SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 15
Page 15 of 119 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516171819202122232565115 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

lol that's good news as I'm not as fast as Matt with my brushes but I'm slowly plugging away at these lines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Jan,What a great hobby and model. Your attention to detail there was not lost on your digital migration, thankfully. Beautifully done.

We would all be honored to have you contribute on the S2F-1 variant. The -1 was so very prevalent around the world and there are so many uses and liveries to be done. It is certainly a project unto itself. I urge you to do this with our blessings.

You are correct; there is no pilot yet. Thank you for offering.

Ah, yes; great links, pictures, history, and stories. I picked up a few things, and got clarification on the length of the MAD boom extension at 9'.

Thank you very much Jan.
    Thank you, Milton and thanks very much for letting me participate !

It will be a great pleasure for me to work on the S2F-1 variant and deliver the pilot figures. I have new, higher poly figures for FSX to offer or low poly for FS9 if needed.

Waiting in anticipation to get started ! :salute:

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by simkid22 View Post
    lol that's good news as I'm not as fast as Matt with my brushes but I'm slowly plugging away at these lines.
    Hey Nick

Thanks for jumping in and lending a hand. We appreciate that a bunch!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Thank you, Milton and thanks very much for letting me participate !

It will be a great pleasure for me to work on the S2F-1 variant and deliver the pilot figures. I have new, higher poly figures for FSX to offer or low poly for FS9 if needed.

Waiting in anticipation to get started ! :salute:

Cheers,
    Jan
    Jan,

Thanks. I'll need a low poly version for the FS9 side but I'm sure the hi-poly version would be perfect for the FSX side.

The E1B VC is coming along slowly and I am just doing the basics there.
    That will be transferred over to the S2F-3 when done.

After that, I can hopefully convert the S2F to a C1A fairly quickly. From there, you will have a short fuselage starting point for the S2F-1.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

No problem Milton! I love that there is a Stoof on the way, last one I had was the Perfect Flight one from way back when and that was showing its age when I bought it. I'm just glad to help oh and all thats left to add panel lines to is the radome so Matt can get back to weathering it soon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pictorial update ...

Focus has been on the lower rear folding console and the overhead console and ECU. Just getting the basic controls in place and animated.

Seats are temporary.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by simkid22 View Post
    No problem Milton! I love that there is a Stoof on the way, last one I had was the Perfect Flight one from way back when and that was showing its age when I bought it. I'm just glad to help oh and all thats left to add panel lines to is the radome so Matt can get back to weathering it soon!
    Did I send the new radome mapping? I think so.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yes, I got it from Matt, I was actually the one who brought it up with him since at least VAW-111 had those large bats painted on the back and the old mapping would have been a challenge to say the least to try and do those schemes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries

Finally back in MY desert...

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    I am presently on a 2-week tour of Israel and the Holy land... upon my return I will post an extremely simple tutorial on USAF and USN lettering... whereby you can paint letters on the fly... 100% correct and very easy to do... with your PSP or Photoshop shape tools (rectangle and airbrush)
    Sorry I have no access to a paint program and my own computer during this trip...
    Here is a brief introduction to what could be a tutorial in creating one's own lettering...
    very simple, very quick... If there is any interest... I will supply more or answer specific questions...

Attachment 48250

Jan,Thanks. I'll need a low poly version for the FS9 side but I'm sure the hi-poly version would be perfect for the FSX side..
    Would the boys from the A-26 be a good start for a FS9 Tracker,Tracer,Trader crew, Milton ? FSX versions get completely new figures.

The E1B VC is coming along slowly and I am just doing the basics there.
    That will be transferred over to the S2F-3 when done.After that, I can hopefully convert the S2F to a C1A fairly quickly. From there, you will have a short fuselage starting point for the S2F-1.
    Sounds great, Milton, looking forward to it ! :salute:

Cheers,
    Jan

Wow guys! This is such an exiting project!
    Hats off for what you've done so far.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Would the boys from the A-26 be a good start for a FS9 Tracker,Tracer,Trader crew, Milton ? FSX versions get completely new figures.

Sounds great, Milton, looking forward to it ! :salute:

Cheers,
    Jan
    Jan,

I think so ... may have to add a helmet for the Navy boys though. I'll have a look.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    Wow guys! This is such an exiting project!
    Hats off for what you've done so far.

Cheers,
    Maarten
    Thank you Maarten. The guys behind the scenes are doing yeoman's work and at some point, all of it will come together. Fun indeed! Thanks for your continued interest.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Seats

Finally got those heavy seats modeled to a likeness. Trying to finish out the basics in the VC.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Finally got those heavy seats modeled to a likeness. Trying to finish out the basics in the VC.
    Wow!

Got some smaller items taken care of, and a few minor things to add the the overhead, and then on to mapping the interior ...

Diegox is working on the panel and gauges so enough of the blue template stuff here.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Looks great Milton!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Mapping of the Virtual Cockpit Shell

Well, now on to the sometimes tedious process of mapping the interior.

The front part of the inner fuselage (the cockpit) shown here has 680 polys. Every poly must be included and hand selected for texturing. I have taken the first pass here at assigning the object to 13 different mapping channels. I can see 8 errors in overlooked polys and also inconsistencies on how the left and right walls are mapped. Once I correct the 8 assignment errors, I can then correct the inconsistencies.

Once done, I can then create and assign maps to each of the 13 map channels for the texture artists.

These processes can get intricate at times or be very simple. This one will require about 4 more hours to complete I suspect.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

It's really fun to watch a model develope like we can here. I have no knowledge of the process so I find this facinating.

I'm sure it must get a little tedius when you have to get down to these niggly little details, all the more impressive that you are able to maintain such high standards.

I am so looking forward to the finished model.

You are truly blessing us Milton and all the rest of your team.

Wow.A masterpiece in the making!

Fuse inner Map Done

Quote Originally Posted by pfflyers View Post
    It's really fun to watch a model develope like we can here. I have no knowledge of the process so I find this facinating.

I'm sure it must get a little tedius when you have to get down to these niggly little details, all the more impressive that you are able to maintain such high standards.

I am so looking forward to the finished model.

You are truly blessing us Milton and all the rest of your team.
    "'Tis better to give than receive"

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    Wow.A masterpiece in the making!
    Not sure about that but we will have a few new things to fly.

Attached final appearance of the corrections made, a template created, and mapping done for this part.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Good website for reference photos:

http://www.s2ftracker.com/

I just gt a hold of the USN S2F-1 and -2 flight manual. Could you guys use it?

MAD boom extended

John,

Great shot!

I do have the Pilot's Handbooks in pdf format which is fine for my work.

Fliger who is doing the flight models has the E1B and S2F handbooks as well.

Others here may be interested.

Thanks for you help and interest.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Pretty cool I was talking with my uncle today and he told me he was a fire fighter on the USS Ticonderoga which had Tracers operating off it. He called them Willie Fudds. Makes this project even more special to me.

Members who have read this thread: 131