Old MiG Revival: CS MiG-21 UM and AS MiG-25

Thread: Old MiG Revival: CS MiG-21 UM and AS MiG-25

Blog Entries

Old MiG Revival: CS MiG-21 UM and AS MiG-25

Hello,

Didn't think this would would work at all ... looks pretty good though!

Attachment 43825

Attachment 43826

What's the black polygon on the port side? Any way to fix that?

Next up (and I know we just had a FSX native Foxbat, but the repaints for this were so good, and the general structure of the VC still nice enough, that I'd like to bring this one back to life ....

Attachment 43827Attachment 43828

Will look to do a full gauge replacement (none of the stock gauges work). Ditto on the '21.

Questions:

1) Has anyone already ported these over? Am happy to tackle this, but not if it's already been done.

2) The MiG-25 (like other port overs) has that "AB on all the time when lights are on" problem. Definitely a pattern here. Anyone have a fix for that? It's not a matter of subbing out a new effect - that, or any effect, stays on all the time when the lights are on.

Stay tuned ...

dl

I was looking at the MiG-25 the other night when evaluating gauges to find a new Attitude gauge for the MiG-21 F-13 in FSX. They all came across as FS98 variety and FSX didn't want anything to do with them. (as an aside, when looking at what was presented as a attitude gauge for a Soviet fighter I can't believe we got away with that).

The gauge set in the Alphasim MiG-23 are all xml based and do work in FSX but that one is not freeware (won't be either, at least not with those gauges included). If someone has both the Alphasim MiG-23 and MiG-25 you could rebuild the MiG-25 panel using MiG-23 gauges. There is also an Su-7 by Mehlin Rainer that came out last year or the year before with xml based Russian style gauges.

Hope this helps.
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Next up (and I know we just had a FSX native Foxbat, but the repaints for this were so good, and the general structure of the VC still nice enough, that I'd like to bring this one back to life ....

Questions:

1) Has anyone already ported these over? Am happy to tackle this, but not if it's already been done.

2) The MiG-25 (like other port overs) has that "AB on all the time when lights are on" problem. Definitely a pattern here. Anyone have a fix for that? It's not a matter of subbing out a new effect - that, or any effect, stays on all the time when the lights are on.
    dl
    And you get the 2 cockpit model as well.
    ported, yes, very well, gauges problem as you state
    AB----I have an update that works but I'm checking, it was released about 3 and 1/2 years ago.
    There are 2 or more updates available, I think.
    <CENTER>FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Modern Military</CENTER><CENTER>FS2004 MiG-25 Afterburner Effects Update
    </CENTER><CENTER>[ Download | View ] </CENTER>
    Name: foxbt_ab.zip Size: 579,271 Date: 01-11-2008 Downloads: 1,104
    FS2004 MiG-25 Afterburner Effects Update. This is an afterburner effects update for the payware Alphasim MiG-25 Foxbat model. Should also work with FSX. By Bry Hardee.

it works in FSX
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Question

AB screenys, AB works properly

How do I change the position of the engine smoke? It is now coming from the left wingtip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Blog Entries
    Hello WC,On my iPhone, so can't give a detailed fix. Check the coordinates of the smoke effect. There should be one for each engine, and should correlate to the AB effect coordinates only slightly aft.I personally disable smoke effects - usually helps with fps, plus it's my contribution to lowering my carbon footprint .... Ps: are your AB working properly (as in, NOT when the engines are below max throttle) and lights are on? That, rather than a particular effect is my problem - though those effects look good ....

Blog Entries
    OK - had a quick try - I have no smoke on mine - but also had taken them out, so I cannot even see where they were originally located.

Tried the new AB effects - love them .... but they're on all the time. This problem is getting ridiculous ....

dl

DL----
    agree on taking out smoke
    I'll check my aircraft cfg or panel.cfg for the reason your AB is on all the time.
    My AB works fine.
    I know there is a solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In FSX MS changed the order of the co-ordinates so they represented the way all the other co-ordinates work. From memory I think you swap the last two figures around - something like that....

Blog Entries
    In my trolling for Russian gauges, I stumbled across this ...

Je-166 /File Link/ | Rating: 5! FS2004 Aircrafts

- Screenshot 1
    - Screenshot 2
    Fighter Pilot E-166 for FS 2004, but suitable for FSX. Good VC quality visual model dynamics. 2D bar none. Sounds - Should be installed in a model E-152 M.
    <SMALL>
    Translation from Russian by </SMALL>
    » Date: 2 years ago (09.07.2009 00:37 MSK)
    » Author: pepekcepek
    » Uploaded by: pepekcepek (uploaded 2 files)
    » Approved by moderator: lkn
    » License: License file included in archive

For those who think it is a Mig-21, it is not, at least not exactly .... it could have been it's higher performance successor ...

http://www.testpilot.ru/russia/mikoyan/e/152/e152_e.htm

I love the fact that there is very little difference in diameter between the inlet and the exhaust pipe ...

thanks muchly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members +
    Blog Entries
    What airfield scenery is that behind the 25UB? Or whatever a trainer FOXBAT is

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    What airfield scenery is that behind the 25UB? Or whatever a trainer FOXBAT is
    That, my good man, is a MiG-25PU, and the shot was taken at Sarmellek, ICAO LSHM - available here: http://www.lhsimulations.hu/?page_id=41&lang=en&did=4

Screens here: http://www.lhsimulations.hu/?page_id=146&lang=en

Lovely scenery - of similar caliber to AFG, Jim Dehaens, Stinstrom, RFH, etc. Great detail, easy on FPS.

A must have, for sure.

dl

Blog Entries
    So, no ideas on the black polygon in the screenshot in the first post??

any help would be most appreciated.....

thanks,

dl