SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 12
Page 12 of 119 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202262112 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Work has begun

Looking GOOD!!! This is going to be one fantastic aircraft!

Blog Entries
    FSX native conversion underway. Have some materials and animations already applied, more to do. Stay tuned for shots.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Work has begun
    SUPERB!!!

Cheers,
    Maarten

I've been away for a while, courtesy of hurricane Irene, and I see much has been done. Looking great!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Milton i don't seem to have the Engines or Tailplane/Tail textures, just need them to finish off the Kit now....

and guys, sorry i haven't been posting images, not been in exactly the best frame of mind recently, things are finally starting to get to me... and thats after 2 weeks in Greece end of July till 4th Aug.... i need another Holiday (perhaps it's homesickness )

The developpment of that plane is going extremely fast !
    This is really impressive. Thanks a lot for the hard work, gentlemen. The outside model looks really nice, but that virtual cockpit seems outstanding, I can't wait to see it completely textured

And huge thanks to Euroastar for the FSX conversion :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    Milton i don't seem to have the Engines or Tailplane/Tail textures, just need them to finish off the Kit now....

and guys, sorry i haven't been posting images, not been in exactly the best frame of mind recently, things are finally starting to get to me... and thats after 2 weeks in Greece end of July till 4th Aug.... i need another Holiday (perhaps it's homesickness )
    Attached are the engine cowl, nacelle and empennage templates.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Work has begun
    Very nice! ... and fast; you must have worked all night to get that done so soon.

I am sorry, I thought they were in the original link I sent Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The developpment of that plane is going extremely fast !
    This is really impressive. Thanks a lot for the hard work, gentlemen. The outside model looks really nice, but that virtual cockpit seems outstanding, I can't wait to see it completely textured

And huge thanks to Euroastar for the FSX conversion :ernae:
    Thanks The team is hitting on all cylinders it seems.

Nigel has the sounds about ready;
    Fliger747 is working the flight model;
    Smoothie is working the main textures for the paint kit;
    Diego is now starting on the panel and gauges;
    Tankerguy seems to be racing ahead with his own textures;

A lot of people here have been accommodating with resources and that helped a bunch in time savings. Also helps that I am now retired and can work on the project on average probably 8 hours a day.

The VC focus is mainly the cockpit, just the basics in place to fly. The gmax source is available to anyone with the skills to do more.

My focus now is on the S2F-3. :salute:
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

If that VC is as detailled and interactive as your previous planes, then this aircraft will definitely be a joy to fly. Thanks again to you and all the other members working on that project.

Many Thanks Milton, just getting working on a barren scheme that the other painters can paint right over, on the plus side for the painters is that things are laid out nicely no confusion as to what layer controls what, makes a change to me and my hyper-kits as i call them where theres about 30 layers for weathering alone

Many Thanks Milton, just getting working on a barren scheme that the other painters can paint right over, on the plus side for the painters is that things are laid out nicely no confusion as to what layer controls what, makes a change to me and my hyper-kits as i call them where theres about 30 layers for weathering alone
    Thank you veru much Matt; really appreciate your efforts on this, and looking forward to all the artistry that will follow.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thank you veru much Matt;
    no Milton, Thank you for this project, she's a beauty! decided against blank and throwing on an SoH style scheme

Very nice! ... and fast; you must have worked all night to get that done so soon.
    Thanks! and yeah I put a good amount of time in yesterday! I still have some work to do then Ill send it to you. :salute:

Looks very nice TG! I will try to get the rest of the small parts mapped by Wednesday.

Taking a little break from this while you guys find any issues, then I will get back to it to finish the small parts mapping and do a little more in the VC.

Meanwhile, I am working on the S2F-3.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Still putting along slowly (as appropraite for a Willi Fudd) on the flight dynamics!

Cheers: T

Blog Entries

Very nice effort!!!

However... before you get way ahead of yourself... revise the (apparently Eurostile font) lettering format used... the U.S. Navy at the time of this aircraft was using the standard "squared off" lettering format... if you want to refer to my postings... see the old reworking paint I posted on the Trader... of just consult photos... using the correct letter format really would enhance your painting a lot... this Eurostile is a bit... how would I term it... out of place .. also... ones in the US NAVY are never the European stile... they are just a straight bar... Also, after a short tour aboard a carrier... the livery deteriorated considerably in terms of weathering... Keep up the good work...

Making Progress on the "Stoof"

Reworked the fuselage, wings, built a totally new empennage, new tail wheel, and adjusted attached antennae and undercarriage stuff.

Still a bunch to do to make it an S2F-3.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Reworked the fuselage, wings, built a totally new empennage, new tail wheel, and adjusted attached antennae and undercarriage stuff.

Still a bunch to do to make it an S2F-3.
    Oh my gosh, Milton! She looks gorgeous already! A-MA-ZING!!!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post

However... before you get way ahead of yourself... revise the (apparently Eurostile font) lettering format used... the U.S. Navy at the time of this aircraft was using the standard "squared off" lettering format... if you want to refer to my postings... see the old reworking paint I posted on the Trader... of just consult photos... using the correct letter format really would enhance your painting a lot... this Eurostile is a bit... how would I term it... out of place .. also... ones in the US NAVY are never the European stile... they are just a straight bar... Also, after a short tour aboard a carrier... the livery deteriorated considerably in terms of weathering... Keep up the good work...
    Thanks for the input! This is my first repaint on anything besides airtankers really so Im learning. I appreciate the info.:salute:

Thanks for the input! This is my first repaint on anything besides airtankers really so Im learning. I appreciate the info.:salute:
    A good thing about progress out in the open is there is always someone who can see things we do not see as we are developing all the details. A community project is enriched when everyone is participating.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post

I use AmarilloUSAF Pro and Long Beach USN fonts for my painting. The AmarilloUSAF Pro and Long Beach USN fonts ares available from T'lai Enterprises for a minimal fee ($36.50 for both, on a single user license.). If you do a lot of painting, it's worth it! I haven't found any freeware fonts that are as good. Believe me I've searched!

Download demos at http://www.tlai.com/med_des/md_ftp.html you can purchase by clicking the "purchase a license" link on that page.

The demos have a limited character set but may do what you need to do.

Hope this info helps my fellow painter's

Dave

いや~まいった!
    I have an exact font used for US Navy serial and stencils for this era. I use it especially for painting liveries of a USN or Marines aircraft. I am glad to send it to any of our painters if they want to use it for this project. It's a freeware, so it's OK to share it.
    日本頑張って!
    この飛行機野郎からで~す
    春日部市、埼玉県、日本

Members who have read this thread: 131