SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 111

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Right! I'm back from an evil evil weekend on Salisbury Plains so its back to work on finishing the Turbo Tracker cockpit graphics, shouldn't be long now I hope! I should have the finished stuff off to Milton before the end of the week!
    Thank you FK; glad you got thru the weekend safely, and look forward to your results.

EDIT: Continuing to work on the retardant drop effects to improve on color reality. Next phase will be to try to get the aft portion to be more wispy and wind disturbed.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thank you FK; glad you got thru the weekend safely, and look forward to your results.

EDIT: Continuing to work on the retardant drop effects to improve on color reality. Next phase will be to try to get the aft portion to be more wispy and wind disturbed.
    That's looking real good Milton!!

This Dutch geezer felt like a spoilt brat already with the Grumman 7 lot and the Turbo Firecat.

This screenie you posted, Milton, and the screenie of your VC and the paints earlier on, Firekitten, make me even more happy. I know I have to wait but I can't.....

Cheers,
    Maarten

we gonna git a blue gel retardant option?..............

jest stiring da pot................

Okay, found the info: before drop, Full Flaps, 120–130 knots, dive to target and drop at 150" AGL

one other thing,tankerguy can tell if they do this state wide,or its just something i see up here,but usually the landing lights in the wing are on during a drop run,when they turn base to final for the drop run is when ive seen them come on...and from a ground pounders stand point,it sure helps us to see the incoming plane.

EDIT: tankerguy's shots on post 2727 clearly show what im talin about with the lights on for a drop..

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    one other thing,tankerguy can tell if they do this state wide,or its just something i see up here,but usually the landing lights in the wing are on during a drop run,when they turn base to final for the drop run is when ive seen them come on...and from a ground pounders stand point,it sure helps us to see the incoming plane.

EDIT: tankerguy's shots on post 2727 clearly show what im talin about with the lights on for a drop..
    According to the Checklist on Approaching the Incident, Exterior Lights .... As Required
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

we gonna git a blue gel retardant option?..............

jest stiring da pot................
    Actually I have 12 versions of the textures used for the retardant.

Two are used in combination in the FX to give a sense of volume, texture and depth.

I have never seen other colors so cannot duplicate that. However. making a copy of existing and editing to change the hue should be easy enough.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yeah theyre landing lights (Wig Wag) style where they flash back and forth and theyre on from takeoff to landing! It improves visibility from other aircraft.

Those new drop effects look pretty realistic already!
    Sascha

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Those new drop effects look pretty realistic already!
    Sascha
    Thank you Sasha. They are much better than what I started with but not nearly as realistic as they can/should be.

Unfortunately, the FXEditor program does not show all the FX changes properly so the next improvements will come at a larger time investment than the 12 hours already invested.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Releasing Retardant

Really beautiful job on the S-2 Turbo. Thanks Milton,

I guess I missed something in the read me, but I can't figure out how to release that red retardant.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Really beautiful job on the S-2 Turbo. Thanks Milton,

I guess I missed something in the read me, but I can't figure out how to release that red retardant.

Thanks in advance
    The pre-release did not have the effect. I just recently installed the retardant drop mechanism and FX. Once we have the new panel grapics and gauges in place, all four of the S2T variants will be released, two tanker units with Garrett engines, civilian tanker with PT6A's, and military units with Garretts.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Bonjour

merci Milton, Nous voyons voler cette machine tous les étés à Perpignan pour la lutte incendie.
    Votre travail est remarquable
    amicalement
    Papy Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by SOUFFLET DANIEL View Post
    merci Milton, Nous voyons voler cette machine tous les étés à Perpignan pour la lutte incendie.
    amicalement
    Papy Daniel
    Hi Daniel,

I don't know what you said, but press the 'like' button anyway...

Blog Entries
    I can add wig wag lights to the FSX model as I have the XML controller for those lights, not sure about FS9 as I don't have FS9 installed on this laptop, I can provide the XML for conversion into the FS9 makemdl format. Since I'm on a holding pattern with the Dash 7 FSX conversion, I can take a crack at starting the X conversion of the 2T aircraft. Uncle Milton, what do you think?

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Is there going to be a civie version of these? no tanker or military just something to haul some cargo around it.
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

amicalement
    Papy Daniel

"thank you Milton, we see this machine fly every summer in Perpignan for firefighting.Your work is remarkable
    friendly
    Thank you Daniel; I hope to release the full package over the next 3-6 days. Have fun :-)

Daniel vous remercie, je l'espère, pour libérer le package complet au cours des 3-6 prochains jours. Amusez-vous
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    Hi Daniel,

I don't know what you said, but press the 'like' button anyway...

OK , sorry but where is le like button ???
    Daniel

OK , sorry but where is le like button ???
    Daniel
    Daniel, he was just kidding (being facetious). :-) Thank you for your comments.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    I can add wig wag lights to the FSX model as I have the XML controller for those lights, not sure about FS9 as I don't have FS9 installed on this laptop, I can provide the XML for conversion into the FS9 makemdl format.
    This would be fantastic! I once had a go at creating the effect by changing the timing within a new landing light fx cfg. Unfortunately they soon synchronized.
    As far as I know this effect doesn't exist for FS9 yet, it certainly would be a great enhancement!

My sincere apologies to Daniel, I was 'trying' to be sarcastic. Now I'm stuck with a red face... :redf:

Stuart

I can add wig wag lights to the FSX model as I have the XML controller for those lights, not sure about FS9 as I don't have FS9 installed on this laptop, I can provide the XML for conversion into the FS9 makemdl format. Since I'm on a holding pattern with the Dash 7 FSX conversion, I can take a crack at starting the X conversion of the 2T aircraft. Uncle Milton, what do you think?
    The FS9 models and packages will be different from the FSX packages for various reasons. There are actually 6 models on each side, total of 12 models.

I have not tested the tank retardant drop on the FSX side yet, and the panels, textures, and FM's are different. Not sure about the FX differences just yet.

Not going to rush these out because of all the differences; too easy to get my hands crossed here.

If you wish to send the xml code, I will look at the requirements and if reasonable add to the FS9 side. (BTW, who owns the copyright to that code? Will need permissions if used.)

I have a series of minor changes to make to the 6 models so would prefer to do these exports only once.

How is the Dash 7 native conversion going?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So happy to see this part of the Grumman project nearing its well deserved release.

Modeling excellence , exciting handling, fabulous work from our texture artists and now an incredible drop effect -massive improvement.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    Is there going to be a civie version of these? no tanker or military just something to haul some cargo around it.
    There is a civvie version of the C1A in the SOH library. Virtually the same aircraft.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=249&page=2
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Uncle Milton,

The Dash 7 conversion is on hold until Mike gets back at me with the final detail layers for the nacelle bump maps.

The XML for the wig wag lights were provided to me by Bill Leaming for my Bell 222 project, so credits go to him for that.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Uncle Milton,

The Dash 7 conversion is on hold until Mike gets back at me with the final detail layers for the nacelle bump maps.

The XML for the wig wag lights were provided to me by Bill Leaming for my Bell 222 project, so credits go to him for that.
    Thanks 350,

If you want to email the xml and any associated stuff, I'll check it out.

I will be making some minor changes to all the models tonight and Saturday morning and would like to incorporate in the CDF tankers, if you are okay with that.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here