Should I give VRS Bug a 2nd chance?

Thread: Should I give VRS Bug a 2nd chance?

Should I give VRS Bug a 2nd chance?

Hello all. I am wondering what the thoughts and opinions of the FSX crowd are on the X version of the Bug. I was one of the first pre-purchasers of the FS9 version, and highly anticipated its release. But, I was extremely disappointed by it when I got it. Specifically, the flight dynamics seemed 'off', and the soundset was abysmal. Nice paints, and high level of complexity, just lacking in a few areas I feel are important. I read somewhere that in FSX you no longer have to do all of the crazy re-mapping of the controls to get fly-by-wire working? That would be a plus...but I need to be convinced at this point. I am a HUGE Superhornet fan, and this is the definitive Superhornet addon. So, please help me decide on a go/ No-go for my $45 bucks. Thanks in advance, I value this communities opinions!
    Matt

I think you should. I do own both FS9 as FSX version.
    As you already mentioned, assigning axis is no issue any longer with the FSX version.
    I have no problems with the flight model, it seems spot on to me.

It is for sure one of my favorite add-on's, together with A2A stuff and DA Katana 20D.

The FSX VRS SuperHornet is simply the best modern military addon ever done for Flight Simulator in the whole FS history. It's a must-have for any military aircraft lover.
    Additionnaly, the VRS TacPack addon that will get released later this year will make it even better.
    Finally, in FSX the aircraft-carrier experience cannot be compared with what you had in FS9.
    Attachment 42415

Not something I generally discuss, especially on forums, but being ex SF, I've known a couple of USNavy flyers. Although neither actally had superbug hours themselves, they did confirm their belief of accuracy.

If you regretted the purchase of this addon after a few hours use, then something 'else' is incorrect
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Get the boxed version at Best Buy for $29.95 if they're not sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Get the boxed version at Best Buy for $29.95 if they're not sold out.
    ...I believe I have come across people who cannot get support on the VRS site for the boxed version? I can't for the life of me see any reason as to why this would be the case, but I have read topics elsewhere stating that...
    Matt

Well shoot. I went ahead and purchased the download version. Now, after putting in several hours on the FS9 one, I can definitively say that this feels and behaves like a completely different aircraft!! I can't believe how much better it is than it was in 9...the frames are great, and the flight dynamics feel much more realistic...probably due to fsx' engine, but whatever. Totally, absolutely worth the price of admission. Even the soundpack is better? Not sure why, unless the X one was done by someone different than the 9 version...Now I have a lot of (re) reading to do!!
    Matt

Matt it is a nice plane and you'll find some cool reapints for it too over at AVSIM. Even some very nice agressor ones. I'm hoping some of the new CAGS will be done.

Has anyone heard anything about VRS doing the F variant? Sure would be nice!

Put some G's on the bird man....nice efffect!

Attachment 42524

This video says it all for the VRS Hornet...

http://youtu.be/9zEY-PghhEk

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Matt it is a nice plane and you'll find some cool reapints for it too over at AVSIM. Even some very nice agressor ones. I'm hoping some of the new CAGS will be done.

Has anyone heard anything about VRS doing the F variant? Sure would be nice!

Put some G's on the bird man....nice efffect!

Attachment 42524
    Looks like a real shot if you don't take a second glance
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

It is an awesome jet to fly, Love it!

Shamus

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    It is an awesome jet to fly, Love it!

Shamus
    ...I must say I am really enjoying the FSX version of this bird. I agree 100% that is a good investment at this point. Does anyone know when there will be an F variant??
    Matt

This video said it all for me. JJ Guerra is a genius. Super Bug Carrier Ops.

Enjoy!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by Felixthreeone View Post
    ...I must say I am really enjoying the FSX version of this bird. I agree 100% that is a good investment at this point. Does anyone know when there will be an F variant??
    I think their release order is; Tacpak, Pro, F and maybe a G. The F might be before the pro but I not sure.