Area 51 C-17 released!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Area 51 C-17 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Felixthreeone View Post
    Wow!

They're like buses & policemen... None at all, then they all arrive together.

Wonder how it compares...?
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

No obvious photo gallery link aside from this one; screen shots might not be the most up to date though......

http://area51sim.com/blog/index.php

Maybe the C-5 patch will be next.....:mixedsmi:

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

I am going to watch this thread CLOSELY...I am in the market for a C-17, but I am very curious to see what people's opinions/thoughts are on this Area 51 offering. Clearly, it is reasonably priced at $29.95. The competing Virtavia model is $55!!! So, lets see where this goes...and then I may part with some cash:salute:
    Matt

Me three!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

I'm very pleased to know that you guys can count!
    Sorry...couldn't help myself
    Regards,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by N2056 View Post
    I'm very pleased to know that you guys can count!
    Sorry...couldn't help myself
    ...the counting I am interested in (lol) revolves around the $25 difference in price between this rendition and the virtavia offering. But, I can read bunches about the Virtavia bird...I want to know how people like (or don't) this Area 51 plane..
    Matt

I realize that...I just felt the need for some humor. I hope that's okay
    Regards,
    Robert

It should also be noted that both simulator (FS9-FSX) works!
    Go Aera51!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    It should also be noted that both simulator (FS9-FSX) works!
    Go Aera51!
    Some screen shots then? Just curious.
    :ernae:

I don't mean to be critical 'cause I'm sure it's a fine plane, but who in the world tries to sell an FS add-on with zero screenshots? This might be the first FS dev site I've ever visited that doesn't have a gallery of shots for each offering. Also, they need to update the title of the page. The C-17 page as-is says "OH-58D Kiowa". Sometimes "save as" isn't your friend.

I have yet to buy any of the C-17 offerings yet until i see both. I may very well end up buying both just for kicks n giggles. Again, time is our friend.... I hope at least.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

You've been reading my mind Bill.

I went to the area51 website after reading the first post and couldn't find any screenshots or much other info (plus I also noticed the title of the page was 0h-58D Kiowa).

So I came back to read the rest of this thread to see if anyone had posted some screenies.

Please Area51, if you want people to buy your stuff let them know what it is they are buying first.

LOL what a crappy webpage. They hotlink half of the world but nothing works. If that's a sign of their eye for detail then my eye will detail the hell out of my wallet and keep it safe and warm!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unless there has been a huge lmprovement in their models, I would say the old maxim about 'you get what you pay for' probably holds a lot of water with this model. Would anybody buy any product 'sight unseen'?

We can see some screenshots by clicking on the "blog" link on the top menu.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I have not bought it!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-C-17-Released...

FS9, but close enough?

Jamie

Thanks for the link Jeansy.

Must say I join those who wonder 'bout the differences between V & A, mainly the price difference. More important, how do the FPS hold between both product.

Hank

Quote Originally Posted by calypsos View Post
    Unless there has been a huge lmprovement in their models, I would say the old maxim about 'you get what you pay for' probably holds a lot of water with this model. Would anybody buy any product 'sight unseen'?

I agree, however most products we have, were bought "unflown". Just wanted to mention that, after i had to deal with inadequateness of airfiles and aircraft configs which i haven´t considered possible. No experience with A51 but a lot of with the other one mentioned. Could it be worse?

I'm no screenshots artist but here are some for those interested. very pleased. I have Virtavia and now the area 51 and I like both but maybe these might help some of you make up your minds about the area 51 one. Frankly the shots on their site do not do it justice. Only three paints but all done superbly and very fine detailed. Enjoy.

Matt
    Attachment 43108
    Attachment 43109
    Attachment 43110
    Attachment 43111
    Attachment 43112
    Attachment 43113
    Attachment 43115
    Attachment 43116

Thanks for the screenshots. I see no self-shadowing, does that mean it's a port-over ?

Members who have read this thread: 3