FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 490
Page 490 of 491 FirstFirst ... 390440480482483484485486487488489490491 LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,250 of 12263

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

  1. #12226

    Stearman

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-9-4_7-54-53-210.jpg  

  2. #12227

  3. #12228

  4. #12229
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post










    Great Stearman pics!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

  5. #12230
    Senior Administrator huub vink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Noordwijk, The Netherlands (EHVB)
    Age
    60
    Posts
    6,749



  6. #12231
    Senior Administrator huub vink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Noordwijk, The Netherlands (EHVB)
    Age
    60
    Posts
    6,749





  7. #12232
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post






    Wacky Wabbit?

  8. #12233
    No, but it happens to be one that is based/operated in Australia in very much the same paint job, registered VH-TXN (in-fact, VH-TXN was one of the inspirations for the owner of "Wacky Wabbit" to find a similar historical paint scheme to copy). As per the real aircraft, the registration letters are very small, just below the horizontal stabilizers. It's one of the number of repaints I made and released for the A2A Texan a couple years ago. At the time, I was going to do "Wacky Wabbit" as well, but I was told someone else was working on it. Well, evidently that was never completed/never released and I should have done it anyway. Perhaps one day I'll see about doing "Wacky Wabbit". I recall it was quite a time-consuming matter to do all of the camouflage work on the VH-TXN repaint, across numerous parts/texture sections (and not overlook anything, like control surface hinges and spar sections between control surfaces, ect.). If I recall correctly, the hat and flight suit I edited/made for that repaint matches what the owner of the real aircraft has been seen wearing over the years, as well as of course the modified cockpit textures are a close match to the real aircraft as well.

  9. #12234

    HMNB Portsmouth 1960

    Found some lovely FSX scenery of HMNB Portsmouth but was most alarmed to find it had been taken over by US NAVY but worry not a few hours tweaking and....


    Thats Better!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails POMPY3.jpg  

  10. #12235
    A repaint I made/released a while back of one of the UK-based Stearmans (N38940), this one restored in USAAF colors and showing off its period-correct/authentic anodized finish on the metal parts/skins (as done at the factory during original production), contrasting with the silver-painted fabric. Depending on the lighting conditions, the anodized finish on the panels can cast a yellowish/brownish hue or a more purplish hue. The anodized finish also makes the metal much more flat/matte and much less reflective. The anodizing was of course a corrosion-preventative.












  11. #12236


    GAS Brunner at the recent ORBX freeware SPB Refuge cove
    enter..the Sandman

  12. #12237
    GAS Navy Stearman at Sandpoint KZST

    enter..the Sandman

  13. #12238
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    A repaint I made/released a while back of one of the UK-based Stearmans (N38940), this one restored in USAAF colors and showing off its period-correct/authentic anodized finish on the metal parts/skins (as done at the factory during original production), contrasting with the silver-painted fabric. Depending on the lighting conditions, the anodized finish on the panels can cast a yellowish/brownish hue or a more purplish hue. The anodized finish also makes the metal much more flat/matte and much less reflective. The anodizing was of course a corrosion-preventative.











    Your screenshots always impress. What a great looking model and texture.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

  14. #12239
    Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Great Stearman pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Your screenshots always impress. What a great looking model and texture.
    Ladies & Gentlemen ( i.e. not only @ zolt and dvj ),

    No doubt John's screenshots are always of extraordinairy quality but does that mean that they need to be reposted with every word or two in a kudos reply ??.... Will this really make them look even better ??... I doubt it...

    This happens quite often here in the screenshots threads (and certainly not only with John's screenshots..) and is the main reason that screenshot threads become ridiculously long and even irritating when you want to page thru them. IMHO it is absolutely not needed, completely unnecessary and literally overflowing. It's a matter of seconds to delete them if you want to quote the poster and keep the text only. Like this post.....

    Sorry for the rant, i felt i finally needed to say something about it. Absolutely no offense.

    Cheers,
    jan

    P.S. and btw, did ya'll realize that the PT-17 Stearman depicted here so eloquently by John is the 6 years old fine Vertigo rendition and *not* the equally fine just released GAS offering ?...

  15. #12240
    I have to agree with you on that Javis, I have seen some great screenshots by some members here, but like you say when they quote them and we have to see 4 or 5 more of the same thing just posted, gets old. I can even remember when Ron (before he passed) didn't want more then 3 or 4 pics to a post, now 5 or 6 is common. What changed all of a sudden?

  16. #12241
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    I can even remember when Ron (before he passed) didn't want more then 3 or 4 pics to a post, now 5 or 6 is common. What changed all of a sudden?
    Eddie,

    It's still SOH policy to allow only 4 images in a post but if a screenshot poster wants he can combine 2 or more screenshots together and post as one image. ( mebbe i shouldn't have said that..let sleeping dogs lie.. )

  17. #12242
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    ...but does that mean that they need to be reposted with every word or two in a kudos reply ??.... Will this really make them look even better ??... I doubt it...

    This happens quite often here in the screenshots threads (and certainly not only with John's screenshots..) and is the main reason that screenshot threads become ridiculously long and even irritating when you want to page thru them. IMHO it is absolutely not needed, completely unnecessary and literally overflowing. It's a matter of seconds to delete them if you want to quote the poster and keep the text only. Like this post.....
    Wholeheartedly agree. A highly annoying habit some display, no offence intended as well. Your respectable nudge may help in this. It's so simple a thing to wipe them from a forum reply. Deserves a "sticky" somehow here now.



    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    I have to agree with you on that Javis, I have seen some great screenshots by some members here, but like you say when they quote them and we have to see 4 or 5 more of the same thing just posted, gets old. I can even remember when Ron (before he passed) didn't want more then 3 or 4 pics to a post, now 5 or 6 is common. What changed all of a sudden?
    Glad you said this Eddie. Had recently attempted to post 4 shots in another section when the system prevented me from doing so, the reason given was that my post had "more then 6 images" Ehhhh? It was counting the forum "smilies" I'd chosen to be included in the post (3 of them at the time). Point is: Am remembering the 4-shot-per-post guideline in the past... yet the forum software presently states 6 allowable images. From here on I'll limit myself to 3, how that be? (not including smilies) Please accept my apology to all for getting carried away posting shots sometimes.



    Additionally, what a wealth of Stearman shots lately! FSX will live on for a long while with FS Art so breathtaking. Nicely done, all!

    .
    Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem
    ​.

  18. #12243


    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-9-4_23-15-0-394.jpg   2018-9-4_23-11-52-500.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

  19. #12244

  20. #12245






    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-9-12_22-48-26-407.jpg   2018-9-12_22-27-20-744.jpg   2018-8-21_23-8-40-684.jpg   2018-8-21_22-41-45-40.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

  21. #12246






    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-9-5_22-32-34-778.jpg   2018-9-5_22-38-54-664.jpg   2018-9-5_22-46-29-309.jpg   2018-9-5_22-32-57-224.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

  22. #12247
    In a way, that jets' profile looks very similar to its younger cousin, the F-105 Thunderchief.... Nice Shots menef.

    BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

  23. #12248
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    In a way, that jets' profile looks very similar to its younger cousin, the F-105 Thunderchief.... Nice Shots menef.

    BB686
    Thank you!
    The more you do, the less you dream

  24. #12249
    Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post








    So reminiscent of the F-84's operated by the Virginia Air National Guard. They operated the F-84F for many years and in the last years of operation, they repainted them in the SEA scheme.
    My computer:Win XP 32 Home SP3, Q9650 @ 3.6 GHz, 4GB DDR2-800 RAM @ 800 MHz, EVGA Nvidia 560Ti-SOC-1GB

  25. #12250
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Ladies & Gentlemen ( i.e. not only @ zolt and dvj ),

    No doubt John's screenshots are always of extraordinairy quality but does that mean that they need to be reposted with every word or two in a kudos reply ??.... Will this really make them look even better ??... I doubt it...

    This happens quite often here in the screenshots threads (and certainly not only with John's screenshots..) and is the main reason that screenshot threads become ridiculously long and even irritating when you want to page thru them. IMHO it is absolutely not needed, completely unnecessary and literally overflowing. It's a matter of seconds to delete them if you want to quote the poster and keep the text only. Like this post.....

    Sorry for the rant, i felt i finally needed to say something about it. Absolutely no offense.

    Cheers,
    jan

    P.S. and btw, did ya'll realize that the PT-17 Stearman depicted here so eloquently by John is the 6 years old fine Vertigo rendition and *not* the equally fine just released GAS offering ?...
    I thought that WAS the GAS offering. Bummer. But I guess that's good for GAS
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Similar Threads

  1. Some Screenshots
    By Bomber_12th in forum FSX General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: April 15th, 2016, 14:26
  2. old screenshots...
    By redriver6 in forum Hot-Shots!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 26th, 2012, 07:30
  3. Few F-35 screenshots...
    By Dino Cattaneo in forum FSX General Discussion
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: July 29th, 2010, 01:58
  4. A few screenshots
    By JohnC in forum FSX General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 21st, 2010, 13:03
  5. Screenshots
    By kwb737 in forum CFS2 General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: February 16th, 2010, 11:53

Members who have read this thread: 747

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •