SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 96
Page 96 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4686888990919293949596979899100101102103104106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

I am unable to open the bomb bay doors on the S2F-1 or -3 using the Shift+E then 2 command as stated in the instructions. When I key the command the passenger hatch opens same as Shift+E. Did I miss a fix tweak at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    I am unable to open the bomb bay doors on the S2F-1 or -3 using the Shift+E then 2 command as stated in the instructions. When I key the command the passenger hatch opens same as Shift+E. Did I miss a fix tweak at some point?
    The bomb doors animation was disabled in favor of using the available command for the radome and boom, I think.

If the passenger door is opening, then the shift+e, 2 is not being recognized.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    The bomb doors animation was disabled in favor of using the available command for the radome and boom, I think.

If the passenger door is opening, then the shift+e, 2 is not being recognized.

TARPSBird, Milton, SHIFT+E+2 opens the bomb doors, Concord Visor keys (Shift+K and K) work the radome and MAD boom. I just checked in SIM and it works on both the -1 and the -3.

TARPS, these key assigments have not changed so no updates were issued for this purpose.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

More STOOFs in teh paint shop...

Duckie

Thanks; I have so many models and versions (25?) ... I think I did that for FSX.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Now that is beautiful
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks; I have so many models and versions (25?) ... I think I did that for FSX.

:salute:

All I have to do is try and remember colors! Can't imagine having 2 dozen models at varying stages of completetion, modification, re-do, etc! :isadizzy:
    Duckie

All I have to do is try and remember colors! Can't imagine having 2 dozen models at varying stages of completetion, modification, re-do, etc! :isadizzy:
    LOL Most of my projects have at least 6-12 variants so one learns to manage them over time.

When I do AI, CFS2 special conversion versions, FS2002, FS2004, and FSX, then throw in skis, floats, wheels, wheels with/out pants, cargo versions, gunless, etc, they add up quickly.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

LOL! Your built-in-by-birth hard disc must be a superior quality one. :salute: Definitely reflected in the awesome paints and repaints you're producing.

Cheers,
    Maarten

:redf:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    LOL! Your built-in-by-birth hard disc must be a superior quality one. :salute: Definitely reflected in the awesome paints and repaints you're producing.

Cheers,
    Maarten

LOL! Maarten, you are too kind. :redf: However, my wife might depate you on the point! She accuses me from time to time of having a "memory leak" or at best, some bad sectors on that HDD when it comes to the honey do list!

FILE NOT FOUND!

Steve
    Duckie

TARPSBird, Milton, SHIFT+E+2 opens the bomb doors, Concord Visor keys (Shift+K and K) work the radome and MAD boom. I just checked in SIM and it works on both the -1 and the -3.

TARPS, these key assigments have not changed so no updates were issued for this purpose.

Steve
    Steve, I'm glad your bomb doors open but with either the S2F-1 or -3 when I hit Shift+E+2 the passenger hatch opens and the ladder lowers and if the plane is on the ground the starboard prop spins for a moment without starting the engine. I'm not making this up, in fact yesterday I downloaded both planes from SOH again and re-installed them and the same thing happened. I'm not going to waste any more time on it but just FYI the bomb doors aren't animated on the download versions of these planes.

Steve, I'm glad your bomb doors open but with either the S2F-1 or -3 when I hit Shift+E+2 the passenger hatch opens and the ladder lowers and if the plane is on the ground the starboard prop spins for a moment without starting the engine. I'm not making this up, in fact yesterday I downloaded both planes from SOH again and re-installed them and the same thing happened. I'm not going to waste any more time on it but just FYI the bomb doors aren't animated on the download versions of these planes.
    TARPSbird, I'm sorry for the trouble you're having. My last was not to dispute what you said was happening with your downloads, but rather to clarify what the designed key assignments for these animations were. I don't think I have any special editions of the models that would allow mine to work and others not to work. But I will download both versions again this evening and test them on my PC.

Although you've said you're not going to waste any more time with yours, I'd be interested to hear from others who may be experiencing similar problems so that it can be investigated further.

Regards,

Steve
    Duckie

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Gotta go vote here in SE Georgia, but once back will plan on getting a little salt water in the face and checking this out. My animations work with shift+e for the main entry/exit; I'll play with the rest when I get back. In this case, what about the other "usual suspects" (i.e., water rudder) on some keyboards?

The S2F-3 was released with the bomb doors activated using the Cargo Door key sequence ( Press shift+e, release then press 2) on 2/2/2012. The MAD Boom, Radome and antenna animated using the Concorde nose key sequence.

Then at the request of FSX users (who do not have the Concorde nose key sequence available to them), I changed that sequence on May 5th to allow the MAD Boom, Radome, and antenna to animate using the Cargo door key sequence since there are no bombs in the bomb bay anyhow.

I posted the updated model in the the FSX forum.

So, if you check your S2F-3 model folder, the S2F.mdl file date, the question will be answered.

The 2/2/2012 mdl file is the original release using the cargo door sequence to open the bomb doors and the Concorde nose sequence to deploy the MAD Boom, etc.

The 5/5/2012 mdl file deploys the MAD Boom, Radome, and antenna using the cargo door sequence.

I am attaching both mdl files here. Unzip, change the name and use whichever you wish.

EDIT: The S2F-1 uses the Cargo Sequence for the Bomb Bay doors and the Concorde sequence for the MAD Boom etc.

Ensure you are showing 2 exits in the aircraft.cfg:

[exits]
    number_of_exits=2
    exit_rate.0=0.5 ;Percent per second
    exit_rate.1=0.5 ;Percent per second
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks very much for the explanation and clarification, Milton. And thanks for posting up both model files. :salute::salute:

Steve
    Duckie

Milton & Steve, thanks for your replies.
    Milton, my original .mdl file was the 2-20-12 one which is supposedly the same 2-20-12 you uploaded in your post above. When I use either one I get the same results when I key Shift+E+2: passenger door opens/closes, ladder comes down/up, starboard prop mysteriously spins momentarily but doesn't start. Very strange. And yes I do have two exits listed in the aircraft.cfg file. If somebody else would please check this out I would at least like to know I am not experiencing early stages of dementia. Since this is FS9 and not CFS2 working bomb doors ain't that big a deal but since they were advertised I was just trying to make 'em work. The Stoofs are still great planes in any event.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    This is beginning to sound like the problems I've had with the CaptSim TF-104G's rear canopy, which despite doing it exactly per instructions (shift+e+2) still refuses to open - installed exactly in accordance with those same instructions, too. It's just one of those things, I guess.

SSI01, when you have a spare moment please do me a favor and check your S2F-3 and see what happens when you hit Shift+E+2.

For clarification, the key sequence is: shift+e, release and quickly press 2.

It sounds like you are doing shift+e+2, confusing to the sim. It may recognize shift+e to open the door, the e+2 to spin the starboard engine.

This is the age-old problem with the cargo door open sequence. If you have FSUIPC premium version, it fixes this issue. It also seems that there was an application released years ago that addressed the issue.

I too have problems with this on occasion.

EDIT: Note the instruction in the docs carefully:

1. Doors - shift+e for passenger door, and shift+e then 2 for bomb doors
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Duckie

For what it's worth I have the 2/20/2012 model and "shift+e 2" opens the bomb doors on mine.

That's a nice texture Duckie, looking forward to installing it. Love the overall blue schemes.

Yes... I know... Shift+E, then release and quickly press 2. I've been doing it successfully for the past 10 years or so on other aircraft for cargo doors and such. But I've tried every variation of keystroke technique I can come up with on the Stoof and the bomb doors don't want to open for me. Stick a fork in me, I'm done. Thanks for the replies to my original post. :salute:

Yes... I know... Shift+E, then release and quickly press 2. I've been doing it successfully for the past 10 years or so on other aircraft for cargo doors and such. But I've tried every variation of keystroke technique I can come up with on the Stoof and the bomb doors don't want to open for me. Stick a fork in me, I'm done. Thanks for the replies to my original post. :salute:
    I understand your frustration. Here is what I do to get around the key sequence issue.

I just assign the select item 2 to a different key sequence to avoid the delay.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hey Milton, that worked like a champ! I never noticed the "Select item..." commands before you posted that screenshot. I left "Shift+E" in the "Select exit" command and entered "2" in the "Select Item 2" command and I was good to go. Voila, bomb doors pop right open. Thanks again for your help.

I see the Dutch navy returned the rear part of the rudder.

Thanks very much Steve for another masterpiece!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Members who have read this thread: 131