FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 362

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Another Gannet Sea King.. this time ZA130/09

Interested parties can grab a copy HERE

ATB
    DaveB
    That's a really cool paint job. Which Sea King model is this? I am tempted to get it just to fly around with that paint.

Edit:

Nevermind, I read the cfg.txt in the download. It's a good time to get a Virtavia aircraft, currently being 50% off.

Cheers,

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Pretty much got the paint layout done. It's taken forever.... up to about 120 screengrabs for trial and error...but the layout 'stencil' is within 1 or 2 pixels of absolute.

Once I get the lines done and a bump map .... it'll start looking like a bird...

Awesome!!!!!!

That's a really cool paint job. Which Sea King model is this? I am tempted to get it just to fly around with that paint.

Edit:

Nevermind, I read the cfg.txt in the download. It's a good time to get a Virtavia aircraft, currently being 50% off.

Cheers,

Scott
    Hi Scott I didn't put any detail with the screenies as I presumed everyone would know it was the Virtavia model. Yes.. 50% off is a great time to buy and I can wholeheartedly recommend this model. OK.. it has it's faults and the VC is a bit old looking now but of all the Alpha/Virtavia models I've ever bought (and boy.. have I bought a lot!!) this one is surely the best. I rarely get my money back on payware.. more often than not I don't even come close but the Sea King owes me nothing. Thank you for your kind words about the paint too

ATB
    DaveB

Just to add .... this is Hadi Tahir's Yak-130. I kinda see why there aren't too many repaints of this critter. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few done.
    Still adding panel details...

Also got 'into' the model and changed some colours ....darkened the glass .... stuff like that. A year ago or so I think I'd also killed the gloss ....to the point I can't get it back via alpha ....so I'll need to get back to the original model and 'rethink'... [that's an 80,80,80 alpha gloss]

Edit...
    I think I know why I delved into modelmat in the first place....
    Here's the same paint...only with a 255,255,255 alpha ....only with the original model from 2008.....alright if you want something in 'metal'.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak130-6.jpg   Yak130-7.jpg  
    Last edited by Jafo; May 24th, 2016 at 07:37.

Oh, fine....so the alpha does nothing....even full black it's the same...so 'gloss' is all down to the model settings...

Another Gannet Sea King.. this time ZA130/09

Interested parties can grab a copy HERE

ATB
    DaveB
    Splendid Fellow Mr.B👍
    Excellent work as ever!
    Would a slightly 'sootier'/weathered version be at all possible Dave? Perhaps with exhaust stains trailing down across fuselage number?
    ChipShop😉
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

I'll see what I can come up with. That's not clean by the way.. it already has a weathered layer though nowhere near it's full potential

ATB
    DaveB

Would a slightly 'sootier'/weathered version be at all possible Dave? Perhaps with exhaust stains trailing down across fuselage number?

SMOKEY
    Rename maps 1, 2 and 4 to 1ns, 2ns and 4ns then replace with the 3 maps in the zip.
    ATB
    DaveB

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Time off from the linework to add other details.
    Working around the 'unpaintables' is a bit of a pain...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak130-8.jpg  

Time off from the linework to add other details.
    Working around the 'unpaintables' is a bit of a pain...

Very nice Paul!
    You really are a masochist but in a good way!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Time off from the linework to add other details.Working around the 'unpaintables' is a bit of a pain...
    But I can assure you that your efforts are heighly appreciated. Unfortunately I do know the frustration of putting a lot of effort in creating a paintkit and halfway realiase that you can't do what you would like to do as the texture lay out doesn't allow it.......

But so far you have really done an incredible job! Are you working at the bottom side as well or is that still a challenge to face?

Thanks,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    But I can assure you that your efforts are heighly appreciated. Unfortunately I do know the frustration of putting a lot of effort in creating a paintkit and halfway realiase that you can't do what you would like to do as the texture lay out doesn't allow it.......

But so far you have really done an incredible job! Are you working at the bottom side as well or is that still a challenge to face?

Thanks,
    Huub
    Yes....this is the fourth or fifth Paintkit I've done...but really only the first where no kit existed before....not even an unlayered bitmap. All I had was 'da plane' ....and that was plain black [mostly].

Usually chasing lines across segments of a mapped image isn't all that bad ... but strangely this one has sections which are either plumb...1/2, 1 or even 2 degrees out of whack ....possibly just a fitting issue on the 1024 square.

I've managed to chase a few lines around the whole plane...not all that simple when there are 10 bits which aren't necessarily parallel, but I've since found a walk-around site so am adding details along with more lines.... and once I have them all OK I can do the bump map [it has one of those....only no spec - that's in the model settings].

Hardest part left is to try to 'fudge' some form of normal 'gloss' [other than spec shine].

Here's how it is at the latest...slightly darker green too....

Here's an example of how 'quirky' the paint layout is.... the top bits of the front and middle rails of the canopy frame...are mapped onto the bottom of the plane. The rear-most rail 'top' is where it should be...on the top map.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak130-9.jpg  

Some very nice Viggen shots Zsolt! Make sure to load some Skyflash missiles on the Jakt Viggen as well!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Some very nice Viggen shots Zsolt! Make sure to load some Skyflash missiles on the Jakt Viggen as well!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

SMOKEY
    Rename maps 1, 2 and 4 to 1ns, 2ns and 4ns then replace with the 3 maps in the zip.
    ATB
    DaveB

Okie Dokie Dave, I'll give that a try, many thanks!
    BTW, would the same idea work for the RAF SAR paints as well?
    ChipShop

It would but I've not done any

Funny you mention the RAF Sea Kings.. I've had a look at loads recently and most look remarkably free of exhaust soot!
    ATB
    DaveB

Tried your rename suggestion, but got a totally black fuselage, with a few coloured fittings! A little too much soot perhaps?
    Ref to RAF Sea Kings, maybe they use a stronger washing detergent than the RN!
    ChipShop

Virtavia's Convair R3Y-2 Tradewind Tanker

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue