FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 451

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Anybody knows, when you push the stick the cows should get bigger
    When you pull the stick, cows get smaller. But if you pull long enough they will get bigger again. That's what my instructor used to say.

Some shots from a flight around Compton-Abbas in one of Flight Replicas' L-4 Grasshopers (a real one, with all of the authentic details, not some J-3 in military guise).

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Lionheart's Fairchild 24 - a small selection from a flight from Vashon Island to Bowerman. I built a balsa wood model of one of these with my dad when I was 7 or 8, and I remember we didn't like the inline engine cowl so we made our own radial engine/cowl, and I've had an interest in these aircraft ever since.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Spitfire Mirrors

One of the Texas Flying Legends P-51 Mustangs, painted in the markings of Noble E. Peterson, 358th FS, 355th FG, based at Steeple Morden. Peterson was a native of North Dakota, where as his crew chief, Bob Coleman, came from Long Island, hence the two different names. I've always thought the style of the lettering was really cool in the artwork on this one.

John, I'm loving the change of pace in your screen shots! They're great as usual, but different angles from your is nice! Great job! I guess I mean the first and last shot mainly...but either way....I always like your screenies!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Thank you Rick! I'm always up for moving the camera farther and closer to the aircraft to achieve different effects (I'm really glad that is built into the FSX view system, rather than just zoom alone - I recall in FS9, you have to open a menu tab/different screen to adjust how far/close the camera is to the aircraft, where as in FSX you've got the keyboard controls to do that).

Trying some different angles having fun flying the Fokker Dr.1 around Masteron, New Zealand, in the colors of Lothar von Richthofen.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post

ATB
    DaveB
    That looks like a nice steady kite Dave. Bet she's beautifully stable in the climb.

Best

Ganter

Unlike this total Yob.

That I love and can't stop flying at every opportunity.

She is indeed I took off from Alderney, pointed the nose north.. set the throttle.. trimmed her just a little then sat and ate my dinner while keeping a watching brief. By the time I hit the south coast, she was at almost 7000ft and doing 49kias Heading deviation was between 3 and 4 degs +/-. The most difficult thing was getting it down again!! I absolutely love this model/paint combination
    ATB
    DaveB

She is indeed I took off from Alderney, pointed the nose north.. set the throttle.. trimmed her just a little then sat and ate my dinner while keeping a watching brief. By the time I hit the south coast, she was at almost 7000ft and doing 49kias Heading deviation was between 3 and 4 degs +/-. The most difficult thing was getting it down again!! I absolutely love this model/paint combination
    ATB
    DaveB
    Excellent. Hope I didn't disturb your flight back from EGJA.

I was the loud beggar making a lot of noise over Portland! (see above)

Also, I love flying EGHF to EGJA but for the last few times I've done it (with AS2016) I've been given 32 to Land even if the wind is blowing straight down 08 for 26. Strange. Even when I did it in the Piper PA-44 Twin.

Where did you take off from? Fancy a flight in company one day?

I'm rather gung-ho as far as ATC goes.. eg, silent routine!! On that flight, I actually landed on the tiny helicopter runway at Portland.. no problem for the little Auster

ATB
    DaveB

I'm rather gung-ho as far as ATC goes.. eg, silent routine!! On that flight, I actually landed on the tiny helicopter runway at Portland.. no problem for the little Auster

ATB
    DaveB

Landed on the RWY at Portland?
    Wow - who needs a VTOL £28M pound Harrier (or a $120M dollar F-35B) when you can VL that!

Nice one Centurion!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbed View Post
    Collings Foundation's B-17G "Nine-O-Nine" and B-24J "Witchcraft"

Wish we had a better B-24. This one has a horrible thrown together flight model. Great pic

Mario Noriega's Piaggio 180 is criminally underrated and easily gives some payware a run for its money.

If you're bored and run FSX in DX10 mode, you can play with the window blinds and watch the sunlight disappear from the cabin.

Also recently acquired the DX10 cloud shadow add-on. There is a framerate hit because it requires water at 2.x mid, but it does really add something to the scene.

I do like that Blue Auster paint Dave... is it available? did a quick search and couldn't find it.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    I do like that Blue Auster paint Dave... is it available? did a quick search and couldn't find it.

Matt
    It is Matt.. one of Bananabob's if I'm not mistaken and one of 2 PReal he did. Can't remember where I got them from so I'll zip them up for you to save the search. Give me 5

EDIT: Yup.. they're both Bob's and you can get them HERE
    ATB
    DaveB

Thanks Dave... will give them a try.

Matt

some WW1 stuff...
    FlyFreeStudio Albatros DVa

RaraAvis Sopwith Pup

Classicwings Sopwith Camel

VertigoStudios Spad7

Some Interesting Russian Aviation

Matt

Antanov AN224 (Tom Ruth)

Antanov AN12BK

Illyushin 76TD

PZL/AN 28

Nice paint on the Pup One of yours?

BTW.. I pulled the modified metal maps for the Camel and bashed my head against a wall for nearly half an hour trying to get them to work. In the end, went back to Classic Wings and downloaded the Camel again. Noted it was v2 (and had a spec map) so mine must have been v1. All working fine now
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post

Bomber,

What D-VIII is this? I've been looking for one.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Quote Originally Posted by Eoraptor1 View Post
    Bomber,

What D-VIII is this? I've been looking for one.

JAMES
    Check out his post #11241
    ATB
    DaveB

Hi Dave

no "JudyL" is one from the production Standard pack of the Pup. I did do some of the paints for the Pup but that wasn't one of them... that's was Craigs artistry.

Glad you got the Camel sorted. I'm sorry if I didn't make clear it was for the Ver2 Camel... I'll have to make that clear in the thread.

Those Auster paints are great... like all Banana Bobs photo-real paints. Thanks for link to them

Matt
    Last edited by MDIvey; August 11th, 2017 at 07:12.

Cheers Matt

Problem with these is that I try to keep a balance between what I have installed and where they are for 'ready use'. I keep the 'Naval' versions handy but not the others!! 'Bout time I did something about that
    ATB
    DaveB

Check out his post #11241
    ATB
    DaveB
    Thanks, Dave. I must have looked right over it.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)