Stolen from CFS2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stolen from CFS2

Wow, excellent work!

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Yea, this will look great in it's American colors too..
    BRAVO..
    :salute: :salute: :salute:

Nice bit of work Steve. This one has been long awaited.

Bob
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Great!! USMC (saw action at Midway), RAF, Netherlands... just for the main operators in the Pacific, a lot of work, to do!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Don't forget that it was really successful here, many of our aces loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFinn View Post
    Don't forget that it was really successful here, many of our aces loved it.
    I am converting the mkI to a 239 but don't expect too much. I am not going to remake the cowling and I am not replacing the US gauges.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    I am converting the mkI to a 239 but don't expect too much. I am not going to remake the cowling and I am not replacing the US gauges.
    Thanks for that Steve, but did the export versions use non-US gauges?

I've found the CFS3 standard gauges are, er, not quite authentic. The 'British' gauges in particular are mostly the same as the US ones which isn't quite right. A lot of new ASI faces would however be needed to cover some of the variations.
    [end rivet counting ]
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I give full permission to use what ever you need from my model to do your vc.

nice to see you dancat!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

thanks but I'm not back. just stopped in to see if I had any messages..and I did.
    will stop by now and again.
    email is the best way to contact me.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

OH WOW, I want this one! Awesome job everyone involved!

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi John,

Thats a bit better than a spud sack...

Midway based plane?

nice work mate, :ernae:

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Speechless!!!

Great looking plane!

Cheers:ernae:

Its a beauty John.

I am going to guess VF-6 NAS Pearl Harbor part of the shared air battalion aircraft.
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar

...after picking up my stool, setting it aright and pulling my socks back on, my web link crashed or I would've raved about this beauty yesterday.

--you're keeping CFS3 alive and well! :ernae:

According to the profile, VF-2, USS Saratoga, Jan 42.

Nice model this one, inside, and out, not done any work on the pit texture yet though, be even better then!
    John

Keep it coming!

Lovely bit of work, you both. Really looking forward to this one!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Great work as always John!

Hmm.. Perhaps I finally should assemble and paint that B-239 from Revell.. Not the greatest model, I admit, but the best I could find from this little hick town behind gods hindquarters.

Excellent piece of work Sir !!!

Just looked in from the other Flight Centre where FireStorm told me about your plane build. Very nice as we is looking to be able to fly that little known beastie against each other and pals on-line maybe in std. CFS-3 or whatever Expansion is planned.

These planes were definately used by Aussies and Kiwi's in Malaya in WW2. One of my heroes since the early 1970's when I found out about him in a Ballantines Softback book and others is:- Geoffrey Fisken. A really outstanding RNZAF Fighter pilot, he flew these Buffalo's and later the Curtis P-40-M.( The Warararpa Wildcat ) Geoff Fisken had been trained on Buffaloes in Malaya in early Mid 1941 and when the Japanes invaded Malaya on DEC.8th he was sent to Mingaladon Then Kallang with 67 and 243 RAF Sqadrons flying the Buffalo Fighter. Flying against mainly the Japanes Oscars, he shot down at least 5, then with his Sqdn. decimated ,the survivors joined RAAF 453 Sqdn ( where he downed 2 more ) till early Feb 1942 when he was badly injured and evacuated out of theatre.
    His plane was a:- B339E Brewster Buffalo No:- W8147 and coded WP-O

Look in this link for a more detailed history and great pics. http://rnzaf.hobbyvista.com/gf.html
    Great print of a painting of him in action

Attachment 48440Attachment 48441

Geoffrey Died on June 14th this year aged 96.

Any chance of this particular aircraft being added in to the expansions as a tribute to this pilot and the Buffalo Aircraft.

Thanks guys. Wonderful stuff.

Bill T(WINCO41)
    RAF WINCO41

Any chance of this particular aircraft being added in to the expansions as a tribute to this pilot and the Buffalo Aircraft.

Yes Bill, I'll make sure it's done, actually working on the RAF/RAAF/ RNZAF textures at the moment, I'll post some shots when it looks decent!

Thanks for the link.

John
    John

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Great work as always John!
    Roundels next mate!
    John

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo/4 View Post