Dino's T-45C version 2.00 (released) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dino's T-45C version 2.00 (released)

Just got done test flying and what a fun time. This is one of my favorite aircraft and Dino's is the only one I have ever flown. Here is a screen shot NAS Pensacola and Pensacola Beach, someplace I know very well in the real world. This is with REX2 and TileProxy, I only wish I had more computer power.

Attachment 44426

Dino, fantastic bird. I especially enjoy the retro paints celebrating their anniversary. I just need to figure out how to stop her from staying in a continous bank that eventually spirals into the ground. It's not your model, its something not working right with Simtouch.

Matt

Instructor cockpit incoming... and a note to repainters (if any)

Thanks for your appreciation and support!

FYI due to a couple of (unusually) rainy days, I've been working on the instructor cockpit, too.

Since the two cockpits are similar but not identical, in order to optimize texture usage there will be changes in the VC texture layout.
    External texture layout will not be changed.

As for the missing LAW and BINGO sound, these are lower priorities for me at the moemnt. I'll see what I can do...but these may not be present in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zibell View Post
    Holy flying potatoes, I'm gonna go NUTS.
    Never knew that they could fly... I learn something new everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Never knew that they could fly... I learn something new everyday.
    You just have to throw them really hard and they'll fly like a... potato.

By the way,

I am interested to find :

Any "Virtual Us Navy" web site equivalent to the "Royale French Navy"
    web site that play US Navy "CarQuals" ( Carrier Qualifications ) with
    Dino's T-45 Goshawk on virtual aircraft carriers.

A detailed "step by step" tutorial for beginners, explaining how to install
    Javier Fernandez's USS Nimitz with fonctionnal catapult and arrestor
    cables on FSX.

This seems to be very complex !

Thanks for any help about that !

VaporZ

425th Alouette MAS and VMA214 MAV VA Squadron
    Look into your PM
    Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post
    By the way,I am interested to find :1.Any "Virtual Us Navy" web site equivalent to the "Royale French Navy"web site that play US Navy "CarQuals" ( Carrier Qualifications ) with Dino's T-45 Goshawk on virtual aircraft carriers.2. A detailed "step by step" tutorial for beginners, explaining how to installJavier Fernandez's USS Nimitz with fonctionnal catapult and arrestor cables on FSX.This seems to be very complex !Thanks for any help about that !VaporZ

Thanks letourn !
    :ernae:
    VaporZ

Quote Originally Posted by thetford569 View Post
    That is John Stinstrom and Jim Dhahens scenery of NAS Meridian (KNMM). The AI T-45s are from the MAIW Meridian T-45s package at http://www.militaryaiworks.com

Brandon
    Thanks!
    Visit my website www.scale-aviation.com

I Have No Cockpit Glass (Either)

Quote Originally Posted by letourn View Post
    Really Nice and fun bird to fly!

Thanks a lot Dino and everyone who work with you...but i do have a little problem no cockpit glass are showing

Any idea?

let
    Great model, but I'm getting a hell of a wind blast. Did I miss the fix for this? Can anyone please help? Thanks for a great plane Dino....TIA for any assist.

Edit - Forgot to say that I'm running Win7 64 bit with a 6550 AMD card and 'new' 11.7 driver. (Had the same issue with 11.6.)
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Missing glass

Gentlemen,

I am not sure why there are some users that report missing glass - I have not tested Direct X 10, but this appears either a DX10 issue or missing reflections (for some reason).

Either way, in the next update, there will be a more traditional (and less realistic) glass material which should work fine in any case... So I am dropping a bit of realism for compatibility - fair trade IMHO.

Regards

Dino

Thanks Dino

Thank you very much for the response. Great work and you keep making it BETTER!
    Jay
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

425th Alouette MAS and VMA214 MAV VA Squadron
    Thanks Dino,I am using DX10. I also reinstall v1.85 and don't have that problem with this version.

Ok, not that I am perfect but I am having problems on landing in the new T-45C. I almost think that the landing gear need to be beefed up a little more. I've had several instances where I am on speed (yellow doughnut in the AOA indicator), with under a 500fpm rate of decent and if I don't add a little bit of flare at touchdown the aircraft crashes. This is a naval aircraft and I shouldn't have to flare at all but just fly the AOA and rate of decent right onto the runway without any pull. Only if I add a little flare in can I keep from crashing. Everything else is fine but I'm getting tired of my flight resetting every time I try and do touch and gos! I can only get through 1 touch and then crash!

I should also add that I am not doing these landings at max weight...I start in the landing pattern with 70% or less fuel. Things do seem better the lower I am on fuel but according to NATOPS you should be able to land the T-45 even at max weight. I know the gear was beefed up to the old values of the original FSX T-45 but maybe they need a touch more? Anyone else finding this to be a problem?

Brandon

Just Tested Without DX10

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Gentlemen,

I am not sure why there are some users that report missing glass - I have not tested Direct X 10, but this appears either a DX10 issue or missing reflections (for some reason).

Either way, in the next update, there will be a more traditional (and less realistic) glass material which should work fine in any case... So I am dropping a bit of realism for compatibility - fair trade IMHO.

Regards

Dino
    Dino - I turned off my DX10 Preview, rebooted FSX and I now have less wind burn! As you suspected it seems DX10 is the cause of "no canopy glass". Fair winds and following seas!
    Jay

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thetford569 View Post
    Ok, not that I am perfect but I am having problems on landing in the new T-45C. I almost think that the landing gear need to be beefed up a little more. I've had several instances where I am on speed (yellow doughnut in the AOA indicator), with under a 500fpm rate of decent and if I don't add a little bit of flare at touchdown the aircraft crashes. This is a naval aircraft and I shouldn't have to flare at all but just fly the AOA and rate of decent right onto the runway without any pull. Only if I add a little flare in can I keep from crashing. Everything else is fine but I'm getting tired of my flight resetting every time I try and do touch and gos! I can only get through 1 touch and then crash!

Brandon
    Not saying I think there's a problem with the settings - just offering this as a DIY fix if you need to beef up landing gear strength. This is from the beta days - haven't had the time to dl and install latest v2 - but it should point you to how to address your issue. This, from the beta thread:

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post

I've not had issues with this plane, but on others I have, and on carrier planes, I don't mind having a stronger gear for the higher sinkrates on carrier landings.

In the aircraft.cfg, look for this section:

//----------GEAR POINTS
    point.0 = 1, 15.5, 0.000, -5.92, 1200.000, 0, 1.0, 60, 0.19, 4, 0.6, 5, 5, 0, 0, 320 //----- Nose Gear Compression from 3D model Max -1.82 Min -1.55 Delta 0.27
    point.1 = 1, 0.300, -6.700, -6.1, 1200.000, 1, 1.3, 0.000, 0.36, 2, 1.2, 5, 5, 2, 0, 0 //----- Left Gear Compression from 3d Model Max -2.00 Min -1.45 Delta 0.55
    point.2 = 1, 0.300, 6.700, -6.1, 1200.000, 2, 1.3, 0.000, 0.36, 2, 1.2, 5, 5, 3, 0, 0 //----- Right Gear

The values I've highlighted represent the failure threshold for gear failure, in fpm. In other words, as Dino has set it up at present, if the VSI reads over 1200 fpm on touchdown, your gear will fail. Personally, whilst I respect what Dino is trying to achieve with making us better pilots, this is a carrier trainer, and I have to believe it's higher than that - my guess would be around twice that. I'm sure bone, flieger747, and other pilots amongst us can comment on the accuracy of that guess on my part.

Regarless, this being a sim, it can be adjusted. Simply change the highlighted value to a higher number (2000.000, etc.) and you should be fine.

Dino, I read on your page that you didn't want people to "modify the file" - the way it reads on your page, it seems to refer to paint/model alterations. My post here is to help these guys with a generic landing gear issue that may help them enjoy the plane more - not trying to cause any problems. If this is an issue, I apologize, and will remove post.

Again - superb work - have enjoyed your F-14 and earlier T-45 immensely (didn't think it needed improvement! ) so this is most appreciated for us hard-core naval aviation fans.

dl

MFD problem/question

Found a minor problem. On the MFD. . .when I select "Menu" the last button on the bottom right is labeled "ACL" (I think's that right). Anyway, if I select that button the sim locks up. What is that for, I don't see a specific reference to it in the manual.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Found a minor problem. On the MFD. . .when I select "Menu" the last button on the bottom right is labeled "ACL" (I think's that right). Anyway, if I select that button the sim locks up. What is that for, I don't see a specific reference to it in the manual.
    ACL=automatic carrier landing, I think, not an Accel default system, anyway not yet a 3rd party development, but maybe.............................

I don't know about a lock up of the sim but I'll give it a try as soon as I can

edit: No lock up from selecting ACL from either MFD menu for me, well, not yet, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

When that button is activated. . . .I wonder what that calls, function-wise, that might affect the sim that way?

Current System Specs:

For lack of any other suggestions, I'll just ignore that button. . . .maybe slap a piece of duct tape over it to remind me not to play with it any more.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 2