KC Flight Shop`s Evektor Sport Star LSA released for sale!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KC Flight Shop`s Evektor Sport Star LSA released for sale!

KC Flight Shop`s Evektor Sport Star LSA released for sale!

The Evactor SportStar was the first aircraft to be certified Light Sport in U.S, a 100HP Rotax engine powers the two seat LSA. The Sport Star’s roomy cockpit, exceptional performance, and unmatched visibility make it truly a pilot’s aircraft designed to make flying affordable and accessible. </SPAN>

The KCFS Evektor Sport Star is designed to meet the same criteria of accessibility and affordability. Performance optimized for use in all computers within dense scenery the package offers 5 high detail texture sets , complete compatibility with all hardware, shared cockpit functions and a custom GNS system with true to life versatility . </SPAN>

The Evactor Sport Star produced by the KC Flight Shop, a team of leading professionals to introduce high detail simulations at low cost, renditions of aircraft tested and produced with the cooperation of pilot owners for the flight sim community, and like the LSA affordable and easy to fly .</SPAN>

Visit the KC Flight Shop for complete details http://www.kcflightshop.com/</SPAN>

Please enjoy, and im really looking forward to everyone's screen shots!

Kevin "Gibbage" Miller
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Interesting, great price as well!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbage View Post
    The Evactor Sport Star produced by the KC Flight Shop,
    Please enjoy
    Downloading as we speak. Love the plane, hate the distribution methode. The installers of FSD are very sensitive, and causing a lot of trouble on my system. Old returning errors like:
    Error 32: The path to your critical FS X configuration file dll.xml could not be located.
    This will prevent configuration of the driver necessary to run the aircraft systems properly. You may experience problems operating the avionics instruments.
    Files unpacked successfully

Error 82:Error 100 while attempting to record computer data on server:
    You have entered the wrong password and/or license ID number in the license activation dialog box. Please check the data and try again
    Begin shortcut creation
    Error 84:4 Start menu shortcuts could not be created.

Error 32 causing that GPS 480 not to function (the 430 is mentioned in the promo's btw) I think I wanna replace it with RXP stuff anyway.
    Anneke

Sorry about the 430 mistake. I could not get a 430GPS package without braking the bank. It would of increased the price tag a LOT. FSD gave us a great deal, but wont be our only distributer. Let me know if you get any errors.

FSD has a web tool to figure out the error codes if you get any.
    http://www.fsd-international.com/support/index.htm
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Let me know if you get any errors.
    I just mentioned them in the above post. Did a full deinstall and reinstall. All security measures like AV, Firewall were off, however error 32 is persistant. What needs to be written to the dll.xml to make the avionice/GPS function. It's now a big black hole in de VC.

Some other tidbits.
    -Is that really the sound of a Rotax 912 100 hp? That's not what I hear in my Eurofox. It's way too heavy sounding?
    -Were's the parking break?
    -The Rotax has a automatic carburator. How's that simulated?
    -No parking stuff like chocks? No male pilot?

BTW a very nice plane!
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    I just mentioned them in the above post. Did a full deinstall and reinstall. All security measures like AV, Firewall were off, however error 32 is persistant. What needs to be written to the dll.xml to make the avionice/GPS function. It's now a big black hole in de VC.

Some other tidbits.
    -Is that really the sound of a Rotax 912 100 hp? That's not what I hear in my Eurofox. It's way too heavy sounding?

BTW a very nice plane!
    Ill get with Tim about the error 32. I will see what I can do about that. I dont have the sound equipment to record the Rotax from the SportStar, but it is a Rotax sound pack. The parking brake is below the pilots seat and out of view, so I didnt model it. If more users find it an issue, I will add it in a patch. Here is a photo of the parking brake in the real SportStar that I flew for the testing.

The Rotax is modelled using standard FSX parameters for carbs and icing. Wheel chocks are a good idea and we may add it in a patch.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

BTW a very nice plane!
    Attachment 44859
    Paste this text into your dll.xml file

<LAUNCH.ADDON>Should fix your GPS problem. The DLL needs to run for the GPS to work.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Congrats!

Congratulations on your first release KCFlight Shop! I'm glad that I could be a part of it, and I think you've created a great little LSA!

Some other tidbits.

BTW a very nice plane!
    The problem you are experiencing is being caused by Windows not allowing the installer sufficient permissions to create a backup file for your dll.xml file. This can be caused by a number of things in your operating system, which cannot always be handled by an installation program. For example, it is often not as simple is turning your security programs "off". Many of them require that the entire service be shut off. There could also be Windows folder permissions errors, and this is often effected by where on your hard drive you are running the installer from. Also, trying to run the installer via the Internet can cause this kind of issue.

What needs to be written to the dll.xml file is in the attachment (because posting data with tags cannot be done here).
    <LAUNCH.ADDON>
    <NAME>That should clear the problem up.

Hi guys, much appreciated! I really would like to see all elements modeled, especially when it's part of ground handling procedures etc. Besides who doesn't want a nice bright yellow parking brake handle

Furthermore, the choke acts as a primer. In my setup I have a choke which can be locked and it regulates fuel flow on cold days. That does not seem to be modeled. And still what about the rotax automatic fuel regulation? Just tick the automatic mixture in FS setup?

I think it's a promising model but it needs these extra features to make it outstanding.

Off testing the avionics!
    Anneke

Figures, the only way to purchase is with a Credit/Debit card right now and my Bank requires that I use some ridiculous "Security Code" before it will allow the process to continue. I input my current info and it says that's not what corresponds to their info so no purchase. Simmarket does the same thing, so I just quit using their site to purchase and go with ones that don't require the security code or that I can use Pay Pal with. Sorry guys no purchase.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Figures, the only way to purchase is with a Credit/Debit card right now and my Bank requires that I use some ridiculous "Security Code" before it will allow the process to continue. I input my current info and it says that's not what corresponds to their info so no purchase. Simmarket does the same thing, so I just quit using their site to purchase and go with ones that don't require the security code or that I can use Pay Pal with. Sorry guys no purchase.:salute:
    You can use PayPal to purchase the SportStar.

Hi guys, much appreciated! I really would like to see all elements modeled, especially when it's part of ground handling procedures etc. Besides who doesn't want a nice bright yellow parking brake handle

Furthermore, the choke acts as a primer. In my setup I have a choke which can be locked and it regulates fuel flow on cold days. That does not seem to be modeled. And still what about the rotax automatic fuel regulation? Just tick the automatic mixture in FS setup?

I think it's a promising model but it needs these extra features to make it outstanding.

Off testing the avionics!
    Ill see if we can get the parking brake in on a service pack or patch. I dont think it would be too hard to make it. Just have to find some room on the texture sheet! The choke operation on the SportStar was a pump or two as needed on cold days, then locked in flight. Its even in the check list to CLOSE before take-off. When you close it, you twist it a little to lock it in. The owners manual is included in the PDF.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Hi Kevin, Roger that. Much appreciated.

Tidbit's:
    - what about the automatic mixture?
    - I miss the air vents in the canopy. Will these be modeled in an upcoming patch?
    - I don't see the strobe/nav lights during day and/or night.
    Anneke

Please understand that with the price point were it is, we cant model every system modeled and simulated like a PMDG product. With that said, we will look into things like the vents on the canopy, and we will fix the nav lights/strobe. The carb on the KCFS SportStar is using the standard FSX engine system.

Hi Kevin, Roger that. Much appreciated.

Tidbit's:
    - what about the automatic mixture?
    - I miss the air vents in the canopy. Will these be modeled in an upcoming patch?
    - I don't see the strobe/nav lights during day and/or night.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

A quick note on the lighting question...
    There is a known 'bug' regarding lights on the wing being visible from the VC. If the wingspan is short enough the effect dies about 50' AGL. I had the same issue on the Thorp.
    Regards,
    Robert

Thanks for the heads up on that. I hopped into FSX to check the lights and was at KRTN (Renton Int) and its only about 16' AGL and I could only see the nav/stobes when the camera was in front of the aircraft. I just took the SportStar up, and the same thing happens at 1500ft. So its a bug with our aircraft we will work on fixing ASAP. There are a few other small things we will also address. If anyone finds any other bugs, feel free to send them too admin AT kcflightshop dot com and I will get them on our SP1 list!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

I don't ask for PDMG. But there's a difference between eye candy only and system depth ala PDMG/A2A. This is a 'simple' LSA. The flight dynamics seem more than okay. However it lacks certain things. If these are deliberate deign choices, that's fine. However mention them and give arguments for the lack of. And IMO price tag is only one argument. I'm willing to pay more than 15 dollars if it's a 'complete' aircraft (that is which I recognize from reality) that there isn't custom coded damage handling that's okay with regard to this price tag.

Moreover if you find my remarks 'meddling' or not constructive, i'll shut up.
    It's only that I love these little planes and want them to be even greater and more complete.
    Anneke

Moreover if you find my remarks 'meddling' or not constructive, i'll shut up.
    It's only that I love these little planes and want them to be even greater and more complete.
    I understand your points and in many cases fully agree with him! When we started the SportStar, our goal was to make a 15$ product simply because the price of add-on's was getting insane, and felt that pilots would really enjoy a simple aircraft for a great price. Ultimately, we didnt build a simple aircraft since, well, this is a hobby. You dont half-ass hobby projects, and we put in a LOT more detail then we expected, but still kept it at 15$ since that was our goal.

So far many of your suggestions have been very good. In no way did I feel it was meddling!!! I like the chawks, parking brakes, and also the canopy vents idea you came up with. Very simple to fix and I think will add that detail to make it a complete aircraft! Just understand that there are some things that we simply dont have the budget to do, like custom sound sets and custom engine modeling.

If you find any more things you think that would make this aircraft better, please post them! Just understand we cant do everything. Also, these type of suggestions help me decide on future features on the NEXT project, so not only will you help me on the SportStar, but on the next one.

This goes for EVERYONE that reads this post. This is our first product, and I want to know feedback. But please make it constructive and understand that there are limits to what can be added. </SPAN>

Thanks again Anneke! Keep up the good work.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Congrats Kevin!!I enjoyed your interview on "TenMinuteTaxi" as well.Cheers!

Patrick

I just took the SportStar up, and the same thing happens at 1500ft. So its a bug with our aircraft we will work on fixing ASAP.
    Kevin, it might not be a "bug" in your aircraft at all. There's a missing parameter in the default FSX Cameras.CFG file that, when added eliminates this problem...

It's certainly worth a shot to see if it fixes this for you as well!

..\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Cameras.CFG
    [CameraDefinition.002]
    Title = Virtual Cockpit
    Guid = {C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}
    Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit view.
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    ClipMode=Minimum
    MomentumEffect = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.7
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=30
    HeadingPanRate=75
    PanAcceleratorTime=0
    HotKeySelect=1
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Kevin, it might not be a "bug" in your aircraft at all. There's a missing parameter in the default FSX Cameras.CFG file that, when added eliminates this problem...

Tks! This is what I love about the FS community! Ill look into this and see what can be done on my end. If the fix is in the appdata, we may not be able to fix it. Ill see if there are some model side fixes like moving the emitters further away from the aircraft to prevent the clipping.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post

Good info. I checked mine and that line is there. I remember Robert mentioning that when he released his "Thorp". Yet when I flew it for the first few times, I remember it wasn't a problem for me, irregardless of the altitude.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Good info. I checked mine and that line is there. I remember Robert mentioning that when he released his "Thorp". Yet when I flew it for the first few times, I remember it wasn't a problem for me, irregardless of the altitude.:salute:
    Well, it also solves a few other problems as well, such as landing/taxi light "blooms" showing up in the aft cockpit on the T-38A... :ernae:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Attachment 45002
    Early morning, above Concrete.
    She's a beauty ain't she..
    Anneke

Members who have read this thread: 1