FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 496
Page 496 of 580 FirstFirst ... 396446486488489490491492493494495496497498499500501502503504506546 ... LastLast
Results 12,376 to 12,400 of 14491

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

Looking for a safe haven...

-A.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D18 amphib1.jpg  

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

'Bald Eagle' in new clothes...

Finally, I've gotten around to updating my 'Bald Eagle' repaint to match the paint scheme changes that were made to the real 'Bald Eagle' all the way back to last winter. Last winter, the real aircraft was stripped and repainted, now with only matte colors, accurate to original military spec, with OD/green topsides (as the original 361st FG Mustangs had) rather than insignia blue as it had sported for many years. Some elements of the paintwork were also redone to better match the original wartime 'Bald Eagle' (a P-51B) - such as an expansion of the invasion stripes below the wings and with black edging on each end. The metal was also given a thorough polishing and the old silver paint was removed and replaced with dull silver closely matching the original dull silver paint used on Mustangs during WWII production. A few refinements to do, and finishing a version for one of the two-seat models, and then it'll be uploaded.

Wow! Looks great John.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Stunning screen shots!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Could you paint a WBS P-51B Bald Eagle to look like that? I believe the -B model also wore those same colors IRL.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

P-51b Bald Eagle

Hi, expat
    Bruce Martin did this repaint long ago, aviable here in the library, sorry to thumb to link. BM_p51_Bald Eagle.zip

Cheers, Thilo

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-12-18_12-56-39-736.jpg  

Early days.... Started life as the Section F8 F-86 ....and I discovered the machine guns weren't modeled...only painted....so I thought...CA-27 with a couple of Adens ...and then began the [usual] process of getting everything 'working' at 4096....so all those fuel notes were 10 point font.
    Mucked around with 'fake' paints.....then decided to see if the limitations would let me get 'closer' to a real bird [an 86 is a lot different to a 27 - the Aussies kinda improved on the original].
    No specs...so everything is attempted with the norm and alpha ....though the chrome tailpipe came out ok...and those cannon ports are photos...

Of course....one limitation....the serial on the nose....has to be reversible...as it's mapped to the right side from the left one...and thus ends up mirrored.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails early1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Early days.... Started life as the Section F8 F-86 ....and I discovered the machine guns weren't modeled...only painted....so I thought...CA-27 with a couple of Adens ...and then began the [usual] process of getting everything 'working' at 4096....so all those fuel notes were 10 point font.
    Mucked around with 'fake' paints.....then decided to see if the limitations would let me get 'closer' to a real bird [an 86 is a lot different to a 27 - the Aussies kinda improved on the original].
    No specs...so everything is attempted with the norm and alpha ....though the chrome tailpipe came out ok...and those cannon ports are photos...

Of course....one limitation....the serial on the nose....has to be reversible...as it's mapped to the right side from the left one...and thus ends up mirrored.
    Looks good thus far, just an observation as i spent most of my younger years around 83 as my father was on the original restoration team with the raaf and continued to work on her until she was retired a second time

The roundel needs to be moved back to just fwd of the airbrake and raised a tad and slightly rotated

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Looks good thus far, just an observation as i spent most of my younger years around 83 as my father was on the original restoration team with the raaf and continued to work on her until she was retired a second time

The roundel needs to be moved back to just fwd of the airbrake and raised a tad and slightly rotated
    Yes....that's how I had it....mostly...but then I saw this....which is what I'm working towards....

....so it's looking like this...so far.
    May have to do more than one ver...eventually. Edit....noticed my home-made tail graphic is obviously wrong scale....not enough checks....yet...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails early2.jpg   cac 01.jpg  

Thats aftermarket paintjob after the raaf sold it and handed it over to the new owners and it became VH-IPN
    The original schemes had all sabres with rotated roundels pointing upwards and closer to the airbrakes as seen
    https://anzacportal.dva.gov.au/sites...apleton_03.jpg

Temoras paint scheme is off and they are aware of it but cant afford to fix it after getting a new ejection seat to replace the ageing martin baker seat the Raaf put in as a last resort to get it flying in the day and other upgrades. The current paint scheme is always a topic of conversations with the sabre crews

The old black and white or pre vh-ipn/ temora pics are a better source for 83

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Thats aftermarket paintjob after the raaf sold it and handed it over to the new owners and it became VH-IPN
    The original schemes had all sabres with rotated roundels pointing upwards and closer to the airbrakes as seen
    https://anzacportal.dva.gov.au/sites...apleton_03.jpg

Temoras paint scheme is off and they are aware of it but cant afford to fix it after getting a new ejection seat to replace the ageing martin baker seat the Raaf put in as a last resort to get it flying in the day and other upgrades. The current paint scheme is always a topic of conversations with the sabre crews

The old black and white or pre vh-ipn/ temora pics are a better source for 83
    Cool....I'll revise and concentrate on the real one...not the Temora 'version'...
    ...meanwhile I've 'fixed' the tail....a bit...

Edit....moved the roundels....and rotated.

Edit no,2 .... I found a line-up photo of about 8 or so 27s....and the nearest had the Temora rotation of the roundel....the roos in the others all look like they were the trad laid-back style .... seems both are legit for vintage/real a/c.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails early3.jpg   early4.jpg  
    Last edited by Jafo; December 18th, 2018 at 20:56.

Looking good

Im clearly remember 83s under carriage was often my baby sitter at the point cook airshows in the late 70s, i was left under the wing with my toys while they did the preflights or waiting to for her turn to fly

Or left in the back of a yellow mini moke on the hard stand

I remember reworking the old Monogram F86 into a proper Avon Sabre several times way back when.
    Getting the extra 3" depth into the nose wasn't that hard, cutting all the extra ducts and vents was a bit tricky, but the end result was worth it.
    Somewhere in my stash I have a decent number of Avon shots, I'll dig them out.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

....still at it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails early5.jpg  

Probably finished...but what I'll do is upload my paint kit so others can take it further....several anomalies....like the check doesn't map all around the tanks...so it is what it is...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails early8.jpg  

Awesome , looking forward to this !

Took yonks...but finally chased up where to place the deice edges on the wings...and their tip painting....found a few more quirks to work around/resolve.
    Here's the critter wheels-up out of YMML [not far from where it evolved [and its painting/painter]]...

And it's finished [or I am] ....always takes a lot of trial-and-error to create 4096 kits....eg...too many vers of the texts...so near enough is good enough [not for the rivet-counters]. Shall upload the paint and the kit/s psp and psd soonish. You can always read the notes if bored.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails final2.jpg   thumbnail.jpg  
    Last edited by Jafo; December 20th, 2018 at 05:28.

Awesome work there JAFO. Thanks!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Off to work bright and early.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Once you get one working there's always another....OK so 983 is the only one that flies [when they find a suitable chair to chuck in it], 974 is apparently the next one that'll get off the ground....
    Bit more to do ...but so much easier than the first...ie. about 2 weeks easier...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 974-1.jpg  

When I was much younger the Neptunes from nearby NAS Valkenburg, could be seen daily. When I was in my twenties and in the Air Force, they were still flying and had already out-lived the Brequet Atlantics purchased to replace them.....

Still a beautiful aircraft, but I think the sound was the best part...................

Cheers,
    Huub

Sounds like the B-52's and C-130's in the American inventory. Some are old enough, they have had 2, or even 3, generations of pilots from the same family flying in a certain plane!
    Amazing to me. 3 generations of a family in the same plane...

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

On patrol...

(Were there ever any sharper / hires gauges made available for this plane?)

-A.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails neptune1.jpg   neptune2.jpg   neptune3.jpg  
    Last edited by aardvark62; December 22nd, 2018 at 14:10.