Area 51 C-17 released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Area 51 C-17 released!

This aircraft is a must for the 'heavies' pilots out there - excellent sounds, very nice VC, texturing is superb and framerates are top notch. I didn't get the Virtavia model due to the price, but you definately get what you pay for with the Area 51 bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    I have both the Virtavia and Area 51 C-17's and after reading these forums for a long time, finally updated my membership to post replies, as I finally have something to contribute.
    Thanks to Mark for an honest review :salute:

Attachment 44138

Can someone post a video on youtube for me so i can decide if i want to buy. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    yay or nay?
    Not arf

I love the Area51 Simulations C-17, the exterior model is very detailed. The VC is nice but I switched it out for the Virtavia VC so that my money did not goto waste and it does have a better VC (in my opinion). I have painted and uploaded to avsim and flightsim.com: Dover, Hickam, Travis, Altus, McChord, Canada, Australia, and a couple fictional paint schemes. I highly recommend the Area51 C-17!

Just bought it-WOW!!!!!

Easy on the frame rates, excellent modeling, wonderful VC.....

Best spent $29 in a long time!

Thanks Area 51-Fantastic job
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

On their website, Area 51, says there's a chute effect. I didn't see it mentioned in their just released manual. Anyone have any pics of it?

Matt

Hi Matt,

This a 'para drop' chute effect that's triggered by the 'smoke effect' keypress [default 'i' on the keyboard]. It doesn't work well for me in FSX though - the effects texture stretches... Maybe there's a fix somewhere.

Dave.

Attachment 44373

Interesting how this version is getting more 'air time' and praise than the Virtavia version.

I'm guessing that probably has more to do with price than quality?

The cockpit looks pretty tacky to me.

Does the VC look any better in the actual model than the screenshots I've seen?
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    Interesting how this version is getting more 'air time' and praise than the Virtavia version.

I'm guessing that probably has more to do with price than quality?

The cockpit looks pretty tacky to me.

Hi dougal95,

Perhaps you missed the very informative comparison made by Mark W earlier? Personally I wouldn't say the VC was 'tacky', but based on the pic's it may appear to be so...

You ask whether the VC looks any better in the actual model than in the screentshots you've seen...? Well, if I said yes, then would you believe me? I doubt it

It's a shame Area 51 and friends haven't made a video to show off this excellent model - I wish I has the grey matter to put together a decent Vid!

Dave.

Yes...

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Thanks guys, that's exactly WHY I asked. Pictures often don't tell the whole story.

Quite why you doubt I'd believe you Dave, I'm not too sure. Do I come across as sceptical as that...

I did indeed read the post you mention. It was however, just one users opinion. That's why I asked again.

Much as funds are very tight just now, I think I just may have to get it.
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970

Thanks guys, that's exactly WHY I asked. Pictures often don't tell the whole story.

Quite why you doubt I'd believe you Dave, I'm not too sure. Do I come across as sceptical as that...

I did indeed read the post you mention. It was however, just one users opinion. That's why I asked again.

Much as funds are very tight just now, I think I just may have to get it.
    Get it you won't be sorry!
    Rick

Well dougal95, you seemed to be doing it in a Roundabout way Magic that is...

If you have a C-17 gap in your virtual hangar, then go for it :salute:

Excellent vid - thank you!

Does the Area 51 and Virtavia models have the ability of reverse thrust in the air like the real one?
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Nice video Hanimichal :salute:

@Dave Torkington
    @dougal95
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cag40Navy View Post
    Does the Area 51 and Virtavia models have the ability of reverse thrust in the air like the real one?
    I think that is an FSX limitation. I know for a fact the Virtavia one cannot do it, and I assume the A51 C-17 cannot as well (I do not own it).

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin216 View Post
    I think that is an FSX limitation. I know for a fact the Virtavia one cannot do it, and I assume the A51 C-17 cannot as well (I do not own it).

The A51 C-17 will not do it either .:salute: I've been playing around with both.

Don't think it's a limitation. I'm certain I've got at least a couple of addons that do it.

Will have to search them now...

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    @ dougal95,

You and I both misread the question....

reverse thrust in the air
    :mixedsmi:

Has anybody given it the shockwave treatment yet?

Reagards Paul Day.

Don't think it's a limitation. I'm certain I've got at least a couple of addons that do it.

Will have to search them now...
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    @ dougal95,

You and I both misread the question....

"reverse thrust in the air"
    :mixedsmi:
    I remember hearing about an aircraft that could do this in mid air, but that was so long ago that I just did not include it in my reply because I simply cannot remember. With what some developers have done, I would not be surprised that this is possible. As we all know though, by defualt, FSX does not allow it. If only we could do this on one of these C-17s.

Members who have read this thread: 2