FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 441

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

Thx for reply to both of you. I have this one but from last year OE-ESA have new livery

Eventually I might have to do some repaints for Ant's T-28 - there are several that I'd love to have in FSX.
    That's great John.
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post

Eventually I might have to do some repaints for Ant's T-28 - there are several that I'd love to have in FSX.
    oh I'm looking forward for your repaints!

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Great shots!

I've never seen the Harrier 251 scheme on the Wilco Harrier.

Where's it from?

Thx,

DL
    No I've never seen that paint before on the Wilco shar... that's why I knocked it up today from the paintkit... couple more I'm thinking of doing and then i will release them.

Matt

Much clapping of hands

I gave up on the Wilco model because there were too many things I (it) couldn't do. Happy to have one of yours though Matt

ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    No I've never seen that paint before on the Wilco shar... that's why I knocked it up today from the paintkit... couple more I'm thinking of doing and then i will release them.

Matt
    Outstanding Matt.

If you're inclined, know that they'd be much enjoyed. The GR3 got some nice repaint love, but the SHAR is a bit thin on repaints. Anything you do would be much appreciated.

800 probably had the nicest schemes, and even when they went low-vis, it still managed to look good.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ron_c1991.JPEG

899 was splendid too...

http://cdn.airplane-pictures.net/ima.../8/26/6691.jpg

Thanks for the sneak previews!

dl

EN186 'Blue Bird' of S/L L.C. Wade of 145 Sqn.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Jankees, I'm liking the looks of that repaint! The colors seem a bit off though. I believe the intention is to depict the "Temperate Sea" color scheme, as used in the Mediterranean, of Dark Slate Grey (topside greenish color) and Extra Dark Sea Grey (topside dark bluish-grey color), over Sky (lower-surface).

If you'd like, I put together these paint chips, taken from original WWII-era RAF paint/colour chips, for those particular markings (I included a few of the RAF medium-level blues, in-case the spinner is supposed to be blue - if not, it would of course be "extra dark sea grey" to match the rest of the camouflage scheme):

This is one of the most recent restorations (a Mk.V) to emerge painted in the original/authentic temperate sea colors:

Last edited by Bomber_12th; June 18th, 2017 at 08:57.

Dave

I'm beginning to see what you meant about the mapping on this model... I cant do the Lo Viz 801 Sq one I wanted to do with chequered rudder... mapping is all over the place. Have to make do with this one.

Matt

Beautiful screenshots, Fishbed! The first shot is truly majestic (I'm going to have to fly that aircraft again, shortly!), and if I haven't said it before, thank you Jankees for that repaint, as it has been my go-to ever since you released it!

For fans of the Duxford-based Catalina "Miss Pick Up", this is a good Facebook page to follow: https://www.facebook.com/TheCatalinaSociety/

Up until 1998, the CAF Minnesota Wing flew one all the time, that used to fly over my childhood home every time it did fly, and it was a guaranteed sight every time I went to the local airport as it was too big to fit in any of the hangars (as such, it left a real impression on me). Sadly, it was severely damaged by a storm in '98, and it has been undergoing restoration ever since, now in the care of the Duluth Wing. Hopefully it will be flying again in another 3 years or so.

I don't know if anyone has ever done one, but I would love to see a repaint featuring the US Navy tri-color scheme for the Aerosoft PBY-5A or -6 (either variant with the retractable gear) - perhaps a repaint of the Military Aviation Museum's PBY-5A (one of the hundreds of repaints I would do if I had all the time to do so).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu43 View Post
    Technically these are P3D screens, but this thread seems to get a lot more traffic...

Nice shots.....Thanks for sharing
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Dave

I'm beginning to see what you meant about the mapping on this model... I cant do the Lo Viz 801 Sq one I wanted to do with chequered rudder... mapping is all over the place. Have to make do with this one.

Matt
    Yup.. the mapping on the hard points is equally poop. Note also the GU codes on the Adens mate (Gutersloh)

I've just taken 716 out and it still pains me

ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries
    Dave

Matt

Perfect!!

dl

Another Spitfire from me; Spitfire XVIe 4D-N from No 74 Sqn, early 1945. It has the standard 2nd TAF decals as black spinner and C1 roundel on the wings. It might also have had this on the underside. Individual code letter on black shield on the nose.
    The clipped wing Realair IX is a rather close match for the XVIe, the only major external difference is the armament, as the XVI had .50 cals in the inner cannon bay and the 20mm in the outer (no wing .303). the clipped wings were seen on both the XVIs and IX during this phase of the war as they were mainly involved with fighter bomber operations.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Please release your 716 paint Dave... looks great to me. Thanks for HU on GU codes I'll try and remove them before release.

Matt

A superb repaint there, Jens-Ole! Actually, for a split moment when I first saw the screenshots, I thought it was a new Mk.XVI model, until I noticed the pilot and read your description.

Lovely looking repaint there Jens-Ole.

Looking forward to it's release!

Cheers

Paul

That is a beautiful Spit paint JK

Matt.. I'll let you have 716. There may be a couple more things I can do. Looking at the model yesterday, the intake fan didn't impress me much so I'll see if I can kill it off a bit
    ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    That is a beautiful Spit paint JK

Matt.. I'll let you have 716. There may be a couple more things I can do. Looking at the model yesterday, the intake fan didn't impress me much so I'll see if I can kill it off a bit
    ATB
    DaveB

716 is looking good indeed, Dave! Yes, the fan texture always struck me as weird. But you guys are really making it better!

dl

I've uploaded these 4... be available when worked their way through system

Matt

A-ah.. excellent Matt

I've pulled the yellow tips off the rotor blades. It could be argued that the way I've done it makes the blades look a little small (I cut into the yellow from the dark outer colour rather than up from the lighter inner colour) but it looks ok to me. The yellow was doing my head in I'll zap a thumbnail into it and get it zipped up

EDIT: Link to XZ484 HERE

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks Dave... I love it. The new fan textures are going in all the rest too!

Did someone say that some repaints had been done for the GR3?... must have missed those... be glad if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Glad you like em There are a couple of GR3 paints outside the release.. at least I thought there were. Just had a look at Flightsim.com and nothing comes up.. just 2 FRS repaints. I have:

1Squad
    3Squad
    233OCU
    War
    3Sqn Winter
    .. and that's it for the GR3. If there are any of those you don't have, I'll be happy to pass them on

EDIT: The winter camo paint is in the library here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...co&childcats=1 Scroll down to find it
    ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries
    Thanks Dave... I love it. The new fan textures are going in all the rest too!

Did someone say that some repaints had been done for the GR3?... must have missed those... be glad if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Matt
    There's a mountain of them on avsim, too, as I recall.

The winter paint I have, which I believe is the one Dave points to, is quite spectacular.

dl