FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 342

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

ATB
    DaveB

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Huub - outstanding paint for the Mosquito! Just downloading it, it looks brilliant....
    Dvj: Excellent drawn attention to it!
    Last edited by Manschy; March 20th, 2016 at 13:21.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Dave B,

THAT IS HECK OF SHOTS!!

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Dave B,

THAT IS HECK OF SHOTS!!

Regards,

Aharon
    Cheers Aharon..

I set about thinking of the number of 'Pairs' you might see at any given show at Duxford. Here's a couple more.. slightly less dramatic.

ATB
    DaveB

Carrier ops on something smaller than the Isle of Wight!

ATB
    DaveB:-)

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

DaveB,

That is awesome screenshots showing flyby past Duxford base!!

Regards,

Aharon

Is that a new one RobH?? Don't recall seeing the white nose before.

ATB
    DaveB

Another Duxford pair from a few years ago..

ATB
    DaveB

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-3-18_21-39-13-641.jpg   2016-3-18_21-9-3-828.jpg   2016-3-18_21-51-55-828.jpg   2016-3-18_21-12-0-866.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

Hey Dave, great pic. Where would one find that Twilight Tear paint or is it part of one of the WBS packages? I painted up a few
    friends for her if you would like them. (some pics a few pages back) Although I have them on the K model, they will fit all the D
    models with a few cfg edits. I got 8 mustang paints and working on 9, and 9 F4U-1 paints that have not been released.
    Spending to much time in photoshop to do so.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

That "Twilight Tear" comes from one of the Warbirdsim "Then & Now" sets. That particular scheme represents the restored example owned/flown by the Fagen Fighters WWII Museum in Minnesota, today, which is known to be the original aircraft. The one that used to fly at Duxford as "Twilight Tear", then owned by The Fighter Collection, was thought to have been the original "TT" at the time, or at least was perpetuated as such, but wasn't. When it was brought into the US in 2007, and then sold to the Friedkin family, its original identity had to be figured out since the Fagen Fighter's Mustang was already being registered with the serial number of the original "TT", as it was proven without doubt to be. Through finding details of its original WWII markings still etched in the metal, and other clues, it was established that the former TFC Mustang was in fact the WWII pacific-vet P-51K "Fragile but Agile", which it was registered and restored as.

I say all of this because, in addition to having done the "Twilight Tear: Then & Now" set, featuring the Fagen Fighter's "Twilight Tear" (the original), I also did a repaint, long ago, of the TFC "Twilight Tear" (now "Fragile but Agile"), which, if there is any interest, I could bring up to current standards and release. There are differences between each, because when the TFC "TT" was painted, no photos were known to exist showing the nose art, so it was painted with a best idea of what it may have looked like. By the time the Fagen's "TT" was restored, a photo had surfaced clearly showing the nose art, so it was reproduced in exacting detail - and not to mention that the Fagen's example is polished, where as TFC's was not, and had some really great patina.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

....like this. Duxford 2007.

The inspiration for many of my Mustang repaints - very much as it would have looked in service. Sorry folks - polished airshow birds don't float my boat!

DaveQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1036.jpg  
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

That's what I thought John. It's another package that I need to pick up one day. Right now I just have the Flight leader, The K series (mustang and 109) and Mustang tales. So I have a few to still get. I'd be happy to have that paint if your willing to share it.

DaveQ, I'm with you on the combat vet look, it's the way I like to paint them up. But flying around in one of John's masterpieces
    is a nice distraction.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD

Here is one I'm working on now, don't mind the gun ports as they are borrowed wings from another paint so I could get it in sim.

And here she is next to another that's just about finished.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    That "Twilight Tear" comes from one of the Warbirdsim "Then & Now" sets. That particular scheme represents the restored example owned/flown by the Fagen Fighters WWII Museum in Minnesota, today, which is known to be the original aircraft. The one that used to fly at Duxford as "Twilight Tear", then owned by The Fighter Collection, was thought to have been the original "TT" at the time, or at least was perpetuated as such, but wasn't. When it was brought into the US in 2007, and then sold to the Friedkin family, its original identity had to be figured out since the Fagen Fighter's Mustang was already being registered with the serial number of the original "TT", as it was proven without doubt to be. Through finding details of its original WWII markings still etched in the metal, and other clues, it was established that the former TFC Mustang was in fact the WWII pacific-vet P-51K "Fragile but Agile", which it was registered and restored as.

I say all of this because, in addition to having done the "Twilight Tear: Then & Now" set, featuring the Fagen Fighter's "Twilight Tear" (the original), I also did a repaint, long ago, of the TFC "Twilight Tear" (now "Fragile but Agile"), which, if there is any interest, I could bring up to current standards and release. There are differences between each, because when the TFC "TT" was painted, no photos were known to exist showing the nose art, so it was painted with a best idea of what it may have looked like. By the time the Fagen's "TT" was restored, a photo had surfaced clearly showing the nose art, so it was reproduced in exacting detail - and not to mention that the Fagen's example is polished, where as TFC's was not, and had some really great patina.
    Yes John.. I noticed when I loaded the Then & Now model up the differences shown in the 2007 shot (I have a similar shot from 2006 which is where that 'pairing' comes from.. USAF Heritage Flight). If you already have the TFC version done and it won't take a great deal of time to bring up to your current standard.. I'd be very happy to take a copy I'd be happy to take an old copy to be honest!! While I have all but one of the WBS sets (Then & Now Cripes a mighty) I tend to only fly the ones seen (I've seen) over here so this one would get a lot of use

Joe.. I have the K's so no problem matey.

EDIT: Oh John.. the first time I saw the USAF Heritage Flight, the F-15 was flying with a P-51 A N D.. the P-39 Airacobra. Can't wait to capture THAT trio in the sim.
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Here is one I'm working on now, don't mind the gun ports as they are borrowed wings from another paint so I could get it in sim.

And here she is next to another that's just about finished.

Joe
    Fabulous paints Joe!!
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Super Cool West Coast Cruising 1970 Style!!

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting a nice west coast cruising era 1970 style from KSJC Norman Y. Mineta San José International Airport three miles northwest of downtown San Jose, California to KEUG Eugene Airport 7 miles northwest of Eugene, Oregon

Starting engines!!

Taxiing to short of runway 30R via taxiway Z

Holding short of runway 30R awaiting for clearance for take off

Take off clearance is granted as the plane entered into runway for take off

Because of regulations not allowing more than 4 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink below to view rest of the exciting flight.

Here is the link: http://vatil.org.il/forum/index.php/...ng-1970-style/

Thank you for viewing. Stay tuned for next exciting flight!!

Regards,

Aharon

@Zsolt, nice!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 283