Anyone use the Helipads?

Thread: Anyone use the Helipads?

Anyone use the Helipads?

I was just wondering if those people that use my PNW scenery, use the helipads? The reason I ask is that the time required to model the hospitals (which seem to be designed by someone with a penchant for multi roofs and numerous additions) is way more involved than the buildings at the float bases. Additionally trying to find good images as a basis for creating the models and the textures are (if available at all) very limited.

Regards, Mike Mann

Mike ......... As a draftsman for some 35 years ............. Hospitals are usually designed in stages or additions as needed. It's usually done in a random manner . thats why it looks that way. The floor plan after 5 or 6 addons is usually a nightmare.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

I dont have the PNW scenery but regularly use the downtown helipads on the river at FTX Melbourne and the Auckland Hospital, ANZ tower and Westpac rescue Centre in Godzone Auckland scenery. I appreciate they must be hard work to model but gosh, they're fun!

LPXO

Use HC Oregon helipads quite frequently when my Helo simulator is set up

LouP

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I use the helo pads all the time in FTX. My USCG/CCG Helo's would be lonely without helo pads. It also makes for fun when doing a transport ship to hospital on shore. PNW WX is the challenge. I know some hospitals have there Pads on the ground around the ER's. Those type provide a hot direct drop off and faster treatment time in the golden hour vs the roof and elevator system's.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

After also posting a similar thread topic at Hovercontrol, I have received enough positive responses to realize that people are using the heliports. Consequently I will continue to include the heliports with my future float base projects. Many thanks to those who took the time to respond to this thread.

Regards, Mike Mann