SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 116
Page 116 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1666106108109110111112113114115116117118119 LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 2967

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Beautiful aircraft and awesome looking drop effect. Congratulations Team Shupe for another outstanding contribution to the community. Hands down as good as most payware and better than not just a few.

Thanks to all involved on this project. Well done team!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Well thanks to all of you for your comments and support over the last 3 years on this Grumman series. With the release of the S2Turbo series, the project is officially completed.

This project started Sept 4, 2011 with the C-1A and followed by the E1B. In total, there are 13 Tracker, Tracer, Trader variants but some 16+ variants uploaded with FSX differences. Also, there have been some models converted to native FSX and some that are still in progress.

There were so many people involved in each of the variant projects, I hesitate to try to list them all. Please read the credits for the contributors who made each variant happen.

What was really neat too was that so many of you contributed by PM, Emails, snail mail, and in the forum thread with books, drawings, pictures, and references. This kind of support improves the projects tremendously and is priceless. I sincerely thank you for all the support given, and the contributions made over the last 3 years. You helped bring these models to life and it truly is the teamwork here at SOH that is so awesomely fruitful.

And finally, I shower thanks and gratitude to all the re-painters for their commitment to cover a range of Tracker history. Repaints expand interest and improve longevity of these projects and for that, I am grateful.

Thanks SOH Team
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks Milton and team. The fact that this plane was covered in so much detail for FS wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for all of you dedicated to making rare/off the beaten path aircraft fly in flight simulator. When you guys started this project, I thought you were crazy! 288 pages later, I can confirm it, yeah, you guys are crazy good!! Cheers!

Here here, thank you to all involved. superb work on this massive project as a whole

Milton,

These look great in FSX!

I'm not sure if I installed something wrong, but the drop effect seems to be starting a little to low in the FSX CDF version. Also, toward the end of each tank, it lets out an extra "puff" of retardant that kinda hangs up higher than the rest.

Is this a known issue, or did I install something wrong?

Thanks!

What version of FSX, Accel?, SP2? DX9?

That's what we tested in.

I do get that final puff, but the retardant is perfectly matched to the doors here.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Here is what I show during drop and the second that the retardant stops.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Here are the aircraft.cfg entries that control the position of the retardant. Feel free to adjust as necessary for your system.

The parameters are fore/aft, left/right, up/down.

[smokesystem]

smoke.1 = 4.5, 0, -8, fx_MS_fire_retardant
    smoke.2 = 4.5, 0, -8, fx_MS_fire_retardant
    smoke.3 = 4.5, 0, -8, fx_MS_fire_retardant
    smoke.4 = 4.5, 0, -8, fx_MS_fire_retardant

You are also welcome to adjust and improve the effect to your liking. If you improve it it, please share with others.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks, Milton. changing -8 to -5 put the effect in the right spot for me.

I swapped in the old effect from the radial tankers, and still got the puff at the end, so it seems to be beyond what's in the .fx file. I don't know enough about FSX effects to look beyond that.

Doesn't really matter anyway! It's still a great looking plane and a blast to fly!

Quote Originally Posted by malibu43 View Post
    Thanks, Milton. changing -8 to -5 put the effect in the right spot for me.

I swapped in the old effect from the radial tankers, and still got the puff at the end, so it seems to be beyond what's in the .fx file. I don't know enough about FSX effects to look beyond that.

Doesn't really matter anyway! It's still a great looking plane and a blast to fly!
    Are you talking about FS9 or FSX here?

9 and X are so different because FS9 Smoke system read the parameters differently (incorrectly).

Are you running Accel, SP2 and DX9?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Are you talking about FS9 or FSX here?

9 and X are so different because FS9 Smoke system read the parameters differently (incorrectly).

Are you running Accel, SP2 and DX9?
    Sorry. I'm talking about FSX w/ Accel, SP2 and in DX9.

that is amazing that we run the same and yet have such different results. :-/
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

that is amazing that we run the same and yet have such different results. :-/
    That is weird... Maybe something is porked in my install. I won't know, though, until I have a reason to reinstall FSX. So hopefully not for a while!

Here is what I show during drop and the second that the retardant stops.
    Are these images from FSX or FS9? Your retardant looks a lot "fluffier" than mine does in FSX.

The reason I ask is the prop blur on the aircraft looks like FS9 or a native FSX model. My prop shows up almost completely clear in FSX (like most FS9 port overs do).

Edit - One other thought. Could it have to do how high you set Effects in the FSX options? I believe mine are set as high as it will go. I can double check later when I get home.
    Last edited by malibu43; November 25th, 2013 at 12:13.

I did some more poking around...

I installed the FSX CDF Turbo to a temp folder and looked at the fx_MS_fire_retardant.fx file in the (temp)/Effects folder. I compared that to the retardant drop effect installed by the FS9 CDF Turbo installer and they appear to be the same.

After digging around in the folders that the FSX installer installed, I found another fx_MS_fire_retardant.fx file in (temp)/simobjects/airplanes/SOH-S2TCDF/panel/EffectControl folder. This file is very different from the one that is installed in the (temp)/Effects by the FSX installer or the one that comes with the FS9 version.

Which file actually gets used by FSX?

No, that one is not used; should have deleted that folder altogether.

The one that should be active in your effects folder should be dated: 10/26/2013 12:45 and if you open the fx, you should see:

Display Name=fire retardent drop by Milton Shupe Oct 2013

(Note retardant is mis-spelled)

The one I distributed with the FSX packages is attached. Verify this is the one you have in your Effects folder.
    If not, replace it and revert back to the original smoke settings.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

No, that one is not used; should have deleted that folder altogether.

The one that should be active in your effects folder should be dated: 10/26/2013 12:45 and if you open the fx, you should see:

Display Name=fire retardent drop by Milton Shupe Oct 2013

(Note retardant is mis-spelled)

The one I distributed with the FSX packages is attached. Verify this is the one you have in your Effects folder.
    If not, replace it and revert back to the original smoke settings.
    Thanks Milton. That is identical to the one I already have installed, so I guess that isn't the issue. Out of curiosity, is it correct that it is also identical to the effect in the FS9 package?

I'll look at my install more a little later when I get a chance to see if something is mixed up...
    Last edited by malibu43; November 25th, 2013 at 15:10.

Yes, the fx should be the same. Only the gauge programming is different to invoke the release.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Beautiful paint job and model!!! Thanks Milton and to all involved!

Short FSX video...

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Beautiful paint job and model!!! Thanks Milton and to all involved!

Short FSX video...

Thank you TF. Ferondoe (Martial Feron) did an awesome job on this scheme. It is a personal favorite. Thanks Marty!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by malibu43 View Post
    I love this thing.

These tankers have their own personality for sure. You can feel the "Heavy" when loaded but she carries the weight well. When empty, she handles light and doesn't require much in the way of flaps to bring her home. She is fun to fly and looks great too :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

i know this thread is in FS9,,where it most popular as a thread it seems,,,so im posting here,,,,,for the CalFire version,could someone help he out and make me a paint of both T-89,and T88, T- eight -nine,is one of my favorites.flown by Joesph (HOSER) Satrapa,ex crusader jockey ,atleast i think it was....big jet with an opening under the cockpit for air intake..C-7?..or C-8?..heck i dont know...would love to see these two in my sim atleast..

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/dlk...21767.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    i know this thread is in FS9,,where it most popular as a thread it seems,,,so im posting here,,,,,for the CalFire version,could someone help he out and make me a paint of both T-89,and T88, T- eight -nine,is one of my favorites.flown by Joesph (HOSER) Satrapa,ex crusader jockey ,atleast i think it was....big jet with an opening under the cockpit for air intake..C-7?..or C-8?..heck i dont know...would love to see these two in my sim atleast..

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/dlk...21767.jpg.html
    Not sure what you are asking for Dave, but we do have an "88" on the FSX side.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here