WWII Trainers?

Thread: WWII Trainers?

Hybrid View

Question WWII Trainers?

Why haven't developers made a new T-6 or T-28 yet? None of the current offerings come close to meeting my expectations. A good one would sell very well. They are among the most repaintable planes too.

A2A? Vertigo?

Charter Member 2011
    we got a brilliant tiger moth .. what more could you want!!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Uhhhh... Wozza (Warwick Carter) did a really nice (and complicated) freeware T6 for FSX.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Uhhhh... Wozza (Warwick Carter) did a really nice (and complicated) freeware T6 for FSX.
    What I said in my first post covers that one too. I want one that is like A2A or Vertigo Studios quality.

I know there's interest in these two planes. The Texan was one of Alphasim's best sellers. I would think it would sell better than most if not all of the more obscure WWII planes that have been coming out lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    What I said in my first post covers that one too. I want one that is like A2A or Vertigo Studios quality.

I know there's interest in these two planes. The Texan was one of Alphasim's best sellers. I would think it would sell better than most if not all of the more obscure WWII planes that have been coming out lately.
    I agree 100%. It is a gaping hole in FSX aircraft of that era. I particularly like the new racers myself, but am an all-around fan of the WWII trainers...
    Matt

BTW the T-28 isn't a WWII era trainer. One of my (now retired) Naval Aviator friends had that as his first aircraft at Pensacola in the early 70's.

I know a guy in North Pole Alaska that has one, though at $5:65 a gallon not sure he flies it much.

WOZZA's T-6 is pretty nice!

T

Members who have read this thread: 0