FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 397

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

I think many of the late RN SAR Sea kings ended up as spares in Norway.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Sooner that than have them chopped up or end up in scrap yards
    ATB
    DaveB

Darting about.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg   7.jpg  

Wildlife patrol..

Up and around Stavanger this afternoon.

First.. an admiring nod from a gull while onboard the Stavanger Fjord..

.. and a cheeky wave from a different sort of seabird languishing in the pool onboard Grand Celebration..

Virtavia Seaking.. paint by JensOle.
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    That's Longships lighthouse off Lands End, Cornwall. It has a hard deck too!! The Sea King is Virtavia's
    ATB
    DaveB
    Thank's, mate.

Regarding Stavanger: Two questions:
    1. Did the seagull survive?
    2. How was the pool party?
    Best regards, Manfred.

hahaha...

The Seagull had a mate flying a few feet behind and they happily followed the ship out to sea (I took off to the left to avoid them). As for the pool-party animals.. the Grand Celebration wasn't more than half an hour from going alongside in Stavanger and they didn't look like they were in any hurry to go ashore. Hope the pool was heated!!

ATB
    DaveB

.. and a cheeky wave from a different sort of seabird languishing in the pool onboard Grand Celebration..

DaveB
    You been there in the right moment

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    A little bit of dogfight near Peleliu Island. I love my TacPack....

Greetings
    Klaus
    JustFlight Wildcat right? Can you share the TacPack configuration?

hahahahaha..

I think I'll be flying around Norway again tomorrow Just imagine how many ships Henrik put out there. I see a life's work ahead!!
    ATB
    DaveB

Some interesting shots there Dave! lol :-) Another interesting fact is that I believe my Norwegian Sea King paints are over 11 years old... Fun to see that they still get virtual air :-)

I can also see that I need to fix the bump texture in the area with the inflatable rescue raft.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Some interesting shots there Dave! lol :-) Another interesting fact is that I believe my Norwegian Sea King paints are over 11 years old... Fun to see that they still get virtual air :-)

I can also see that I need to fix the bump texture in the area with the inflatable rescue raft.
    They're still very much fit for purpose mate
    ATB
    DaveB

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Lovely shot Joe

ATB
    DaveB

Lightbulb

Thanks Dave,

I am getting ready to upload a few Mustang paints including the one above. There are a couple what if USN and Susy that I did for you + another red nose. Susy will come in 2 versions (as she looked in real world and one after my ground crew got the polish out).
    I would have taken a pic of the other red nose had fsx not CTD on me as soon as I landed at Duxford.
    Need to figure out what caused it as I have not been in sim for about 3 weeks and only added the paints to sim.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    JustFlight Wildcat right? Can you share the TacPack configuration?
    You will find it just in here : https://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=15045

Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    You might have a point with the nozzles, the nose-wheel though looks about right to me.

What really bugs me is the overhead ejection handles, as far as I'm aware the only Sea Harrier/Harrier so equipped is the Art Nalls privately owned F/A-2. Then theres the lack of launch rails for the Aim-9's and the more than slightly iffy Sidewinders themselves.I'm also a bit put off by the fact the FRS.1 gets a Gr.3 cockpit when its the Sea Harrier that I'm actually interested in, the centre console and upper right quadrant were radically different, as in almost nothing in common with each other.
    Or Gutersloh ident on all weapons pylons and guns; not only no launch rails but no interface adaptor either (the bit the pylon swaybraces wound onto)
    the bright yellow fan tips when seen from front wtf? You are right, no overhead handles on seat.

ttfn

Pete

Nice one Chris

One thing if you're interested (and missing from my shots above). Pop over to Flightsim.com.. put Sea King into the search engine and scroll down until you come across a rotor texture update. I think it's on page 2 but in any case, it's not difficult to find. The author has reworked the prop blur on the main rotor to reflect 5 blades and there's a new rear prop blur in the set too if you don't like the original. I downloaded them a while back but after seeing my shots above, I decided to dig it out and install. Looks much better having the right number of blurs
    ATB
    DaveB
    Oh!, Thanks for the 'nod' Dave, I didn't know about that! I'll check it out.......................
    ChipShop
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

Found this:-

Belgium and Norway have acquired recently retired Royal Air Force Sea King HA3As in order to provide spares for their own Sea King fleets. Belgium has acquired a single example, while Norway has acquired three of the type.
    Two of the examples for Norway, serial numbers ZH540 and ZH543, had been stored in the Vector Aerospace facility at Fleetlands, Hampshire, where they had arrived on August 17 and 18 this year, respectively. They left there on November 10, making an overnight stop at Groningen-Eeelde Airport in the Netherlands, before arriving at Stavanger-Sola, Norway, the next day. The third helicopter has been flown to Kjeller, the Royal Norwegian Air Force (RNoAF) Logistics Command maintenance base.
    The RNoAF will use them as spares for its 12 remaining Sea King Mk 43Bs, which are operated by 330 Squadron at various locations around the country. The additional spares sources will assist in keeping the Norwegian examples in service until after 2020. The type will eventually be replaced in RNoAF service by 16 AW101 Mk 612s, the first of which are due to arrive in Norway in 2017

ChipShop
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

A very sensible move going for the AW101 Makes me wonder why the Coast Guard went for the S-92 here

ATB
    DaveB

Nice shots! The plane guard helo is probably a bit to old though... :-)

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Not often you see a government these days replacing 12 "smaller" helicopters with 16 new vastly more capable and bigger helicopters.. Someone must have written the wrong number on the original contract...hehe

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Members who have read this thread: 287