Airwolf meets FSX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airwolf meets FSX

Charter Member 2015

Airwolf meets FSX

Just came across this video on the Tube ...definitely worth viewing Choose the 720p HD version

[YOUTUBE]668ke3GNN4E[/YOUTUBE]
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

WOW...that was great. Just need a bowl of popcorn and the full length movie.

kilo delta,

What model is that? Where can I get it?

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Eoraptor1 View Post
    kilo delta,

What model is that? Where can I get it?

JAMES
    According to the video link it's "Alan Devins' FS9 Airwolf with retexture by Aaron Ensor"

The aircraft can be found at Avsim...look for filename
    airwolf_s.a._v1.1.zip
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    According to the video link it's "Alan Devins' FS9 Airwolf with retexture by Aaron Ensor"

The aircraft can be found at Avsim...look for filename
    airwolf_s.a._v1.1.zip
    Got it!!!! Thanks, kilo delta.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

It's certainly workable, but pretty rough by current standards. There are open gaps in the VC, possibly partially fixed by tweaking the viewpoint, but not entirely. The soundfile has to go. From the exterior it's like most but from the interior, it's got this annoying whine that becomes irritating after the first loop has played, lol. The exterior textures are "one-ups", in other words, everything is mirrored. . .so putting any fancy lettering, images, logos, placards, etc is a no go. The main rotor and tail rotor need replacing or at least some tweaking to get rid of the solid disc appearance. The interior, especially the main VC panel could use a serious upgrade and a lot of the gauges are '98 style gauges which don't work in FSX. I will say though, the FDE is pretty solid considering the speed this chopper flies at. I've had some that claimed speeds of above 150/170 kias and would become uncontrollable before it ever reached that speed. This baby stays rock steady above 200kts.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

theres a fsx payware airwolf package out,

out of a lot of reviews, there wasnt many nice comments about, it copped a hammering at hovercontrol

On this webpage, they have modded the Airwolf model to make it fly real fast.... REAL fast. And it's still an helicopter flight model, not a tweaked "ultra-flaps" jet plane flight model.
    http://www.airwolfprojectx.com/news.php

I wish somebody would create a good, native FSX with great VC Airwolf model someday...

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    On this webpage, they have modded the Airwolf model to make it fly real fast.... REAL fast. And it's still an helicopter flight model, not a tweaked "ultra-flaps" jet plane flight model.
    http://www.airwolfprojectx.com/news.php

I wish somebody would create a good, native FSX with great VC Airwolf model someday...
    Downloaded that one a bit ago and here's what I see. The viewpoint is still messed up, leaving what appears to be a space that runs horizontally through the chopper. The Rotors still need to be replaced. The sound is basically better than the original, but now there's a pause in the sound (probably a poor job of matching the loop), so that needs to be replaced. The VC has been changed but not by much, it really needs to be redone so that all the gauges are visible. I haven't checked the textures yet, but it appears that they have stayed the same from the original so everything is mirrored.

Still a workable model, nothing that higher res textures couldn't fix, a swap in soundfiles, and one of Banana Bob's rotor updates.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Charter Member 2015
    I may be wrong, but I believe that Euroastar 350 may be including an Airwolf in his forthcoming B222 package for FSX?

Also..there's another (payware) Airwolf available from AFS Design...though it's a portover too

I may be wrong, but I believe that Euroastar 350 may be including an Airwolf in his forthcoming B222 package for FSX?
    That would be awesome. His work is top notch.

. . . .Also..there's another (payware) Airwolf available from AFS Design...though it's a portover too
    Yea, I give this guys work a wide berth, not worth spending any money on.

I've looked a bit deeper into the AirwolfX package mentioned above and along with the things I mentioned, while the Airwolf does have a VC, there are no gauges attached to it, lol. It's just a bitmap of panel. Oddly enough though, via FSPanel Studio, that bitmap is available when you load the VC Section, so you can place gauges directly on the bitmap and have them in the sim.

I still see the viewpoint as the main problem though because in order to lose the unsightly gap you have to move the view forward and by the time the space is gone you're right up against the panel and hitting the (-)minus key to zoom out gives you this weird "fish-eye" view, lol.

Current System Specs:

Indeed Falcon !
    But I mentionned this model ONLY for its flight model. That's what makes it an "interesting" Airwolf, because although it remains an helicopter (and not a plane with super flaps), it can fly reeeeaaaaally fast ! As fast as a jet, in fact.

Yep, well this one has gone they way of other "One-Timers", lol. In the trash. I've already got a terrific Heli that does over 300kias (The Pyro). This Airwolf just has too many things wrong with it to bother.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Also..there's another (payware) Airwolf available from AFS Design...though it's a portover too
    The airwolf will not be included in the base release. We are looking into getting permission from CBS to create an airwolf and how it might work out. It is possible that we can create one, release it, but not use the airwolf name, and things might be fine. But we'll do our research first!

The model by AFS is a fictional airwolf and not like the "original" was. It didn't even get good ratings on the product page.

Blog Entries
    We were actually going to help Airwolf Project X with a new visual model, they never bothered contacting us again.

We are very cautious right now if we are to make a new visual model. IF we can get the proper permissions from NBC/Universal Pictures, then we'll make a new visual model based on our current Bell 222 mesh to be released as a separate expansion from the 222 series.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    We were actually going to help Airwolf Project X with a new visual model, they never bothered contacting us again.

We are very cautious right now if we are to make a new visual model. IF we can get the proper permissions from NBC/Universal Pictures, then we'll make a new visual model based on our current Bell 222 mesh to be released as a separate expansion from the 222 series.
    Thanks, good information. A proper Airwolf would be a great addition. . ."If", lol.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Charter Member 2015
    I'd like to see an fsx'd Airwolf, but I won't hold my breath when it comes to seeking and receiving permission from the copyright holders. I'll be happy out with the standard B222

Actually, a fellow modeler already had spent months on an FSX Native Airwolf, only to finally not get permission from the owners of the copyright.

They were more than willing to license their IP for a $10,000 downpayment, then some rediculously high percentage of the sales.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Actually, a fellow modeler already had spent months on an FSX Native Airwolf, only to finally not get permission from the owners of the copyright.

They were more than willing to license their IP for a $10,000 down payment, then some ridiculously high percentage of the sales.
    . . . . .aaaaaand there you have it. . . . .a bit ridiculous to be sure but not surprising.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    . . . . .aaaaaand there you have it. . . . .a bit ridiculous to be sure but not surprising.
    I think these folks in the "Real World" seriously overestimate the sales potential for FS models...

I mean, even Cessna has required Eaglesoft to pay a small percentage of gross sales each quarter. At least they didn't require a "downpayment..." :isadizzy:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Blog Entries

6foot RC airwolf complete with working guns and a miniture turbin

Found these videos on the tube....Checked the web site for the chopper and you can even get a working dash with it.....Damn wheres Dom when you need him....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8toAdky0ME8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RKbFPKOvF9U

Blog Entries
    Airwolf as portrayed was an awesome chopper ( own the entire series ), but yeah, the copyright owners on it have always been impossible to deal with..

Blog Entries
    Well, I downloaded and installed Airwolf X last night.. First impressions are mixed.. Version 2 is definitely better than Version 1 visually, but the VC could still use some TLC. I'm not really qualified to say anything about how it flies. Its a chopper and therefore different from anything ive ever worked on. But it does sit flat in a hover. After that it can get a little strange for me, but thats probably because i dont know how to fly it more than anything else.

I wonder?? Since this is a freeware model, and since its made by fans, doesnt that fall under the fair use laws?? As long as its freeware, Universal shouldnt have a single word to say to anyone except a big thank you to all its supporters for loving the show.

Blog Entries

Their is also one from Project X....seems to be pretty good....They are always working on improving it........Its a free download....

www.airwolfprojectx.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14YnJ...yer_detailpage

Blog Entries

Building airwolf

If anyone knows somone who does quality work on sim Helos.....I have photos of Airwolf, i took on set of airwolf...I have both exterier and interier shots.....Espically the dash and controls.....Used them to build an RC airwolf.....Mr.Borgnine gave me a tour of the helo....Great ship...and a great man who will always be missed