Has anyone does tweaks for the following Ito aircraft?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone does tweaks for the following Ito aircraft?

Has anyone does tweaks for the following Ito aircraft?

I just installed a number of Ito's aircraft (with VCs). And before I go spending hours and hours trying to set them up with passable FDE sets, reworked gauges on the 2D and VC panels, effects, lights and such, I would like to see if any of these planes have already been addressed by other members of the community.

Vickers Armstrong Type 432
    Fi-167
    A5M4
    He-219-A7
    J7W1 Sinden
    Ju-388-L1
    Ju-388-JV4
    Macchi C-200
    Re-2001
    Mig-21bis
    Yak 23 Flora

If these planes have already been tweaked/improved, please let me know by who so I could grab the files and so that I do not repeat work done by someone else (and most likely upload FDE tweaks that are not as good as done by someone else).

I am working on the BV-138 Seedraken and have it nearly done (and working on a paint template to give this neat bird some new clothes to wear). Just gave the VA Type 432 a hasty (but workable) FDE set..borrowed from the freeware Alphasim CFS2 Pe-2 and tweaked to fit the Type 432 and get it flying with piston engines instead of turbro props....doesn't fly half bad given I have spent all of 5 minutes on it so far.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

if ya ever need new clothes for the Aircraft OBIO just let me know, all too willing to help the Sim-Community :salute:

Feel free to dig in Smoothie....can never have too many painters working on planes. First order of business is getting these birds to fly better and with proper engines (so many of Ito's prop planes are set up as turboprops).

Just remembered that Alpha also released the Pe-2 for FS2002 and that the FDE set from it may be a better starting point than the CFS2 Pe-2. Will see what I can come up with for the VA Type 432 from that angle.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the links Norab. That keeps me some time on the 167...and my results would not have been as good.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If anyone has any technical info on any of the birds in the list above, such as empty weight, max take off weight, fuel capacities, max speeds, that sort of stuff....please post it in this thread or send it to me via PM. I can find general specs (speed, HP, weights) but they differ from site to site. I can NOT find any info on fuel capacities....and right now, the Macchi C.200 has 600 gallons of fuel, which is like way too much.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know I've got better FDE's for the Ju 388L, just can't remember where I got them at the moment, sorry!! I can send you what I have if that helps?

Edit - Michael Vader was the author.
    Andy

Obio,
    If you search in Flightsim.com, where Ito-san used to initially put up his ac, you will find a lot of tweaked files for his models, not all went on to Simviation as his models did.

Might save some time!

Cheers

Shessi

Shessi

The planes on the list have no known FDE updates. I looked on Flightsim and Simv before starting on them.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for this thread! It has caused me to go and search for some old favourites, and has resulted in finding a few I missed along the way. It's simply amazing how many aircraft Mr. Ito has contributed to the FlightSim community over the years! All the accolades I can muster are on the way virtually!!!!
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    I know I've got better FDE's for the Ju 388L, just can't remember where I got them at the moment, sorry!! I can send you what I have if that helps?

Edit - Michael Vader was the author.
    http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=127041

Blog Entries
    Many thanks to OBIO for this thread, SPman for the links, Michael Vader for the improved textures and FD, and Ito-san for the Ju-388.

Attachment 42412

Hey..for the JU-388, go to the Warbirds Archive and grab Lawdog's FW190 (not the D, just the regular 190) sound pack. Delete the 4 internal and 4 external prop sounds.....they start with 190P for the internal and X190P for the external prop sounds. I will upload a twin engine sound config file in a day or two.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's a tweak to apply to all of Ito's planes with VCs. Go into the panel.cfg file, scroll down to the VC section or sections. Look for this line:

pixel_size=512,512s

Change it to

pixel_size=1024,1024

This will make the VC gauges much much sharper and clearer.

For those using Michael Vader's tweaked version of Ito's Ju-388L, the engines die when you first start them with the throttle pulled all the way back. Here's the fix:

Open the aircraft.cfg file. Scroll down to the [GeneralEngineData] section. Find the line:

min_throttle_limit=0.000000

Change it to

min_throttle_limit=0.050000

That will keep the engines running on start up with the throttle pulled back to zip.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's a list of Ito's planes that I have found to have working VCs.

Fiesler Fi-167
    Reggiane RE-2001
    Heinkle He219-A7
    J7W1 Shinden
    Ju-388L
    Ju-388J
    Macchi Mc.200
    Mig-21bis
    Yak-23 Flora
    Blohm and Voss BV138
    Me-410
    Su-24M
    FJ-1
    P-82B
    F-82G
    A5M4 Claude
    Il-2 Sturmovik
    He-177 Greif
    Fairey Barracuda Mk.V

That's all of 'em I have. If you know of any more Ito planes with working VCs (meaning...working gauges and not just the painted on gauges), please post them here.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is there any chance we can get this thread made sticky please?

It's proving useful for a lot of people, and I think it could generate an awful lot more projects on SOH.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    Here's a list of Ito's planes that I have found to have working VCs.

Fiesler Fi-167
    Reggiane RE-2001
    Heinkle He219-A7
    J7W1 Shinden
    Ju-388L
    Ju-388J
    Macchi Mc.200
    Mig-21bis
    Yak-23 Flora
    Blohm and Voss BV138
    Me-410
    Su-24M
    FJ-1
    P-82B
    F-82G
    A5M4 Claude
    Il-2 Sturmovik
    He-177 Greif
    Fairey Barracuda Mk.V

That's all of 'em I have. If you know of any more Ito planes with working VCs (meaning...working gauges and not just the painted on gauges), please post them here.

OBIO
    Regarding the Shinden, have you tried using Mr Piglet's FSX FDE's (providing he has no objections of course) as a donor?

And the Greif, we have really got to look at that as a project; plenty of repaint potential, an interesting soundset for Nigel to look at & the possibility of a decent cockpit makeover!!
    Andy

Concerning the He-177 Greif.....there is a flight dynamics update for it on Flightsim.com. He177fm.zip is the name. It's by James Banks. This update gets the Greif starting like a real piston engined plane and it flies nicely.

As far as sounds go, I am using the DB606 sound pack by Lawdog (it's in the Warbirds Archive under his use name Lawdog3260 so something close to that). The early 177s used the 606, which were 2 DB601 or DB603 inverted V-12s mounted real close together and coupled through a common gear reduction system. Later models of the 177 used the DB610, which appeared to be a purpose built inverted V-24!

Ito's F-82/P-82 have a revised FDE set available....here in the SOH library by Fliger747.

The IL-2 has a FDE tweak available on Flightsim.com. Sturmovik_fix.zip by Ricardo Jones.

THe A5M4 Claude is already set up as a piston engine plane....the FDE needs tweaked though.

I have the BV138 set up with a FDE set from Payakan's FS2002 BV138.....it flies like a big lumbering beast, not an easy plane to fly but it behaves well (no shaking, no pitchiness to the controls, airspeed is pretty close to specs).

THe Fi-167 has an FDE update, links to it are posted by norab earlier in this thread.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Ref the He 177 model, I have a set of layered masters in paint shop pro format if anyone wants them.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Ref the He 177 model, I have a set of layered masters in paint shop pro format if anyone wants them.

Steve
    Yes please.
    Andy

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Yes please.

PM me your email addy and i'll send them over via yousendit. I also have layered masters for the Me410.

Steve

Concerning the He-177 Greif.....there is a flight dynamics update for it on Flightsim.com. He177fm.zip is the name. It's by James Banks. This update gets the Greif starting like a real piston engined plane and it flies nicely.

As far as sounds go, I am using the DB606 sound pack by Lawdog (it's in the Warbirds Archive under his use name Lawdog3260 so something close to that). The early 177s used the 606, which were 2 DB601 or DB603 inverted V-12s mounted real close together and coupled through a common gear reduction system. Later models of the 177 used the DB610, which appeared to be a purpose built inverted V-24!

Ito's F-82/P-82 have a revised FDE set available....here in the SOH library by Fliger747.

The IL-2 has a FDE tweak available on Flightsim.com. Sturmovik_fix.zip by Ricardo Jones.

THe A5M4 Claude is already set up as a piston engine plane....the FDE needs tweaked though.

I have the BV138 set up with a FDE set from Payakan's FS2002 BV138.....it flies like a big lumbering beast, not an easy plane to fly but it behaves well (no shaking, no pitchiness to the controls, airspeed is pretty close to specs).

THe Fi-167 has an FDE update, links to it are posted by norab earlier in this thread.

OBIO
    To add to that list, on Flightsim again, barracudamk_vaccurateair.zip - search on Barracuda and there are some good repaints as well.
    Andy

Ercoupe

This one has an excellent exterior, but the flight dynamics are way off, and the VC is really rough. But, having read your advice about resizing the VCgauges, I might try this once again and substitute another air file.

Thanks for the tip, and for the one on adjusting the throttle, too!FS2002 - FS2002 Aircraft FS2002/FS2004 ERCO 415 Ercoupe
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: erco_415.zip Size: 5,464,137 Date: 09-05-2008 Downloads: 1,835
    FS2002/FS2004 ERCO 415 Ercoupe. This plane was designed by several engineers at the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA) in response to a Bureau of Air Commerce design competition during the mid 1930s for an easy-to-fly, safe airplane. The Engineering and Reseach Company (ERCO) was founded to develop the design. The 415 utilized a two-control system with a control wheel linking the rudder, ailerons and nose wheel. The wheel also controlled the elevator. This arrangement eliminated the need for rudder pedals. Four kind of models and five kind of paint examples are included. By Kazunori Ito.

I spent some time on Flightsim.com last night investigating even more of Mr. Ito's packages. And what I found were a BUNCH more with VCs. So, I will list them here:

Me-323 E-2 Gigant
    HE-111Z
    Me-321 Gigant
    Avro 730
    Avtek 400
    Bell X-22A
    Bell P-59A
    F-86D Sabredog
    RF4-D Motorglider
    F-94C Starfire
    DH-108 Swallow
    DH-86 Express
    F3D-2 Skyknight
    X-3 Stilleto
    Martin SP-5B Marlin
    F-15E Strike Eagle
    Westland Whirlwind (with a panel mod by Lionheart...wwpanel.zip)
    Blackburn B-25 Roc Mk.1
    MS760 Paris

The Sabredog I've had installed for a while....and it's NICE. Needs better skins and it's a shame that it isn't reflective (I made mine reflective and it is KILLER!).

I checked out the F-15E. Nice. Not as nice as the Iris F-15s, nor the Coral F-15. But it's free, comes in a lot of configurations and give very nice frame rates.

THe SP-5B Marlin...big seaplane. Looks nice, VC is nice enough, needs a total FDE replacement (as do most of Ito's planes).

That brings the list of Ito planes with working VC to 39. Far more than I thought.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Actually there are two, one for the F82G and a RTW set for the F82B. And there is a Twin Mustang soundset done by ..... Obio!!
    Andy