Hellcat redo

Thread: Hellcat redo

Blog Entries

Hellcat redo

Someone suggested I start a new thread on this subject as he deemed my posting in another thread nont in consonance with the subject at hand there (Ito's Bv 138 re-do project)l...
    I am working on demirroring and accurizing the livery of one of the very few Hellcats that sported a sharkmouth livery in the SouthPac Theater during WW2.

Presently, I am working on its cockpit - trying to do a close to "real" layout...
    Attachment 44328

That does look quite good already. Which base zip file will this be for ?? As for posting it in the other thread, it is probably better for overall reference if each is treated individually. Especially as threads get longer and time moves on it makes finding things easier. Just my 2 centsStefan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    That does look quite good already. Which base zip file will this be for ?? As for posting it in the other thread, it is probably better for overall reference if each is treated individually. Especially as threads get longer and time moves on it makes finding things easier. Just my 2 centsStefan
    The file it will be for: MK_TBM1_Avenger.zip

which I am intent on redoing the textures also... as soon as I finish the cockpit

Looks really nice!

T.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    I think I am on a roll! a barrel roll at that... progress continues... I think I should be done with it pretty soon...
    Attachment 44353

Wow great job it's coming along nicely.

T.

Blog Entries

The slow tedious work of coloring goes on

Quote Originally Posted by SgtT View Post
    Wow great job it's coming along nicely.

T.
    Progress continues... but close to finishing...
    Attachment 44456

Question

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    The file it will be for: MK_TBM1_Avenger.zip

which I am intent on redoing the textures also... as soon as I finish the cockpit
    What file is that? Where is it available? All my searches come up empty.

The title of this thread implies a Hellcat redo, but the filename you give implies an Avenger. Two different aircraft?

The work itself looks gorgeous, tho'. Wish I had that kind of talent. Thank You.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Blog Entries

Sorry....

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    What file is that? Where is it available? All my searches come up empty.

The title of this thread implies a Hellcat redo, but the filename you give implies an Avenger. Two different aircraft?

The work itself looks gorgeous, tho'. Wish I had that kind of talent. Thank You.
    Sorry... the file is: vf27catmouth.zip

I have yet to start the refinement of the aircraft textures... but it won't be long

Blog Entries

hellcat redo

Sorry... the file is: vf27catmouth.zip

I have yet to start the refinement of the aircraft textures... but it won't be long
    I am sort of disorganizedly organized... I have not finished the 2D panel yet, and have started on a profile (which I will use to revise the textures of the hellcat also)... Like I want to do two many things... still have not finished the Bv 138 project...lol
    but it gives me pleasure to work on the graphics... here is the start of the texture redo and a profile too...Attachment 44704

Blog Entries

Finally!

I am sort of disorganizedly organized... I have not finished the 2D panel yet, and have started on a profile (which I will use to revise the textures of the hellcat also)... Like I want to do two many things... still have not finished the Bv 138 project...lol
    but it gives me pleasure to work on the graphics... here is the start of the texture redo and a profile too...Attachment 44704
    Finally was able to get back to the cockpit and finish the texture...
    Now I can get on with the sharkmouth textures... which won't take that long... (have been collaborating with a couple of projects... an italian fighter - the F-5 Vizzola - and a WWI Fokker... which I still need to work on...)

Attachment 46237

Attachment 46238 Attachment 46239

Nice Job Gaucho! and great to see another profile artist! :salute:

Blog Entries

Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    Nice Job Gaucho! and great to see another profile artist! :salute:
    I follow your repaints and have worked on many of them for my own models... I would like to share my work too... but I am not to savvy on the stuff to post repaints or acft or panels... kinda new at this stuff... although I did aeronautical illustrations back in the early and mid-90s... If interested in profiles... check my site:
    http://westwood.fortunecity.com/chanel/132/index.html

(which I should update with my latest work after I returned from Korea... I had a lapse of some 7 seven years while working in Germany, Hawaii, Korea and Germany again where I did no illustrations at all... )

Members who have read this thread: 0