Another Bill Lyons Tripacer question

Thread: Another Bill Lyons Tripacer question

Another Bill Lyons Tripacer question

I've had Bill Lyons Tripacer in my FS9 install forever but never tried the outside animations before. Opening the cowl ,checking oil etc. I decided to try them and none work. I have the realisiem sliders to full realisem ,but the mouse curser never changes to a hand like for the inside cockpit animations, which all pretty much work ok. I can't change the tape player music without a CTD but thats to be expected with my older vid card,and no big deal. I also can only bring up the default GPS by the usual way ,shift plus (I think 4 or 5,not sure) .I can click on the GPS on the seat and it comes on but it's too small to read. The arrows I can also only bring up with the shift plus a number I don't rememer right now.
    All other in cockpit animations work as advertised, but the main thing I was wondering is why none of the exterior animations work? As I said the mouse cursor never turns to a hand anywhere and you can click all you want on the hotspots but they don't work.
    This is no big deal as I've had other planes that the animations don't work but also many which do like Bill's Tiger Moths which opens and close the cowling and put the pilot in the cockpit ok.
    Any ideas why the exterior animations don't work?

You may have to set up keys in the Assignments? Just a thought.

You need to exit via the cockpit then walk round to rear left hand engine cover catch.

William
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nope didn't work

Nope that doesn't work for me,I assume the mouse cursor has to change to a hand and it doesn't and you can click all day with the cursor as an arrow and nothing, as for assignments, there are no assignments for opening the cowl or checking oil etc. maybe it's just my old computer, even Bills Tiger Moths are now hard to close the cowls, before it was fairly easy with my Ch Throttle quad ,button set to exit ,now for some reason that only makes the pilot appear and disappear ,you have to hit shift+e+2 over and over till finally the panels close.
    Bill made beautiful planes and scenery but the animations , at least on my computer don't work as advertised.

Flaky controller signals or even keyboard keys will make multi key animation go bonkers. For example if SHIFT+E+3 is needed to open or close a hatch these three keys have to come in clean succession. Any flicker of a signal from a controller button or axis just in that moment interrupts the sequence.Try using a single key instead of the Shift+ for example just the U key for exits. You still need u+1, u+2 etc but it generally works better.Stefan

thanks

I'll give useing U a try thanks.

that worked

changing the exit to U worked , it even opens the cowl on the TriPacer and put the ladder and oil drum up ,although it didn't enable checking the oil or checking the fuel sump, I can live with that. Thankyou

Bill Lyon's cool animations

I too am a big fan of Bill Lyon's stuff, but also had never tried some of the exterior animations.

As William said, if you leave the VC of the Luscombe or the Tri-Pacer via a door and move to the port side engine cowl you should be able to open the cowl by clicking on the catch. You can also check the oil by clicking up in the top right hand corner of the open engine bay.

I moved around outside the aircraft by using the 1 to 9 keys on the Num pad.I think this method only works if you have Active Camera installed, but I'm not sure.

P.S. I have had another look at this and found that if you click on the 'Virtual plus' line on the yellow post-it note in the Tri-Pacer VC [ no 5 or 6 I think], you will be able to navigate around the outside of the a/c with four directional arrows that pop up in the top left of your screen.This also brings the up the ladder and oil drum.I had to zoom in on the post-it note because of its small size.

Stuart :salute:

cursor stays an arrow

If I try that my cursor stays an arrow and does not change into a hand like it does inside the cockpit. I (by changeing the exit to U) I get the oil drum and the cowl opens but can't check the oil or drain the fuel sump and the towing rig does not show up. I don't really need this stuff jut happy that thanks to Sunny it's now much easier to open and close the cowl not only on the Tripacer but the Tiger Moth too. Havent tried any other outside animations on other planes, as of yet.

ok got everything to work

Although I don't have active camera I got everythig to work except the towing rig by doing as you said. It's not real easy to do it but it does work .I could open the cowl, check the oil and drain the fuel sump. Only problem is , the only way to get back to cockpit mode is reset the flight which sometimes causes the sim to crash and I have to start over.

Members who have read this thread: 0