FSX playing silly buggers

Thread: FSX playing silly buggers

FSX playing silly buggers

Here's a fun one I haven't encountered before, in free flight I set up a flight, and hit fly now. Everything loads fine except when I enter the game engine the a/c has spawned somewhere other than the selected airport, just above either water or ground, which leads to the corresponding splash/crash and reload. This becomes a vicious cycle where I only have enough time to get to the end flight button some of the time :-s

Anyone had or heard of this one before?
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

Ok panic over lol found it to be CumulusX causing whatever the problem is! Now to figure out why
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

I've had that vicious cycle happen before if I've saved a flight too near a scenery object. The best way I found to break the cycle is to hit the slew key as soon as the loading screen reaches 100% but before the actual flight screen comes up. You've got about a one second window there usually. Then, the flight loads in slew mode where you won't crash and can move the plane to a safe location. I know this doesn't solve your original problem, but if the cycle starts again, give this a try.
    I hope you get your problem with CumulusX sorted. Good luck.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.