another dutch Stoof site, devided amongst all nationalities that used it:

http://home.wxs.nl/~roden171/index.html

And yet another dedicated to the airfield Valkenburg with abundage of photos of dutch MLD Trackers :

http://www.oudvalkenburgzh.nl/pages/...jvliegkamp.htm

You probabely have them all already but maybe other afficionados might enjoy some of 'em.

If there's anything i can help out with, External or Internal, both my Gmax setups are available and my Corel PSP Pro X3 too.

Cheers,
    Jan

AHA! So that's where you went, Jan. I missed you here!
    Hehe, yes, Maarten, very much stuck to the dark side for quite some time now. I love the dark side. Even traded my flying overalls and helmet for a cloak and mask while flying my fav speeders. You should see me... :costum:

But tremendously happy to be back here ! Of course we were kept totally in the dark overthere about Milton's wonderful Stoef project... That might change any day shortly now that Euroastar has revealed his first FSX WIP screenies...

Groeten,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    Far out, euroastar !!

Can't help with the tailhook anim at the mo because we use custom code for that. If you keep having problems with the stock tags i'll ask our programmer to provide you with a custom tailhook anim. ( do you use 0-100 ?... if afirm you might want to try 0-50-100 )

cheers,
    jan

Members +
    Blog Entries
    There is some interesting reference points and articles on the Stoof here; and other goodies too. I am suprised at how quickly this is comming together. Bravo Zulu!
    http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Far out, euroastar !!

Can't help with the tailhook anim at the mo because we use custom code for that. If you keep having problems with the stock tags i'll ask our programmer to provide you with a custom tailhook anim. ( do you use 0-100 ?... if afirm you might want to try 0-50-100 )

cheers,
    jan
    Thank you sir. I'll keep messing with the tailhook feature, a definate custom code can help me as well:ernae:

Interesting about the tailhook, as I am doing the flight test in FSX and the tailhook animation works just fine.

T

70% converted to FSX native, still have some more materials and animations to convert. Having an issue with the tailhook not responding to animations using the stock tags, anyone have any ideas?

Standing by to convert the remainder of the models and VC when they become available.

*EDIT* I need new clothes for her:ernae: *END EDIT*
    Yea!!!! Good progress

Not sure if the FSX makemdl tags are different but of course you can name your own.

See the graphic for the basics from the FS9 implementation.

Also, please feel free to change the window glass and props blur to work better in FSX.

Thanks for your efforts.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    There is some interesting reference points and articles on the Stoof here; and other goodies too. I am suprised at how quickly this is comming together. Bravo Zulu!
    http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html
    Thanks Lazarus; informative link. It also shows why we modelers have such a fun time trying to learn the variants, the window differences in this case, and often get criticized for getting them wrong. There are at least 4 window variants that I am aware of but we will use just two.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

"There are at least 4 window variants that I am aware of but we will use just two."

Oh no!!! That means my rivet count totald will be off. That is not acceptable
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Well, thank YOU, Milton ! I am really very exited about your new project, here's a small token of my affection for the Stoef, from the days *before* i changed my aircraft modeling ambition from paper/wood/plastic to digital...

Attachment 48057

This may also show that, like my fellow countrymen, i am of course fairly biased towards a dutch MLD S2F-1 version..

If there's still a slot open it would be my pleasure to help out on variant conversion in any way needed. ( i still run a Gmax/FS9 exporter too next to my Gmax/FSX setup ) It would have to be work 'on the side' of course but i am so exited about this project and would love to lend a hand where ever i can.

Say, Milton, haven't seen any pilot figures in the WIP screenies sofar, if you haven't accounted for these already, i'd be happy to start with those.

Probabely maybe superfluous but here's some stuff i found in my internet fav's re the Tracker,Trader,Tracer.

Although a bit 'glassy' still a good all around view of a Tracker cockpit, some nice views on the seats too:

http://svsm.org/gallery/tracker

A dutch site with good Stoef cockpit panels/instruments diagrams in English :

http://www.vlaggeschipsmaldeel5.nl/h...n_tracker.html

Tracker,Trader,Tracer survivors all around the world :

http://www.s2ftracker.com/index.htm

Another dutch Stoof site, devided amongst all nationalities that used it:

http://home.wxs.nl/~roden171/index.html

And yet another dedicated to the airfield Valkenburg with abundage of photos of dutch MLD Trackers :

http://www.oudvalkenburgzh.nl/pages/...jvliegkamp.htm

You probabely have them all already but maybe other afficionados might enjoy some of 'em.

If there's anything i can help out with, External or Internal, both my Gmax setups are available and my Corel PSP Pro X3 too.

Cheers,
    Jan
    Jan,

What a great hobby and model. Your attention to detail there was not lost on your digital migration, thankfully. Beautifully done.

We would all be honored to have you contribute on the S2F-1 variant. The -1 was so very prevalent around the world and there are so many uses and liveries to be done. It is certainly a project unto itself. I urge you to do this with our blessings.

You are correct; there is no pilot yet. Thank you for offering.

Ah, yes; great links, pictures, history, and stories. I picked up a few things, and got clarification on the length of the MAD boom extension at 9'.

Thank you very much Jan.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Uncle Milton,

The props and glass have been fully updated, the updated props shown in the shots, will post shots of the updated reflective glass later. I will keep playing with the tailhook to see what comes out of that.

Uncle Milton,

The props and glass have been fully updated, the updated props shown in the shots, will post shots of the updated reflective glass later. I will keep playing with the tailhook to see what comes out of that.
    Thank you Euroastar350. Please feel free to do whatever you feel necessary to improve the model or textures. We appreciate your efforts totally.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just doing some basic VC work here getting new pedals in place, working with seats and center folding console. Trying to get the basic panel and gauge templates set for Diego to work the cockpit textures and gauges. He has started on the main panels, left, center, and right. There are two center consoles plus the overhead console containing the ECU. That is my focus now.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Additional progress shots from within FSX......

Have very few materials to convert, ailerons and elevators need animation, landing gear needs to be adjusted as the animation is somewhat different from FS2004 animations.

Finally got the tailhook to work, it only extends in the air and not on the ground.....goes to show that I don't fly military aircraft much Stay tuned for further progress.

ok due to real world commitments i've drafted in my good budy Nick (Simkid22) to assist with final work on the panel lines, this'll reduce the amount of time it's taking... darn real world, sure the graphics are good, as are the FPS, but the gameplay sucks...

anyways, not too long now fella's :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    ok due to real world commitments i've drafted in my good budy Nick (Simkid22) to assist with final work on the panel lines, this'll reduce the amount of time it's taking... darn real world, sure the graphics are good, as are the FPS, but the gameplay sucks...

anyways, not too long now fella's :salute:
    Matt,

No problem and no hurry. We have a long way to go yet on the models.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 131